PDA

View Full Version : Did Ole Miss punch their ticket tonight?

CadaverDawg
02-14-2019, 12:09 AM
Obviously they still have to win the games they're supposed to, but outside of UK & UT their schedule is lite the rest of the way. That was a big win for them at AU. If AU keeps losing we may need to win at their place too.

Pit Bull
02-14-2019, 01:49 AM
We can only lose about 2 games. @UT will be one and @Auburn is likely the the other. Any more than that, and we could be sweating it out. Yeah....that was huge for Ole Miss tonight! Amazing what Davis has done there in only his first season. If he starts recruiting upper echelon SEC talent, it could spell trouble for us in the future.

MarketingBully
02-14-2019, 03:59 AM
We can only lose about 2 games. @UT will be one and @Auburn is likely the the other. Any more than that, and we could be sweating it out. Yeah....that was huge for Ole Miss tonight! Amazing what Davis has done there in only his first season. If he starts recruiting upper echelon SEC talent, it could spell trouble for us in the future.

That’s the thing. He didn’t get any assistants who can recruit. He’s done an incredible job this year but he’s not a recruiter.

timotheus
02-14-2019, 07:18 AM
He can coach post players. I think he will stay fairly competitive if he get them a legit post/rebounder type.

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2019, 08:29 AM
Davis done a great job coaching - but its not like he miraculously rebuilt a team that had zero talent and had been perpetual cellar dwellers. Kennedy built a strong base and had won 19+ in 8 straight seasons prior to last year. In 2017-18 he was a dead man walking and the team quit on him. Other than Hinson, all the key players are Kennedy's guys. It will be interesting to see how Kermit recruits - because his first 2 classes have been underwhelming.

LC Dawg
02-14-2019, 08:46 AM
We need to win at Auburn. They aren't that good but it would be a good win for us.
Also, how much longer do we have to hear what a great coach Bruce Pearl is? The only thing he has proven consistently to be good at is cheating.

shannondawg
02-14-2019, 09:04 AM
The sharks were destined to win, so many last second desperation shots going in.

confucius say
02-14-2019, 09:15 AM
We're in at 9-9

Ari Gold
02-14-2019, 09:25 AM

9-9 we are a lock
8-10 we still prob get in

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-14-2019, 09:47 AM
If he starts recruiting upper echelon SEC talent, it could spell trouble for us in the future.

Not gonna happen

msstate7
02-14-2019, 10:00 AM
9-9 we are a lock
8-10 we still prob get in

Probably. I'd rather not sweat it out though hoping a bunch of Cinderellas don't win conf tourneys. 9-9 with our remaining schedule shouldn't be a problem if we truly are a tourney team. I think we get it done... I actually think we get 10-8

Covercorner2
02-14-2019, 10:13 AM
You all forget you also have the SEC tournament to win games. I think as long as we finish at least 9-9 and win at least one game in Nashville we are in.

chef dixon
02-14-2019, 10:14 AM
Right now we do not have any terrible losses and have some solid wins. No dud losses and we are a lock

confucius say
02-14-2019, 10:52 AM
Probably. I'd rather not sweat it out though hoping a bunch of Cinderellas don't win conf tourneys. 9-9 with our remaining schedule shouldn't be a problem if we truly are a tourney team. I think we get it done... I actually think we get 10-8

Don't you go getting all positive on us

Dawg61
02-14-2019, 12:51 PM

We're probably in at 8-10 but it'll be last 4 in type territory. We have 6 top 50 BPI wins already. Teams on the bubble will have a hard time matching that.

CovertDawg
02-14-2019, 01:01 PM
Cincy, Wofford, Clemson, St.Mary's, Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, Florida are ALL top 50 in NET..... We have to be right up there with anyone when it comes to Top 50 NET wins. The non conference schedule worked out about as well as possible for us.

StarkVegasSteve
02-14-2019, 01:51 PM
Ole Miss is in without any dumb losses and we're in without any dumb losses. I think the fight for the last 2 SEC spots is going to come down to Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina, and you may could even throw Florida in that mix if they get hot down the stretch. I think the SEC ends up getting 7 in.

Pit Bull
02-14-2019, 02:56 PM
You all forget you also have the SEC tournament to win games. I think as long as we finish at least 9-9 and win at least one game in Nashville we are in.

Yes.....9-9 is my minimum hope. If that's what it is and we can only win one in Nashville, then I agree.....we're in. And we can thank our much stronger OOC schedule this year. I'm glad we wised up and played more heavyweights. Losing to top 25 teams closely is much better than beating #120 ranked teams by 30 pts.