PDA

View Full Version : So much we don't know about the private lives of our athletes

MaroonBelle
02-15-2019, 11:30 AM
https://pledgeit.org/johnathanabram

Had no idea Johnathan Abram and his wife had gone through this. He is raising money at the combine for an organization that is near and dear to him. Help him out if you can.

BigEasyDawg
02-15-2019, 11:35 AM
I didn't even know he was married.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-15-2019, 11:29 PM
Man, so easy to forget that everyone you see has their own set of problems that are major in their own right. I saw a 23ish year old safety who hit hard, apparently he's married, has a daughter, and had another daughter stillborn. That's quite a plateful of life. Maybe it's just me but it's easy for me to think of them as just players and students and forget they have a ton of crap behind the scenes that I probably wouldn't be able to handle. Take Holman and his terrible D, for all I know his dad got diagnosed with cancer. That'd be a very good reason to play terribly but I assume he has no excuse

BhamDawg205
02-16-2019, 01:02 AM
Happen with my son... We lost his twin and was in hospital for months. He still has health problems, but is living a productive life. Count me in.

Cooterpoot
02-16-2019, 06:59 AM
I didn't even know he was married.

Several players are married or have kids/families. McLaurin and his girlfriend just recently announced she’s having a little boy. Hope he can get drafted and find a spot in the NFL.