PDA

View Full Version : Parrish Alford on the Confederates....

Liverpooldawg
02-14-2019, 11:33 AM
and the NCAA. It hilarious.

https://www.djournal.com/sports/parrish-alford-did-ncaa-vacate-its-sense-of-discipline/article_22ad036f-48bd-5ea5-becf-46ce48c56ca6.html#utm_source=djournal.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletters%2Fheadlines-daily-journal%2F%3Fab%26-dc%3D1550152815&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headline

Commercecomet24
02-14-2019, 11:38 AM
What an idiot. The guy is delusional just like the rest of that bunch. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2019, 11:43 AM
Awwwww sooooo sad. They cheated and have to give away the wins (Dear Parish.. the NCAA doesn't forfeit games anymore no matter the penalties) but we will never forget the win and the party in the grove!!!!!

They will just have to do what they do best.. live in the past of their version of history.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2019, 11:44 AM
What a rube.

ShotgunDawg
02-14-2019, 11:48 AM
I agree with him. The rule is weak and they should've had to forfeit.

Winning with bought players should equal a forfeit

mstatefan91
02-14-2019, 11:48 AM
Don't give that garbage a click...

Liverpooldawg
02-14-2019, 11:54 AM

You agree with Parrish Alford.....that is.......interesting.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2019, 11:59 AM

Vacating is not forfeiting....

Tbonewannabe
02-14-2019, 12:03 PM

Exactly, there is almost no impact for vacating wins. I saw somewhere that UM won't return any trophies won either so it has zero impact except on stat geeks that look over record books.

BiscuitEater
02-14-2019, 12:32 PM
Toting that OM storyline!

This ain't hard. OM lied, cheated and paid players. They got caught. Should have been given death penalty.

Quit bitching!

BiscuitEater
02-14-2019, 12:36 PM

But, Bucky spent four years on the plantation and left with 12 wins .. total!

BeardoMSU
02-14-2019, 12:42 PM
But, Bucky spent four years on the plantation and left with 12 wins .. total!

Forfeiting would mean that all of those games would count as "wins" for their opponents...they don't. Not counting as a loss isn't the same.

timotheus
02-14-2019, 12:46 PM
I was surprised that this was put on the front of the sports page of the DJ.

LC Dawg
02-14-2019, 12:57 PM
I agree that vacating wins is usually worthless but in this case it has really affected the plantation. The things they held dear and did not want to lose were the two wins over Bama and the Sugar Bowl. They kept the 2015 Bama win and the Sugar Bowl (I'm not exactly sure how) and lost the 2014 Bama win. That 2014 win was huge. I'll admit that I was a little jealous when it happened. Now they are all saying that it doesn't matter, "I was there and saw it", and trying to make themselves feel better but deep down they know it matters. They know that they can't talk about back to back wins over Bama without their cheating being brought up. So, even though it's basically meaningless, I am enjoying the angst the vacated wins are causing those shitheads.

Liverpooldawg
02-14-2019, 01:12 PM
Exactly, there is almost no impact for vacating wins. I saw somewhere that UM won't return any trophies won either so it has zero impact except on stat geeks that look over record books.

One more time, my second team had to vacate a bunch. You can't talk about those games with fans of other schools anymore. They just say "didn't you have to give that one up." It really is sort of like it never happened.

Ari Gold
02-14-2019, 01:12 PM
15 level 1... and they still can’t let it go..

Commercecomet24
02-14-2019, 01:19 PM
One more time, my second team had to vacate a bunch. You can't talk about those games with fans of other schools anymore. They just say "didn't you have to give that one up." It really is sort of like it never happened.

This and to add that whole period now from 2010-present, everyone(accept unm) will discount any wins during that whole period because of the cheating. To the rest of cfb its like unm didn't win a single game or even exist during that whole period cause it's tainted.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2019, 01:31 PM

Except they did happen...one in particular, likely kept us out of the inaugural CFP.

Liverpooldawg
02-14-2019, 04:44 PM
I was surprised that this was put on the front of the sports page of the DJ.

You shouldn't be. I cancelled my subscription because of the way they reported this stuff.

Liverpooldawg
02-14-2019, 04:46 PM
Except they did happen...one in particular, likely kept us out of the inaugural CFP.

But they can't talk about them anymore. Not to anyone but themselves. My other team is USC. They actually HAD some things to talk about.

Jarius
02-14-2019, 04:56 PM

The egg bowl official record went from 64-45 to 62-45. It had an impact on the amount of wins they could claim in the series. Just didn’t effect the amount we could count in the win or loss column.

Bubb Rubb
02-14-2019, 06:19 PM
Is there a more Ole Miss name than Parrish Alford?

Goldendawg
02-14-2019, 06:43 PM
And how many did the NCAA make us forfeit during the Tyler years over clothing discounts that every MSU student got at MisKelly's, 19 including a couple of Egg Bowls? You can bet UM claims them in the overall record. Talk about wanting things both ways. Change ours to vacated!

BeardoMSU
02-14-2019, 07:34 PM

Sikes Orvis has definitely got to be up there, lol.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2019, 07:38 PM
And they just signed a walk-on QB named Kinkead Dent....seriously...sounds like a character from a Faulkner novel, probably a sleazy trial lawyer from Canton, MS.

Liverpooldawg
02-14-2019, 10:16 PM
Sikes Orvis has definitely got to be up there, lol.

Ding ding, the winner by a mile.

Todd4State
02-15-2019, 12:42 AM
So the only year they didn't have an ineligible player just so happened to also be their best year? Maybe they should stop cheating.** Not buying that by the way.

I always found it odd that Ole Miss basically glorified cheating circa 2013-2016 and now they think it's not fair that they have to pay the piper? That would be like me robbing a bank, bragging about it on Facebook and then saying it's unfair that I have to go to jail.

Todd4State
02-15-2019, 12:49 AM

You're exactly right. It may have "happened" but it has now been cheapened considerably.

Ole Miss fan in Sunday school: I remember when we beat Bama in 2014. That was awesome!

Me: You mean the time you beat them with ineligible players?

Conversation over.

Liverpooldawg
02-15-2019, 12:57 AM
You're exactly right. It may have "happened" but it has now been cheapened considerably.

Ole Miss fan in Sunday school: I remember when we beat Bama in 2014. That was awesome!

Me: You mean the time you beat them with ineligible players?

Conversation over.

Exactly. I ain't talking about a modern so what Sugar Bowl it ain't the playoffs either. I'm talking about USC and Reggie Bush. It's tainted, no matter what you sad bastards that actually care what the Confederates think believe. I know, with MUCH bigger stakes.

Todd4State
02-15-2019, 02:38 AM
Exactly. I ain't talking about a modern so what Sugar Bowl it ain't the playoffs either. I'm talking about USC and Reggie Bush. It's tainted, no matter what you sad bastards that actually care what the Confederates think believe. I know, with MUCH bigger stakes.

Hence why I don't buy that 2015 just so happened to be their only year with eligible players. It's too convenient. And still tainted since we know that Tunsil at the very least was one of the reasons why 2013 and 2014 were vacated. Even though the NCAA ruled him eligible by that point. They better hope the NCAA doesn't go back and fact check their ass. It could lead to yet another embarrassment for them if it indeed turns out that 2015 should have been vacated as well.

Bubb Rubb
02-15-2019, 08:13 AM
Hence why I don't buy that 2015 just so happened to be their only year with eligible players. It's too convenient. And still tainted since we know that Tunsil at the very least was one of the reasons why 2013 and 2014 were vacated. Even though the NCAA ruled him eligible by that point. They better hope the NCAA doesn't go back and fact check their ass. It could lead to yet another embarrassment for them if it indeed turns out that 2015 should have been vacated as well.

I was surprised by 2015 too. Yeah, Tunsil served a suspension, but there were additional things that came out about him too. If he was ineligible in 2013, he should have been eligible in 2015.

Ezsoil
02-16-2019, 12:06 AM
That picture of him looks like it cam from the sex offender website ....

OBMS
02-16-2019, 10:29 AM
I think Parrish ought to spend his time researching why Benito Jones was ineligible in 2016. I don't remember seeing that name in any of the filtered documents coming out of the investigation yet he is the ineligible player in 2016. Why?

ShotgunDawg
02-16-2019, 10:46 AM
But they can't talk about them anymore. Not to anyone but themselves. My other team is USC. They actually HAD some things to talk about.

Kinkead Dent

Todd4State
02-16-2019, 10:57 AM
I think Parrish ought to spend his time researching why Benito Jones was ineligible in 2016. I don't remember seeing that name in any of the filtered documents coming out of the investigation yet he is the ineligible player in 2016. Why?

And yet he is eligible now. Seems like more BS to me.