PDA

View Full Version : Pitbull think's he is a recruiting expert thread**

Pit Bull
02-15-2019, 12:04 AM
Recent commits are a bit underwhelming.....unless you plan on competing in CUSA or the AAC.

KOdawg1
02-15-2019, 12:18 AM
Recent commits are a bit underwhelming.....unless you plan on competing in CUSA or the AAC.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Commercecomet24
02-15-2019, 12:46 AM
You don't know what you're talking about.

+1.

Pit Bull
02-15-2019, 03:24 AM
Three latest commits for 2020....IMO, we need to raise our sights a little higher. Hope these fellows can go up against the BAMAs, LSUs, and UGAs of the world.

Alex Adams...…….offers.....LaTech, ULM, O.Miss, USM, MSU
Manny Forbes.....offers.....ULM, Samford, USA, USM, MSU
Jevon Banks...…..offers.....ULM, Louisville, MTSU, USM, MSU

sscjr1
02-15-2019, 07:14 AM
The catch-22 is if these initially lower rated kids commit and are solid, the rating services will generally keep them low. If they don?t commit and the LSUs and Bamas of the world come around, generally the ratings go up and the chances of signing them go down

msstate7
02-15-2019, 08:27 AM
Three latest commits for 2020....IMO, we need to raise our sights a little higher. Hope these fellows can go up against the BAMAs, LSUs, and UGAs of the world.

I give coaches the benefit of the doubt on early commits. If we were at the end scrambling to fill spots bc we missed, I probably wouldn't like those offer lists

msu15
02-15-2019, 08:35 AM

Wrong

Jack Lambert
02-15-2019, 08:55 AM
The catch-22 is if these initially lower rated kids commit and are solid, the rating services will generally keep them low. If they don?t commit and the LSUs and Bamas of the world come around, generally the ratings go up and the chances of signing them go down

I agree and you can always back away from the offer.

ShotgunDawg
02-15-2019, 09:13 AM

Alex Adams...??.offers.....LaTech, ULM, O.Miss, USM, MSU
Jevon Banks...?..offers.....ULM, Louisville, MTSU, USM, MSU

I've certainly had this same thought, but it's just way to early to say this.

My assumption is that the guys we are taking right now are no brainers that forwhatever reason aren't famous enough yet to collect tons of offers.

Another theory is that Joe feels like this needs to be a big class and saw what Ole Miss did last year in regards to early commits and numbers.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-15-2019, 09:37 AM

If you have a problem with any of these early commits you just can't recognize talent. Quick question have you watched any of these guys? I'm going to assume the answer is no by your statements about them. Take a few minutes to watch all 3 & then check back with me.

Scared_Hitless
02-15-2019, 09:44 AM
If you have a problem with any of these early commits you just can't recognize talent. Quick question have you watched any of these guys? I'm going to assume the answer is no by your statements about them. Take a few minutes to watch all 3 & then check back with me.

He is relying on the recruiting sites that rank kids that don't exist for his info. Offer lists this early are pointless hell Chris Jones offer sheet looked very similar till the middle of his senior season. He seemed to do okay.

Pit Bull
02-15-2019, 09:57 AM

There's nobody on this board that can recognize talent. I just hope JoMo can. There is not ONE poster here that has ANY collegiate coaching experience. If somebody says they do....they are lying. We are all just average fans with average opinions hoping for the best. I have seen one of these play...Jevon Banks. He didn't stand out to me other than having decent size. My son lives in OBranch, so I will make another trip there this fall and focus on him even more. The first time I watched him, he had not committed anywhere. Local fans told me they thought he would project to be a pretty good player before his career is over.....we will see. Until then, you and nobody else's opinion is better or worse than mine. And that is a FACT.

MetEdDawg
02-15-2019, 10:00 AM
He is relying on the recruiting sites that rank kids that don't exist for his info. Offer lists this early are pointless hell Chris Jones offer sheet looked very similar till the middle of his senior season. He seemed to do okay.

Chris Jones was told by Southern Miss he wasn't good enough for CUSA football in July going into his senior year.

It's still only February. These kids are still juniors. So you are right on. We are 10 months from early signing and almost a year from regular signing day. Lot of time between now and then. Worrying over an offer sheet this far out makes no sense.

ShotgunDawg
02-15-2019, 10:00 AM
There's nobody on this board that can recognize talent. I just hope JoMo can. There is not ONE poster here that has ANY collegiate coaching experience. If somebody says they do....they are lying. We are all just average fans with average opinions hoping for the best. I have seen one of these play...Jevon Banks. He didn't stand out to me other than having decent size. My son lives in OBranch, so I will make another trip there this fall and focus on him even more. The first time I watched him, he had not committed anywhere. Local fans told me they thought he would project to be a pretty good player before his career is over.....we will see. Until then, you and nobody else's opinion is better or worse than mine. And that is a FACT.

I really disagree with you that all opinions on here are equal. That's dumb

There are absolutely people on this board that have evaluation experience across different sports. Just because you don't know what their experience is doesn't mean that others don't or that it doesn't exist.

ZedFedder
02-15-2019, 10:01 AM
Their video looks pretty impressive. I also think it speaks volumes that OM offered Alex Adams 2 hours before he committed to us. Means they found out and wanted to keep that from happening. And it’s not like they have been hurting in WR recruiting... if they wanted him I’m pretty sure he is good.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-15-2019, 10:02 AM

So that's a no you haven't. Got it

Commercecomet24
02-15-2019, 10:23 AM

I laughed! Rep Given!

Homedawg
02-15-2019, 10:56 AM

There are absolutely people on this board that have evaluation experience across different sports. Just because you don't know what their experience is doesn't mean that others don't or that it doesn't exist.

This!!!!!!!

Lord McBuckethead
02-15-2019, 05:42 PM
I am pretty sure I can evaluate talent when I see it. May be the best at what I do. No offense to any of you guys.

BuckyIsAB****
02-15-2019, 08:13 PM
Recruiting rankings would become a lot less bitched about on here if people would go watch the kids and teams for themselves on friday nights instead of clicking to genespage then melting

msstate7
02-15-2019, 08:34 PM
I suppose we've come full circle to recruiting rankings don't matter/aren't accurate.

Ari Gold
02-15-2019, 08:44 PM

It’s probably best you just read and not post on the recruiting site. That’s a FACT..

Ifyouonlyknew
02-15-2019, 09:02 PM
I suppose we've come full circle to recruiting rankings don't matter/aren't accurate.

It's February of their Jr year.

BeardoMSU
02-15-2019, 09:09 PM

Got 'em

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f4fb064a22fdc500290ba57471ea2860/tenor.gif?itemid=4852906

msstate7
02-15-2019, 09:27 PM
It's February of their Jr year.

Right. We just seem to be inconsistent on when recruiting rankings are important and when they aren't. Griffin, selmon, and mason are rated corrected... we like having 4-stars. You can't trust the rankings on Adams and banks though.

Cowbell
02-15-2019, 09:56 PM
I am pretty sure I can evaluate talent when I see it. May be the best at what I do. No offense to any of you guys.

I see what you did there... rep given.

Cowbell
02-15-2019, 09:58 PM

Best post by you in a while - totally agree.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-15-2019, 09:59 PM
Right. We just seem to be inconsistent on when recruiting rankings are important and when they aren't. Griffin, selmon, and mason are rated corrected... we like having 4-stars. You can't trust the rankings on Adams and banks though.

It is a little different with Griffin, Selmon, & Mason those guys have been known commodities in recruiting circles for a while. Adams, Banks, & others are just coming on to the scene. Their rankings are more likely to change & move up than established guys.

msstate7
02-15-2019, 10:02 PM
It is a little different with Griffin, Selmon, & Mason those guys have been known commodities in recruiting circles for a while. Adams, Banks, & others are just coming on to the scene. Their rankings are more likely to change & move up than established guys.

Fair enough. I'll allow it and hope one of them is the next Chris Jones haha

Pit Bull
02-15-2019, 10:08 PM

Can't you 17 read boy? I said I HAVE seen Jevon Banks play. Yes, I have. You're just like AOC in the political realm. Guess Communism is a Go for you! And btw.....was not talking about your 4 star players you like to throw in to your misquote. Only talking about the recent 3. Again, you are the AOC of this board. Congrats!....in case you are confused....that's your equivalent....Alexandria Occasional-Cortex.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-15-2019, 10:16 PM
Can't you 17 read boy? I said I HAVE seen Jevon Banks play. Yes, I have. You're just like AOC in the political realm. Guess Communism is a Go for you! And btw.....was not talking about your 4 star players you like to throw in to your misquote. Only talking about the recent 3. Again, you are the AOC of this board. Congrats!....in case you are confused....that's your equivalent....Alexandria Occasional-Cortex.

^^^^A typical response from the defeated - Stingers out..

Ifyouonlyknew
02-15-2019, 10:40 PM
Nm

Tripp McNeely
02-15-2019, 11:03 PM
Boy? Suck a Dick

P’nut!!! Atta boy!!

ScoobaDawg
02-15-2019, 11:34 PM

You really need to chill and sit out this thread... you have no clue who you really are talking to and what their experience with football is. I promise and so do some others, he has more clue about sports than you ever would be able to see looking out your good eye turned around and bent over.

Your grumpy old man act is still the same.. clueless.

Now back to subject at hand..

BeardoMSU
02-16-2019, 12:04 AM

Is your brain broken?

chef dixon
02-16-2019, 12:28 AM

I've noticed some people more recently have been trying to shit on IYOK for who knows what reason. The guy just brings solid info and always in a respectful manner for years now. This post is so off the wall but not really surprising honestly.

Cooterpoot
02-16-2019, 06:37 AM
Lol, then why did we recruit him.

Because a turd is better that our current receivers. That clear it up for you? And it’s nothing to do with his talent when I say we aren’t missing out on much.

Cooterpoot
02-16-2019, 06:39 AM
Pretty much every one we have missed on is no good to cooter thus no big deal. He's told us all year that we have the worst WRs in college football, but I guess Johnson wouldn't have helped

Where did I say he wouldn?t help?

Cooterpoot
02-16-2019, 07:31 AM
Let me help out the damn fool saying our recruits aren’t impressive. Adams ran a similar time in the 100 meters as Witherspoon, who people say is a burner. Forbes is the best or second best DB in MS, we also have a commit from the other top DB. Banks is very Errol Thompson like. Some of you old 17rs need to shut the 17 up with your ignorant asses.

I seen it dawg
02-16-2019, 04:44 PM

Yeah this is minimizing some of the knowledge here. You may not know jackshit but don't lump everybody else in with you.

I seen it dawg
02-16-2019, 04:47 PM

Consider this your warning shot. Take it however you want.

juice
02-16-2019, 04:49 PM
Dude is obviously trolling.

Homedawg
02-16-2019, 04:52 PM
I give coaches the benefit of the doubt on early commits. If we were at the end scrambling to fill spots bc we missed, I probably wouldn't like those offer lists

This. I have no issue if we think they are good enough 11 months before signing day. And I like all these guys. And if we didn't offer and someone else ended w them out. I'll it dawg 61 would be all pissed anyway.

CadaverDawg
02-16-2019, 04:55 PM
I've noticed some people more recently have been trying to shit on IYOK for who knows what reason. The guy just brings solid info and always in a respectful manner for years now. This post is so off the wall but not really surprising honestly.

It's because guys like pit bull wish they could contribute what IYOK contributes to the board. I think it's a jealousy thing...weird shit. I love that we have knowledgeable in the know guys. And I hate that we have turds like pit bull that try to crap on them.

I wish IYOK didn't delete his response, because it was perfect, haha

I seen it dawg
02-16-2019, 04:56 PM
It's because guys like pit bull wish they could contribute what IYOK contributes to the board. I think it's a jealousy thing...weird shit. I love that we have knowledgeable in the know guys. And I hate that we have turds like pit bull that try to crap on them.

I wish IYOK didn't delete his response, because it was perfect, haha

Some clean up may be in order

CadaverDawg
02-16-2019, 04:58 PM
Some clean up may be in order

Yeah, I think pit bull may be a long standing intruder anyway. I may be wrong, but I've had my suspicions. May be worth putting the ED Enforcer on the case at least

BeardoMSU
02-16-2019, 05:03 PM
It's because guys like pit bull wish they could contribute what IYOK contributes to the board. I think it's a jealousy thing...weird shit.

Weird, indeed. The dumbassery is strong in him.

CadaverDawg
02-16-2019, 05:05 PM
Weird, indeed. The dumbassery is strong in him.

https://media.giphy.com/media/kHaO6UoYcoC3K/giphy.gif

I seen it dawg
02-16-2019, 05:14 PM
He gone

msbulldog
02-16-2019, 05:43 PM
He gone

Thank You.

PMDawg
02-16-2019, 05:54 PM
He gone

I was wondering why the button to give negative rep was missing...

ScoobaDawg
02-16-2019, 06:05 PM

Guess the old man knew more than LSU.. since they just offered Alex adams....

So long. Fairwell..

BeardoMSU
02-16-2019, 06:09 PM
So long. Fairwell..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEtldt-FI8Y

Commercecomet24
02-16-2019, 06:47 PM
He gone

Thank you!

Percho
02-16-2019, 07:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEtldt-FI8Y

Vera Lynn still living will be 102 March 20.

TaleofTwoDogs
02-16-2019, 08:26 PM
The true question is whether your competition (SEC schools) are looking at 2020 kids right now that have the same level of offers. If they are then the playing field is level for now, if their targets have offers from other SEC schools and elites then we have a problem. Maybe we will never be more than a developmental school but we sure can try to get to that next level.

RezDog7
02-16-2019, 11:08 PM

Adams was offered by LSU today.

Todd4State
02-17-2019, 12:32 AM
So, Pit Bull was a Rebel? I didn't see that. Definitely the biggest woe is me MSU poster on here though. I would have guessed an old Genespage refugee.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-17-2019, 12:59 AM
So, Pit Bull was a Rebel? I didn't see that. Definitely the biggest woe is me MSU poster on here though. I would have guessed an old Genespage refugee.

That's the correct answer. I believe he was Leeinator from GenesPage.

Dawg61
02-17-2019, 01:39 AM
Jezus will you losers take a day off from football recruiting already

Dawg61
02-17-2019, 01:39 AM

Pit Bull got banned nice

ScoobaDawg
02-17-2019, 10:10 AM
Jezus will you losers take a day off from football recruiting already

Speaking of trolls who have to post on everything...

Dawg61
02-17-2019, 10:55 AM
Speaking of trolls who have to post on everything...

You speaking about yourself? You've probably posted more on here in the last month than I have. You're the Queen of stirring up shit on this board.

I seen it dawg
02-17-2019, 12:43 PM
Boys shut this shit down now