PDA

View Full Version : Zac Houston rhp

BB30
02-17-2019, 06:05 PM
Just saw where Houston will probably end up making his mlb debut this season. His numbers have been filthy the last couple of years.

Todd4State
02-17-2019, 06:08 PM
Very possible as a relief pitcher. We should have made him our Sunday guy in 2016. I think Rooker, Lowe, and maybe Robson get called up as well. Rooker and Lowe are almost locks. Robson needs to do well in AAA but I think he will make it nonetheless.

Commercecomet24
02-17-2019, 09:54 PM
Zacs dad is my insurance agent. Known them for years, great people and Zacs a fine young man. He's been absolute filthy in the minors last couple of years. Gonna wind up being tigers closer at some point in the near future.

The Federalist Engineer
02-17-2019, 10:32 PM
Very possible as a relief pitcher. We should have made him our Sunday guy in 2016. I think Rooker, Lowe, and maybe Robson get called up as well. Rooker and Lowe are almost locks. Robson needs to do well in AAA but I think he will make it nonetheless.

If we had not blown game-2 lead against Arizona, Zach was gonna punch our ticket to Omaha in game-3

He didn't kick in until his junior year with us, even then it was the 2nd half. I guess Mini Me pushed the right buttons with Houston

Choctaw Dawg
02-17-2019, 10:34 PM
If we had not blown game-2 lead against Arizona, Zach was gonna punch our ticket to Omaha in game-3

He didn't kick in until his junior year with us, even then it was the 2nd half. I guess Mini Me pushed the right buttons with Houston

Yep, if there was a game three Zach Houston would have whooped some ass with the way he pitched to close the season.

Todd4State
02-17-2019, 11:32 PM

No doubt. If I remember correctly what happened was Houston was the third starter and had a game against Oregon or someone like that and gave up five runs- and I think all were unearned except one and he didn't pitch poorly at all and then we had some rainouts or something and we ended up with Pilkington starting on a Sunday and it stayed that way until the SEC Tournament. Daniel Brown also had some struggles a starter earlier in the year and we went with Pilkington instead of Houston. Personally I would have just gone with Houston because that year when Pilkington pitched I felt like I was on pins and needles the entire time because he was a freshman but he came through most of the time.

I feel like Zac proved me right in the end when the SEC Tournament and Regionals came around.

Todd4State
02-17-2019, 11:33 PM
And I'll say this about Wes Johnson and this may not be popular- but having one of our former pitching coaches in MLB is a good thing for MSU baseball perception wise.

louisvilledawg
02-18-2019, 10:41 AM
Zacs dad is my insurance agent. Known them for years, great people and Zacs a fine young man. He's been absolute filthy in the minors last couple of years. Gonna wind up being tigers closer at some point in the near future.

Who don't you know lol.

Commercecomet24
02-18-2019, 02:26 PM
Who don't you know lol.

I been around a long time lol! I've either played with, coached or coached against a lot of folks in the baseball community in the Southeast. I'm an old Dawg,lol!

msbulldog
02-18-2019, 06:27 PM
No doubt. If I remember correctly what happened was Houston was the third starter and had a game against Oregon or someone like that and gave up five runs- and I think all were unearned except one and he didn't pitch poorly at all and then we had some rainouts or something and we ended up with Pilkington starting on a Sunday and it stayed that way until the SEC Tournament. Daniel Brown also had some struggles a starter earlier in the year and we went with Pilkington instead of Houston. Personally I would have just gone with Houston because that year when Pilkington pitched I felt like I was on pins and needles the entire time because he was a freshman but he came through most of the time.

I feel like Zac proved me right in the end when the SEC Tournament and Regionals came around.

Hind sight is 20/20 Todd, LOL!

msbulldog
02-18-2019, 06:30 PM
I been around a long time lol! I've either played with, coached or coached against a lot of folks in the baseball community in the Southeast. I'm an old Dawg,lol!

Bless you CC, you are so valuable to our little community! Rep given!