PDA

View Full Version : I'm aware of the Clarion Ledger rule...

SaintDawg
02-17-2019, 10:43 AM

I didnt see any mention of this. Mods delete if needed. Do they even have an editor?

Quaoarsking
02-17-2019, 10:51 AM
Horka (who had nothing at all to do with this) is the only one who's bothered to apologize. Nothing on official CL twitter or from Sam Hall, unsurprisingly.

BrunswickDawg
02-17-2019, 10:53 AM
They are blaming headline writers and layout process "outside MS" again.

What a POS.

Quaoarsking
02-17-2019, 10:56 AM
From 2016:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DznnWmDWkAAxRQr.jpg

Guess the checks are no longer in place.

starkvegasdawg
02-17-2019, 11:12 AM
From 2016:

The checks were in place all right. The one call that's all checks. Pisses me off he's allowed to advertise on our Jumbotron wearing a MSU shirt.

DeputyDawg94
02-17-2019, 02:33 PM
The checks were in place all right. The one call that's all checks. Pisses me off he's allowed to advertise on our Jumbotron wearing a MSU shirt.
Yep. Can’t stand ambulance chasing lawyers.

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2019, 02:41 PM
I'm not going to claim a conspiracy. I just feel bad for the state of Mississippi.

From the mis-spelling on Raffy's statue, to the continuous errors the CL makes, to much of the top 10 players in the state leaving this year, everyone in our state needs to step it the 17 up.

It's just sad that such a wonderful state is continually plagued by ignorance, lack of an attention to detail, and an odd naiveness to believe it doesn't matter.

We need sharper people running our institutions and simply more pride in everything we do.

sleepy dawg
02-18-2019, 09:32 AM
If there is any MSU fan who still supports that paper/site, you are fool. It's not a conspiracy when it happens as often as it does. It is blatantly obvious what goes on.

tireddawg
02-18-2019, 11:09 AM
I'm not going to claim a conspiracy. I just feel bad for the state of Mississippi.

From the mis-spelling on Raffy's statue, to the continuous errors the CL makes, to much of the top 10 players in the state leaving this year, everyone in our state needs to step it the 17 up.

It's just sad that such a wonderful state is continually plagued by ignorance, lack of an attention to detail, and an odd naiveness to believe it doesn't matter.

We need sharper people running our institutions and simply more pride in everything we do.

Of all the stuff you post that I shake my head at, this is not one of them. I agree

Political Hack
02-18-2019, 11:35 AM
If there is any MSU fan who still supports that paper/site, you are fool. It's not a conspiracy when it happens as often as it does. It is blatantly obvious what goes on.

State fans love to be abused and can't wait to come back for more.

maroonmania
02-18-2019, 12:09 PM
From 2016:

I think at this point the fact that the CL still exists is unfortunate.

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 03:13 PM
Of all the stuff you post that I shake my head at, this is not one of them. I agree

Well, except he misspelled misspell. **

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 03:14 PM
I think at this point the fact that the CL still exists is unfortunate.

A lot of you guys probably can't remember because you weren't born then, but the CL used to be a pretty good, well-respected newspaper. They may have been biased in favor of Ole Miss (I don't know), but the news content was good.

msbulldog
02-18-2019, 04:05 PM
A lot of you guys probably can't remember because you weren't born then, but the CL used to be a pretty good, well-respected newspaper. They may have been biased in favor of Ole Miss (I don't know), but the news content was good.

I used to buy it daily it was 25 cents then, best in-state sports available. They had Rick Cleveland, Rusty Hampton, Orley Hood and so many more... dammit I'm getting old.

Commercecomet24
02-18-2019, 04:13 PM
I used to buy it daily it was 25 cents then, best in-state sports available. They had Rick Cleveland, Rusty Hampton, Orley Hood and so many more... dammit I'm getting old.

Same here. They had a very competent staff then, it's been a long, long time since those days those.

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 05:12 PM

You're not old. I remember when newspapers were 5 cents. :) Sundays were 25 cents.

msbulldog
02-18-2019, 05:18 PM
Damn Rocket I thought we determined we were about the same age, it was 25 cents when I was 18 and buying it daily. When I was younger, I had scripts to Sports Illustrated We lived in the country and Momma and Daddy got the Vicksburg paper.

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 05:23 PM
Damn Rocket I thought we determined we were about the same age, it was 25 cents when I was 18 and buying it daily. When I was younger, I had scripts to Sports Illustrated We lived in the country and Momma and Daddy got the Vicksburg paper.

Well, it didn't last long. Went from 5 to 10 to 25 cents in just a couple of years if I remember correctly. I graduated in '70.

msbulldog
02-18-2019, 05:27 PM
Well, it didn't last long. Went from 5 to 10 to 25 cents in just a couple of years if I remember correctly. I graduated in '70.

Well you got me Rocket, I was a freshman in '73. You must have been in Aero, do you remember Dr. Joe Brown?

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 05:57 PM
Well you got me Rocket, I was a freshman in '73. You must have been in Aero, do you remember Dr. Joe Brown?

Yes, I was in Aero but don't remember Brown. The department wasn't that big, so if he was there then you'd think I would have known him. I think we graduated 12 in '70. There some professors that I had that I do not remember their names though.

msbulldog
02-18-2019, 06:49 PM
I really don't know when he started at MSU, I was friends with his daughter.

TheLostDawg
02-19-2019, 02:30 PM
From 2016:

No one seems to have mentioned the CL radio break down of national signing day. I'm not sure if any of you listen to it on Alexa but their comment on State was only about how Moorhead missed out on guys he thought that he was going to flip over from ole Miss and didn't. They then went to go on glorify ole Miss signing class. I got so mad, I just turned it off.