Dawg2003
02-16-2019, 07:04 PM
Anybody know why?

msbulldog
02-16-2019, 07:04 PM
OH SHAT!

msstate7
02-16-2019, 07:06 PM
Awesome. Right when I was hoping we'd hit our stride. I'd roll with whoever it was a couple weeks ago that said this lineup...

Peters
Q
Woodard
Perry
Ado

klong-dog
02-16-2019, 07:08 PM
The one player we thrive off of defensively. Which is our main issue, having that intensity on the D end. This hurts bad.

MaroonFlounder
02-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Screw the men's team. Even if they make the dance, they're one and done.

ShotgunDawg
02-16-2019, 07:19 PM
Team of clowns. As Bill Parcells says, "clown can't lead a huddle"

I don't think we have bad kids on our basketball team, but we've got a bunch of kids that make it difficult for others to follow them because others don't respect them

KOdawg1
02-16-2019, 07:24 PM
That's it. I'm done. Baseball season it is.

CadaverDawg
02-16-2019, 07:27 PM
Great. Good news keep coming

MarketingBully
02-16-2019, 07:30 PM
DJ Stewart should never have been redshirted...

MarketingBully
02-16-2019, 07:41 PM

I don't think we have bad kids on our basketball team, but we've got a bunch of kids that make it difficult for others to follow them because others don't respect them

He violated team rules before but no one paid attention because it cost him just a starting spot in the Ole Miss game. My guess is he violated the same rule and Howland hammered him. No one is above the team.

Ari Gold
02-16-2019, 07:42 PM

Then I bet you really hated the Stands years...

Ari Gold
02-16-2019, 07:46 PM
DJ Stewart should never have been redshirted...

Why is that even relevant? We would have completely wasted his freshman year if he wasn’t redshirted.
We have a really good rotation now getting T Carter and RWII minutes how would have DJ gotten any minutes?

CadaverDawg
02-16-2019, 07:48 PM
Anybody know why?

Moultrie Knee Im guessing

chef dixon
02-16-2019, 07:51 PM
I hate to say I don't think it matters if he plays or not, but I really don't think it matters with this particular team. We are most likely going to keep playing in the same frustrating manner.

msbulldog
02-16-2019, 07:52 PM
Man that's just a shame, times he's been injured and you thought he was gone and he came back, damn shame.

msstate7
02-16-2019, 07:53 PM
Disappointed in nick; but no excuses, we gotta have this win tonight with or without him

msbulldog
02-16-2019, 07:53 PM
i guess he won't be jumping to the NBA now.****

klong-dog
02-16-2019, 07:54 PM
We're a projected 7 seed folks. I guess y'all are use to a decade worth of shitty basketball and can't get it out of your head. This team has potential to make noise. Like last year, just get hot at the right time, is all it takes.

Ari Gold
02-16-2019, 07:56 PM
I hate to say I don't think it matters if he plays or not, but I really don't think it matters with this particular team. We are most likely going to keep playing in the same frustrating manner.

It’s absolutely amazing the shit this team gets from our fans. We are an easy 6 or 7 seed right now , coming off one of the best complete games we have played all year, have ONLY lost ONE game by more than 5 points this whole season Yet it’s **** this team.
How bout the **** all of you that can’t get behind them ..
It’s ****ing embarrassing . Y’all act like we have a history of making the Dance every year. We don’t.

msstate7
02-16-2019, 07:58 PM
It’s absolutely amazing the shit this team gets from our fans. We are an easy 6 or 7 seed right now , coming off one of the best complete games we have played all year, have lost ONE game by more than 5 points
Yet it’s **** this team.
How bout the **** all of you that can’t get behind them ..
It’s ****ing embarrassing . Y’all act like we have a history of making the Dance every year. We haven’t .

I actually agree with you. We're a tourney team... what we want?

ShotgunDawg
02-16-2019, 07:59 PM
Then I bet you really hated the Stands years...

The later ones yes, but with Timmy Bowers & others, there were true leaders that the other players respected

HoopsDawg
02-16-2019, 08:00 PM
I actually agree with you. We're a tourney team... what we want?

agree, but for a team that struggles defensively it really hurts losing our best on ball defender. I hope this is a short suspension, but Howland can't let the same things happen here that happened at UCLA.

Ari Gold
02-16-2019, 08:03 PM
agree, but for a team that struggles defensively it really hurts losing our best on ball defender. I hope this is a short suspension, but Howland can't let the same things happen here that happened at UCLA.

Losing Nick is a huge blow. No question about it.

ZedFedder
02-16-2019, 08:05 PM
Go dawgs.

msstate7
02-16-2019, 08:05 PM

Let's see what happens. I agree losing nick hurts, but I do think we'll be better offensively with Tyson or Q at 2.

Ari Gold
02-16-2019, 08:07 PM
The later ones yes, but with Timmy Bowers & others, there were true leaders that the other players respected

It started from year one with Stands. There just wasn’t social media around then.
This issue with Nick is just an excuse for the MBK haters to pile on.

chef dixon
02-16-2019, 08:10 PM
It?s absolutely amazing the shit this team gets from our fans. We are an easy 6 or 7 seed right now , coming off one of the best complete games we have played all year, have ONLY lost ONE game by more than 5 points this whole season Yet it?s **** this team.
How bout the **** all of you that can?t get behind them ..
It?s ****ing embarrassing . Y?all act like we have a history of making the Dance every year. We don?t.

Easy..

Being a 7 seed right now doesn't make them not frustrating to watch most of the time. I'm also very aware we could play our way out of the dance if we don't take care of business in some very tricky games left on the schedule.

Dawg61
02-16-2019, 08:17 PM
It?s absolutely amazing the shit this team gets from our fans. We are an easy 6 or 7 seed right now , coming off one of the best complete games we have played all year, have ONLY lost ONE game by more than 5 points this whole season Yet it?s **** this team.
How bout the **** all of you that can?t get behind them ..
It?s ****ing embarrassing . Y?all act like we have a history of making the Dance every year. We don?t.

I'd rep this if it'd let me. Carter and Woodard get more minutes now. Not a bad thing.

Esac44
02-16-2019, 08:19 PM
There’s no excuse. As a student athlete you should know that there are basically three or four major things you have to do, class, practice, study hall and curfew. You’re a “adult”, start acting like it.

CadaverDawg
02-16-2019, 08:24 PM
Glad we're a projected tourney team.

How dare any of you ****ers get ****ing frustrated and say something ****ing negative when you find out one of our best ****ing players is suspended indefinitely! Get your ****ing **** together!**

msstate7
02-16-2019, 08:25 PM

How dare any of you ****ers get ****ing frustrated and say something ****ing negative when you find out one of our best ****ing players is suspended indefinitely! Get your ****ing **** together!**

While I agreed with ari, this post was funny. Like

SailingDawg
02-16-2019, 08:26 PM
There’s no excuse. As a student athlete you should know that there are basically three or four major things you have to do, class, practice, study hall and curfew. You’re a “adult”, start acting like it.

They're adults getting $100,000 in free education, among other benefits.

PGHBulldogBG
02-16-2019, 08:26 PM
It makes it worse that Kermit is winning with much less talent and should be coaching here. Instead we are stuck with another recruiter.

Dawg61
02-16-2019, 08:28 PM

I'd certainly prefer Holman was in the doghouse over Nick but I do want Carter & Woodard to get more minutes so I'm taking this bad news with a grain of salt. If the saying works that way.

CadaverDawg
02-16-2019, 08:29 PM
I'd certainly prefer Holman was in the doghouse over Nick but I do want Carter & Woodard to get more minutes so I'm taking this bad news with a grain of salt. If the saying works that way.

Yeah it could show us some things. I still hope Nick is back within a few games though

msstate7
02-16-2019, 08:31 PM
Yeah it could show us some things. I still hope Nick is back within a few games though

Unless he committed a felony, I'm sure he'll be back

Ari Gold
02-16-2019, 08:33 PM

This has zero to do with Nick... you would think a program that hasn’t been dancing in over a decade that’s easily in the tounrey right now, would get a lot more backing ..
Again we have lost ONE game by more than 5 points which means we have been competitive all year..

This team is never going to get over with some fans and that’s fine .. a lot of us are just tired of hearing about it after every game ..

KOdawg1
02-16-2019, 08:35 PM

Hahaha +1

CovertDawg
02-16-2019, 08:38 PM
The most disappointing thing is that Nick plays so dang hard on the court. He seems to always be "all in" between the lines so I am naturally more sympathetic towards him than someone like Renardo Sidney. That being said, Howland must be very concerned about Nick veering off the straight and narrow path if he is doing this. After the DUI last year, by all appearances Nick has been a model teammate but rules are rules.

Cloak
Anybody know why?

He got suspended for getting the nose ring**

Dawg61
It makes it worse that Kermit is winning with much less talent and should be coaching here. Instead we are stuck with another recruiter.

Trash post

BeardoMSU
02-16-2019, 08:47 PM

No it doesn't....and Kermit can't 'cruit out of a paper bag, btw. Lets see what he does after this year. He's got a lot of experience at guard this year, so I'm not surprised they're playing well, and yes, he's got them playing hard; that's definitely to be commended, but lets slow the roll on him taking over the State, let alone gaining any ground in the conference long term.

Saltydog
02-16-2019, 08:49 PM
A loss is a loss hoss but keep counting those moral victories and see where it gets ya!

MarketingBully
02-16-2019, 08:50 PM
I’m not going to get upset about this game because we are playing hard but Nick ****ed us royally. This stretch was crucial to solidify our NCAA bid. Hopefully he’s not suspended that long. If we lost to Georgia on Wednesday that would put a huge dent in our NCAA chances.

msbulldog
02-16-2019, 08:51 PM
This has zero to do with Nick... you would think a program that hasn?t been dancing in over a decade that?s easily in the tounrey right now, would get a lot more backing ..
Again we have lost ONE game by more than 5 points which means we have been competitive all year..

This team is never going to get over with some fans and that?s fine .. a lot of us are just tired of hearing about it after every game ..

Damn truth, tell it Ari!

HoopsDawg
02-16-2019, 08:51 PM
I’m not going to get upset about this game because we are playing hard but Nick ****ed us royally. This stretch was crucial to solidify our NCAA bid. Hopefully he’s not suspended that long. If we lost to Georgia on Wednesday that would put a huge dent in our NCAA chances.

I'm guessing this was a school thing which means failed test. I wish the SEC or NCAA would stop testing for weed.

MarketingBully
02-16-2019, 08:52 PM
If he’s suspended three games we will know what it’s for but imo why not do a damn drug test in the first semester so you can get the three games out of the way in the non-conference...

MarketingBully
02-16-2019, 08:53 PM
I'm guessing this was a school thing which means failed test. I wish the SEC or NCAA would stop testing for weed.

Test in the damn first semester!!!

HoopsDawg
02-16-2019, 08:55 PM
what a series from Holman there. Terrible pass and then terrible D. Thanks Nick!

CadaverDawg
Holman is such a spark...for our opponents

tcdog70
Screw the men's team. Even if they make the dance, they're one and done.

Damn Man, why post that negative shit. It is dog fans like you that make me puke.

MarketingBully
02-16-2019, 08:56 PM
what a series from Holman there. Terrible pass and then terrible D. Thanks Nick!

Yeah, we have to play Holman 20+ now and that means any of these games are in play as long as Nick is suspended.

tcdog70
02-16-2019, 08:56 PM

A stupid post, but your norm.

Homedawg
02-16-2019, 08:57 PM
Moultrie Knee Im guessing

And he made the trip to ark? That doesn't make sense.

HoopsDawg
02-16-2019, 08:57 PM
such a bad shot from Tyson. move the ball!!!!

Cooterpoot
02-16-2019, 08:58 PM
I’m glad to see the discipline. Hasn’t been enough of it.

HoopsDawg
02-16-2019, 08:59 PM
And he made the trip to ark? That doesn't make sense.

he's on the bench so it must not be too bad.

MarketingBully
02-16-2019, 08:59 PM
Q called timeout the ref looked at him and called tie up.

MarketingBully
02-16-2019, 09:00 PM
And on that possession Arkansas got a 3. Why are refs so dumb?

MarketingBully
02-16-2019, 09:01 PM
I think the only qualification for being a hoops ref is having the IQ of a gnat or your IQ is so low that you make Forrest Gump look like a genius.

HoopsDawg
02-16-2019, 09:01 PM
I think the only qualification for being a hoops ref is having the IQ of a gnat or your IQ is so low that you make Forrest Gump look like a genius.

it's like being a tenured professor. Once you get in, you are hard to fire.

Dawg61
02-16-2019, 09:02 PM
Holman has a basketball I.Q. of pineapple

HoopsDawg
02-16-2019, 09:03 PM
nm

Dawg61
02-16-2019, 09:04 PM
Woodard is very impressive for a freshman

HoopsDawg
02-16-2019, 09:06 PM
Lamar playing like a spaz.

MarketingBully
02-16-2019, 09:07 PM
Howland holding those timeouts until the Hogs really get a run toghether I guess.

MarketingBully
02-16-2019, 09:08 PM
Woodard and Perry are gold at the 3 and 4 spots.

Ari Gold
02-16-2019, 11:00 PM
Howland holding those timeouts until the Hogs really get a run toghether I guess.

A+ to CBH on all phases of this game

MarketingBully
02-16-2019, 11:02 PM
A+ to CBH on all phases of this game

Howland did about as excellent a job you can do in the second half on timeout placement. That post was from the first half.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-16-2019, 11:08 PM
Last time our baseball team went to Fayetteville Mangum got suspended.

Ari Gold
02-16-2019, 11:10 PM
A loss is a loss hoss but keep counting those moral victories and see where it gets ya!

A loss isnt just a loss hoss. Shows how little you know about hoops.

Saltydog
02-16-2019, 11:16 PM
Ny

I seen it dawg
02-16-2019, 11:17 PM
We suck. Oh wait we won....

somebodyshotmypaw
02-16-2019, 11:24 PM

Word is that he attacked Jussie Smollett, poured bleach on him, and hung a rope around his neck. So he's suspended for a few games.

BhamDawg205
02-16-2019, 11:35 PM
Word is that he attacked Jussie Smollett, poured bleach on him, and hung a rope around his neck. So he's suspended for a few games.

Dumbass post ��

Dawg61
02-17-2019, 01:35 AM
Dumbass post ��

Being a dumbass is popular right now

mstatefan91
02-17-2019, 02:00 AM
Ok, so you?re referring to net right genius! Moral victories are for losers!

NET does matter in today's game and to pretend it doesn't is silly. On top of that, we won by 10 tonight, on the road.. guess that doesn't matter?

Some of you act like the basketball team should never lose.. Here's a hint: Basketball is hard and the SEC is a really strong conference right now..

TALL DAWG
02-17-2019, 02:29 PM

I am 1 of those....read more...post less guys...but here is info on Nicks deal:
I spoke with a friend who is associated w/athletics at MSU. Said what he heard Nick did was non-criminal and he would be surprised if he is not back on court in a game or 2. Time will tell. College students do silly things at times. We have all been there.

Ari Gold
02-17-2019, 02:55 PM
I spoke with a friend who is associated w/athletics at MSU. Said what he heard Nick did was non-criminal and he would be surprised if he is not back on court in a game or 2. Time will tell. College students do silly things at times. We have all been there.

Thanks for the info...
and yes If it was really bad he wouldn’t have made the trip and if it happened on the trip and was bad his ass would have been sent home.
It’s just selfish on Nicks part whatever it is he did. We need his ass on the court not in street clothes

DawgRockur
02-17-2019, 02:57 PM

Spill the beans

drummerdawg
02-17-2019, 03:12 PM
Rumor on Facebook going around saying academic fraud. No idea if true or not.

msstate7
02-17-2019, 03:12 PM

That wouldn't be good

I seen it dawg
02-17-2019, 03:21 PM

Should be a post more guy. Thanks for info.

Quaoarsking
02-17-2019, 03:27 PM

I don't think we would have had him on the bench if that were true. That's a career ender (see Fred Brown).

RougeDawg
02-17-2019, 03:48 PM

Listen to this guy and it?s not just NW. this was what my post last night was about

Quaoarsking
02-17-2019, 03:54 PM
Listen to this guy and it?s not just NW. this was what my post last night was about

Well if that's true we've seen him for the last time in the maroon and white. The fact that he's still practicing and traveling suggests otherwise.

yjnkdawg
02-17-2019, 04:37 PM

That FB rumor doesn't make any sense. If that were the case, I think he would be disassociated from the team, and the university altogether. Suspending indefinitely is not always the end of the world for a player. He is suspended until the athletic department, and/or coach determines when he can be eligible, or not to play in games. If it was academic fraud, then he would not have been on the bench conversing with our other players, nor would he still be practicing with the team.

Ari Gold
02-17-2019, 05:03 PM
I will say this if someone is throwing out academic stuff they better be 100% correct about that .. if you aren’t don’t be starting that shit.. Period

Liverpooldawg
02-17-2019, 06:25 PM

If this isn't true both of you need to be gone. Red dog indeed.

basedog
02-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Well academics not I was told. It will be handled in house.

msbulldog
02-17-2019, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the info...
and yes If it was really bad he wouldn?t have made the trip and if it happened on the trip and was bad his ass would have been sent home.
It?s just selfish on Nicks part whatever it is he did. We need his ass on the court not in street clothes

True that Ari, but we, at least the fans found out some valuable things about our players specifically Tyson and Woodard.

msbulldog
02-17-2019, 06:42 PM
I will say this if someone is throwing out academic stuff they better be 100% correct about that .. if you aren’t don’t be starting that shit.. Period

BIG OLE 'AMEN'!!!!!!!

TALL DAWG
02-17-2019, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the info...
and yes If it was really bad he wouldn?t have made the trip and if it happened on the trip and was bad his ass would have been sent home.
It?s just selfish on Nicks part whatever it is he did. We need his ass on the court not in street clothes

Ari, your comment here was Gold..!

MarketingBully
02-18-2019, 12:11 AM

That’s bullshit.

MarketingBully
02-18-2019, 12:11 AM
Hearing academic fraud as well, spilling into football team too. Disgruntled tutor and hearing also a professor, crying to anyone and everyone. Not good......not good at all.

Complete bullshit.

MarketingBully
02-18-2019, 12:14 AM
Guys you realize if it’s Academic Fraud and true the players would be expelled from school. I have serious doubts about disgruntled morons and taking them serious. I doubt Nick’s suspension has to do with that.

MarketingBully
02-18-2019, 12:18 AM
If this isn't true both of you need to be gone. Red dog indeed.

I agree Liverpool. If nothing comes from this, Rougedog should be gone. I’m sick of this shit.

MarketingBully
02-18-2019, 12:37 AM

Well considering Elitedawgs posters are the only ones running with this rumor and you don’t see it anywhere on other sites, you have to wonder where their loyalties lie. Disgruntled morons making accusations are hardly evidence of anything imo and I doubt Nick’s suspension has to do with that.

Todd4State
02-18-2019, 01:13 AM
Guys you realize if it’s Academic Fraud and true the players would be expelled from school. I have serious doubts about disgruntled morons and taking them serious. I doubt Nick’s suspension has to do with that.

See Reggie Todd as exhibit A.

MarketingBully
02-18-2019, 01:48 AM
See Reggie Todd as exhibit A.

Nick had already been disciplined once for a violation of team rules. I’m thinking it’s either missing class or weed. If it’s three games, it’s probably weed.

I seen it dawg
02-18-2019, 10:21 AM
Or he had a curfew issue and it's a problem for him.

Scared_Hitless
02-18-2019, 10:25 AM
He traveled with the team makes it seem obvious it happened on the trip. So probably curfew and he already had a few strikes or weed. Seems to be most likely items. If it was academic fraud that is not coming out on a Saturday and he damn sure isn't traveling. So stop spreading that BS.

mstatefan91
02-18-2019, 10:44 AM
He traveled with the team makes it seem obvious it happened on the trip. So probably curfew and he already had a few strikes or weed. Seems to be most likely items. If it was academic fraud that is not coming out on a Saturday and he damn sure isn't traveling. So stop spreading that BS.

That would be a Rouge issue.. most people don't think it's academic..

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-18-2019, 02:44 PM

Didn't a couple baseball players get into trouble on a trip to Fayetteville a few years back. Wth is going on in Fayetteville?

shannondawg
02-18-2019, 02:57 PM
Whatever it is, WWDD?

(What would Duke do?)

Madisonmd
02-18-2019, 05:13 PM
Whatever it is, WWDD?

(What would Duke do?)

Academic issue , outside basketball program control probably

msbulldog
02-18-2019, 05:50 PM
Academic issue , outside basketball program control probably

C'mon Doc, assuming from MD, your too smart for that, if it was a cheating issue he would not have been sitting on our bench. He did something dumb and for Howland to sit him sends a message to the team to stick to business.

Madisonmd
02-18-2019, 09:16 PM
C'mon Doc, assuming from MD, your too smart for that, if it was a cheating issue he would not have been sitting on our bench. He did something dumb and for Howland to sit him sends a message to the team to stick to business.

Sadly, I wish you were right! This could end badly

Todd4State
02-18-2019, 09:21 PM
Didn't a couple baseball players get into trouble on a trip to Fayetteville a few years back. Wth is going on in Fayetteville?

Yeah- Ryan Cyr and Jake Mangum.

HoopsDawg
02-18-2019, 09:26 PM

No, doesn't look good at all.

MarketingBully
02-18-2019, 10:26 PM

Let’s just keep that speculation going....

MarketingBully
02-18-2019, 10:35 PM

And so glad you guys know more then the MSU investigators themselves. Where accusations are now the only evidence you look at and people are guilty until proven innocent...

confucius say
02-18-2019, 10:37 PM

For whom?

Steakonastick
02-18-2019, 10:47 PM
It’s a MSU issue not basketball.

msstate7
02-18-2019, 10:52 PM

What sports?

Steakonastick
02-18-2019, 10:56 PM
I’m hearing basketball and football possibly.

confucius say
02-18-2019, 11:09 PM
What kind of "issue?"

MarketingBully
02-18-2019, 11:09 PM
What sports?

This is the dumb shit Rouge was talking about. It’s the tutor who is throwing out accusations. MSU is doing its Investigation and we will see from there. To say anything definitive at this point is total bullshit. This is the USA and imo people are innocent until proven guilty.

MarketingBully
02-18-2019, 11:14 PM
I’m hearing basketball and football possibly.

If it were basketball wouldn’t more then Nick had been disciplined?

MarketingBully
02-19-2019, 04:10 AM

In the press release it said violation of team rules. If it were an MSU issue wouldn’t they have stated it differently?

Liverpooldawg
02-19-2019, 09:07 AM
Again, if this stuff y'all are spouting turns out not to be true then the lot of you need to be banned.

msstate7
02-19-2019, 09:14 AM
Again, if this stuff y'all are spouting turns out not to be true then the lot of you need to be banned.

I seriously doubt it isn't true. Madison and steak know their crap

shannondawg
02-19-2019, 10:07 AM
I always believed that most of the leaks coming out of the AD's office were by the students that worked part time there. But it seems Cohen recognizes that and is really keeping it under his hat.

Although I'm curious as all get out, I'm glad its not coming out until the final decision has been made as to the outcome. Needless to say I hope its favorable to Nick and the basketball team.

MarketingBully
02-19-2019, 10:38 AM
I always believed that most of the leaks coming out of the AD's office were by the students that worked part time there. But it seems Cohen recognizes that and is really keeping it under his hat.

Although I'm curious as all get out, I'm glad its not coming out until the final decision has been made as to the outcome. Needless to say I hope its favorable to Nick and the basketball team.

I think speculating on what it is before a decision is made internally is risky and dumb but quite honestly this is the only message board who has articulated the accusations so vividly. I’m not sure that is something to be proud of quite honestly especially when any type of investigation hasn’t been completed yet.

MarketingBully
02-19-2019, 10:41 AM
I seriously doubt it isn't true. Madison and steak know their crap

It’s not that they don’t know their stuff. It’s the fact that the internal investigation from what I can tell has not been completed. Saying it includes this or that at this point is pure speculation.

yjnkdawg
02-19-2019, 10:50 AM
I think speculating on what it is before a decision is made internally is risky and dumb but quite honestly this is the only message board who has articulated the accusations so vividly. I?m not sure that is something to be proud of quite honestly especially when any type of investigation hasn?t been completed yet.

No, it isn't. Some of the posters on this board apparently want to be the first to report rumors or whatever, no matter whether it can be detrimental to our athletic programs. Some things should just remain quiet on social media, and message boards. Another thing there are some who view this board (not those who post) who would like nothing better than any rumors that are negative to MSU to be true.

Liverpooldawg
02-19-2019, 11:13 AM
I think speculating on what it is before a decision is made internally is risky and dumb but quite honestly this is the only message board who has articulated the accusations so vividly. I’m not sure that is something to be proud of quite honestly especially when any type of investigation hasn’t been completed yet.

Exactly. It's just stupid for many,many reasons speculating and repeating rumors when the rumors themselves, even if they prove to be untrue, can be quite damaging.

Liverpooldawg
02-19-2019, 11:14 AM
No, it isn't. Some of the posters on this board apparently want to be the first to report rumors or whatever, no matter whether it can be detrimental to our athletic programs. Some things should just remain quiet on social media, and message boards. Another thing there are some who view this board (not those who post) who would like nothing better than any rumors that are negative to MSU to be true.

Yep, and I'm not sure about all who post either.

MCsMGs
02-19-2019, 02:12 PM
I would think that someone who was close enough to MSU to be "in the know" would have enough sense or care enough about MSU to not divulge anything until the appropriate time.

Scared_Hitless
02-19-2019, 02:42 PM
I would think that someone who was close enough to MSU to be "in the know" would have enough sense or care enough about MSU to not divulge anything until the appropriate time.

Exactly people are more concerned with the E-Rep than the health and State of MSU. Basically doing us ZERO favors and making our players look bad without concrete proof.

State82
02-19-2019, 07:06 PM

I'm going to second this.

Political Hack
02-19-2019, 07:13 PM

This is what killed us with Cann imo. If people would've kept quiet it would've possibly been squashed, but it was everywhere immediately. Some people thought I broke it when I posted that bad news was coming, but it was traveling by word of mouth already and making the rounds. There was no stopping it at that point.

I hope this is different, but given our fear of bad PR I question whether we have the guts to put the best interest of a student-athlete above our fear of bad PR.

biggun
02-19-2019, 08:16 PM

The team traveled to Arkansas on Friday afternoon and the suspension was announced an hour and a half before tip so that is why he was still on the bench

Quaoarsking
02-19-2019, 08:22 PM
The team traveled to Arkansas on Friday afternoon and the suspension was announced an hour and a half before tip so that is why he was still on the bench

Doesn't matter. If he's about to be expelled, he would have stayed in the locker room or hotel. Therefore, it's highly likely that the "academic fraud" rumor is baseless.

BB30
02-19-2019, 08:31 PM
This is what killed us with Cann imo. If people would've kept quiet it would've possibly been squashed, but it was everywhere immediately. Some people thought I broke it when I posted that bad news was coming, but it was traveling by word of mouth already and making the rounds. There was no stopping it at that point.

I hope this is different, but given our fear of bad PR I question whether we have the guts to put the best interest of a student-athlete above our fear of bad PR.

Man there was no way that with can wouldn?t have gotten out simply because the players were fed up with his fake bs. Two completely different situations. I personally think Nick will be fine and play again this season and as stated by others if that ends up being the case those that pushed the academic issues need to be reprimanded in some way.

People on here and other message boards should be deterred from spouting out the first rumor they here just so they can say they were first. Internet ego still blows my mind.

HoopsDawg
02-19-2019, 08:33 PM
It's not a secret that Nick is suspended. And it's not a secret that it's serious.

MarketingBully
02-19-2019, 11:35 PM
Doesn't matter. If he's about to be expelled, he would have stayed in the locker room or hotel. Therefore, it's highly likely that the "academic fraud" rumor is baseless.

Who knows at this point. We’ve handled it very meh imo. Obviously, we have some people within the admin that like to start baseless rumors. You have to know some of our 247 folks and people like Hadad and Coleman have heard these same things but have decided to be quiet on the issue so imo I don’t think it’s as bad as some think. If there was validity to these very end of the world rumors they would have prepared their readers for that. Personally, I think it will be a few games but not end of season and certainly not career ending. I go back to how the press release was written which was a violation of team rules. When Lamar was suspended for 3 games last year they handled it the same way, indefinite suspension. We will see but I think it’s not as bad as the sky is falling folks are letting on. Remember, the admin leakers had us getting Schlossnagle and you see how that went.