PDA

View Full Version : Question for you closet Bear fans...

Coach 57
10-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Okay before I get to the question let me recap what I have been saying. I told you people they would have a decent chance to beat LSU because right now they are built on defense to stop a pocket passing QB. not only that they had the game AT home. BTW, which now the Egg bowl should scare the crap out of you Tyler fans. Didn't Auburn lose to LSU? But then turn around and beat aTm? Does this mean Auburn is better than LSU just because the Bears beat LSU and couldn't beat Auburn. No, peaks & valleys and all that hoo haa. I honestly think our conference as a whole is down. Bama very well could lose the Iron bowl & the LSU game. They just don't have the defense like they have had in the past. Wait, I' m getting off topic let me get back to it. The bears have ALWAYS play LSU well as far as I can remember except that one blow out in 2011. This season is a season of peaks & valleys because I think the strong teams are now very young & anybody can beat them given the right situation & environment. But my question to you people like Cadaver, bocfarm, preachermatt. & others is this: What if Mullen DOES win the the Egg Bowl? Is it still "time to fire him & get HUD"? Conversely I will say this, if he loses that game my faith in him won't be AS strong anymore. Because guess what, we have the tools to beat them. There isn't much difference personnel wise between us & Auburn. If (Tyler fans won't like this) we play the right guy at QB.

Dawgface
10-20-2013, 07:40 AM
If there is not much difference in us and AU personal wise, WTH is wrong then? It's coaching. BTW, just because some of us can see the difference between OM and MSU, it's not because we are closet Bear fans. We can call a spade a spade. Unlike some of you homers.

BogeyGolfer
10-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Mark it down and archive it... We have a very good shot at winning the last two games of the year. Many of you need to understand college football. Everyone is overrated! It is not the pros... It's a week to week adventure but that's what makes it great.

Coach 57
10-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Mark it down and archive it... We have a very good shot at winning the last two games of the year. Many of you need to understand college football. Everyone is overrated! It is not the pros... It's a week to week adventure but that's what makes it great.

Best post from Bogey EVER. Spot on!

@ dawgface, no it doesn't make you a closet bear. It makes you an "end is nigh" type of fan. Calm down, lots of football to be played. Don't base our success on the success of another program is all I am saying.

DownwardDawg
10-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Okay before I get to the question let me recap what I have been saying. I told you people they would have a decent chance to beat LSU because right now they are built on defense to stop a pocket passing QB. not only that they had the game AT home. BTW, which now the Egg bowl should scare the crap out of you Tyler fans. Didn't Auburn lose to LSU? But then turn around and beat aTm? Does this mean Auburn is better than LSU just because the Bears beat LSU and couldn't beat Auburn. No, peaks & valleys and all that hoo haa. I honestly think our conference as a whole is down. Bama very well could lose the Iron bowl & the LSU game. They just don't have the defense like they have had in the past. Wait, I' m getting off topic let me get back to it. The bears have ALWAYS play LSU well as far as I can remember except that one blow out in 2011. This season is a season of peaks & valleys because I think the strong teams are now very young & anybody can beat them given the right situation & environment. But my question to you people like Cadaver, bocfarm, preachermatt. & others is this: What if Mullen DOES win the the Egg Bowl? Is it still "time to fire him & get HUD"? Conversely I will say this, if he loses that game my faith in him won't be AS strong anymore. Because guess what, we have the tools to beat them. There isn't much difference personnel wise between us & Auburn. If (Tyler fans won't like this) we play the right guy at QB.

You made a good post but it loses credibility by calling Hud fans closet bear fans. That's pretty ghey. Very jeanspage like. You're calling some very passionate diehard MSU fans closet bear fans. Just terrible.
The content of your post is pretty spot on though. We can even play with aTm IF we play the right QB. They'll beat us by 25 if we play the wrong QB.

Coach 57
10-20-2013, 08:59 AM
@downward, I call them "closet bear" fans because they are critical of our season based on the performance of their team. Base our success by OUR SUCCESS not their own. The biggest issue I have with our fanbase is that I wonder if we care more about them or us? Sometimes I get in hear and we revel in their failures MORE than we do our success. It has been addressed on here before and it REALLY is an issue. Therefore yes, you are a closet bear fan.

maroonmania
10-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Here is the deal with me, its really not just about last night, its the fact that OM and Freeze is showing that in little ol' Mississippi that yes you can play competitive ball in the SEC. OM played good teams off their feet last year and they are doing the same this year EVEN before the big recruiting class has even had time to grow up AND without much depth at all. They very easily could have had back to back wins against A&M AND LSU. We, on the other hand, are getting taken to the woodshed in the second half of most every game we play save the cupcakes. That is just really not acceptable in year 5 but that's where we are. I have been and am still willing to give Mullen the rest of this year and probably even next to see where things are going BUT things better start improving FAST. IF Dan doesn't work out there is little doubt in my mind at this point that Hud is our best alternative given his recruiting ties here so I do hope we don't have Dan drag this out only to show he can't get it done AFTER Hud has been picked up by some other BCS program.

Coach 57
10-20-2013, 09:31 AM
I agree with some of what you are saying. But before we get too fired up we need to let the rest of this season play out. I think we can do to aTm what Auburn did and also beat SC they are beatable but honestly so is the mighty Bama. I am telling you I will be shocked if someone from our conference wins the NC. There isn't really any good defenses. I think that Clemson, FSU, Stanford or Oregon could beat any elite team from the SEC this year. But let's get back in task, I wanted to see how long it would take Dan to play the guy @ QB who gives him the best chance to win. Stop worrying about getting Tyler great stats to make the next step. The current flux of our conference and opponents will create the greatest thing for MSU......what scripture calls a purifying fire. It will weed out the pretenders. If Dan is the coach some say he is or isn't we surely will know by the end of the season there isn't ANY doubt about that.

Maroonthirteen
10-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Here is the deal with me, its really not just about last night, its the fact that OM and Freeze is showing that in little ol' Mississippi that yes you can play competitive ball in the SEC. OM played good teams off their feet last year and they are doing the same this year EVEN before the big recruiting class has even had time to grow up AND without much depth at all. They very easily could have had back to back wins against A&M AND LSU. We, on the other hand, are getting taken to the woodshed in the second half of most every game we play save the cupcakes.

My thoughts too mania. If we were playing well, I could care less what they are doing. But we are not so...

Also if we were showing any signs that we can beat anyone other thanUK and Ark.....I would not be so concerned with them. I would buy peaks and valleys and such. But I have zero confidence we do squat vs anyone but UK and Ark. I hope I'm wrong but right now the evidence suggest a tough road ahead for us.

scottycameron
10-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Closet Bear fans don't want Hud in Starkville.

Coach 57
10-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Closet Bear fans don't want Hud in Starkville.

No you are just completely worried about what they DO & NOT do.

scottycameron
10-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Closet bear fans would like Mullen to stick around.

BulldogBear
10-20-2013, 10:20 AM

Spot on. I've believed since the beginning of the season although now I'll amend it slightly. Bama is a clear 1st in SEC even if they are not last year's Bama. No SEC school can be taken lightly but AR and KY are clear 13th and 14th. Everyone else is on an "any given Saturday plane." Before injuries I had UGA clear 2nd but now 2nd -12th is dog eat dog league. We're not so much down as we are cannibalistic. I still think if you lines us up in order of "power rankings" against any other conferences we'd have a winning record by a good margin.