PDA

View Full Version : Bruce pearl takes a jab at Starkville

MaroonFlounder
02-17-2019, 01:58 PM
Or "Starksville" as he says it

The guys interviewing him on SEC Now after his HUGE win over the last place team in the SEC asked him about the Auburn crowd that travelled to the game. "It's Nashville, it's not like going to Starksville".

Sour grapes because his team got beat by that lowly team at MSU, I guess....

I'm pretty sure Nashville (with its population being 100X larger than Starkville) has a good size alumni base that didn't have to travel.

They think us Mississippi "hicks" are just that stupid. And Bruce Pearl is a prick.

starkvegasdawg
02-17-2019, 02:00 PM

The guys interviewing him on SEC Now after his HUGE win over the last place team in the SEC asked him about the Auburn crowd that travelled to the game. "It's Nashville, it's not like going to Starksville".

I'm pretty sure Nashville (with its population being 100X larger than Starkville) has a good size alumni base that didn't have to travel.

They think us Mississippi "hicks" are just that stupid. And Bruce Pearl is a prick.

Someone should ask Bruce when he's hosting his next cookout.

msudawg1200
02-17-2019, 02:16 PM
Frick that big nosed, fake tanned loser. He’ll see us in Auburns in a few weeks.

chef dixon
02-17-2019, 02:48 PM
Frick that big nosed, fake tanned loser. He’ll see us in Auburns in a few weeks.

Rep given for "Auburns"

Ari Gold
02-17-2019, 02:53 PM
**** that fat tanning bed sweaty POS... he is lucky his ass still has a job.

maroonmania
02-17-2019, 02:58 PM

Seriously, the conference office should step in and reprimand coaches and university employees that take those type of ridiculous jabs at other schools in the league. Its one thing for some unknown blogger in KY to take jabs at MSU/Starkville but for a conference coach or any SEC school employee to do it should not be allowed. At least not publicly.

klong-dog
02-17-2019, 03:05 PM
Pearl reminds me of a baboon that got over heated at the local zoo.

Dawg61
02-17-2019, 03:34 PM
I welcome a new rivalry in basketball. It's not like Auburn is Nashville either Brucie.

Goldendawg
02-17-2019, 03:39 PM
Seriously, the conference office should step in and reprimand coaches and university employees that take those type of ridiculous jabs at other schools in the league. Its one thing for some unknown blogger in KY to take jabs at MSU/Starkville but for a conference coach or any SEC school employee to do it should not be allowed. At least not publicly.

Pearl shouldn't have been allowed to coach in the SEC again. Wonder what's going on with Chuck Person's case that Pearl "knew nothing about" and AU dropped their internal investigation (after AU BB started winning) that Pearl refused to cooperate in?

msstate7
02-17-2019, 03:55 PM
I welcome a new rivalry in basketball. It's not like Auburn is Nashville either Brucie.

It's not like any sec town but maybe Athens is on par with Nashville

Dawg61
02-17-2019, 04:21 PM

And yet we don't hear the Vandy coach talking shit so what's your point? Brucie just wants a rivalry with us.

msstate7
02-17-2019, 04:26 PM
And yet we don't hear the Vandy coach talking shit so what's your point? Brucie just wants a rivalry with us.

Just pointing out Nashville is a great city.

I didn't think the comment was too malicious. Starkville and Nashville were Auburn's last 2 road games... apparently auburn had a good fan turnout at one and not the other. Bruce pointed out why he thought that was. I don't care what he says. I don't go looking for things to offend me though

gravedigger
02-17-2019, 04:36 PM

I lived there. It ain?t all that.

Dawg61
02-17-2019, 04:38 PM
Just pointing out Nashville is a great city.

I didn't think the comment was too malicious. Starkville and Nashville were Auburn's last 2 road games... apparently auburn had a good fan turnout at one and not the other. Bruce pointed out why he thought that was. I don't care what he says. I don't go looking for things to offend me though

I agree. Starkville isn't Nashville. Few places are Nashville but even so Starkville still offers some things Nashville doesn't. Not everyone loves living in a bigger city, driving for an hour a day or more and paying 3x as much for everything. People just love impressing people they don't like anyways by saying they live in a trendy big city.

Ari Gold
02-17-2019, 05:09 PM

Pearl is a POS.: period

Bothrops
02-17-2019, 05:26 PM
How many fans do we send to Auburn to watch hoops? I would image it's less than Nashville. Also, I would bet we have more fans that live in the Nashville area than the metropolis of Auburn-Opelika.

Liverpooldawg
02-17-2019, 06:22 PM

Nashville is in something of a league of its own these days. I'd certainly rather go to Nashville than anywhere in Alabama.

RocketDawg
02-17-2019, 07:16 PM
Nashville is in something of a league of its own these days. I'd certainly rather go to Nashville than anywhere in Alabama.

I've forgotten the publication, but I read an article recently where Nashville is rated the #1 city in the nation, economically. They have a building boom going on there, and Amazon is going to open a 5,000 employee center (not a fulfillment center as I understand it) with two high rise/skyscrapers to be built downtown. It's a fun place to visit.

Liverpooldawg
02-17-2019, 07:30 PM
I've forgotten the publication, but I read an article recently where Nashville is rated the #1 city in the nation, economically. They have a building boom going on there, and Amazon is going to open a 5,000 employee center (not a fulfillment center as I understand it) with two high rise/skyscrapers to be built downtown. It's a fun place to visit.
Go to a Predators game sometime.

dantheman4248
02-17-2019, 08:12 PM
Pretty sure he was saying it as a destination to get your own fans to travel and takeover an arena. Lot easier to do in Nashville than starkville.