PDA

View Full Version : Potential Pac Pro League - 2020

Bass Chaser
02-13-2019, 05:14 PM
Does this affect the blue bloods?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/don-yee-tom-bradys-agent-aims-to-stock-his-upstart-football-league-with-stars-too-young-for-the-nfl/

Todd4State
02-13-2019, 08:27 PM
Would be pretty bad for Alabama. They would basically turn into the football equivalent of Kentucky.

Could hurt us too honestly if we had someone that was an elite talent like a Jeffrey Simmons.

I think it also could hurt someone like Ole Miss who pays off players if there was a viable option to leave after one year and get money without having to go through the Network BS. Guys like Shea Patterson are the ones that are going to have their hand out and want to move on to the pros ASAP.

The Federalist Engineer
02-14-2019, 02:10 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/don-yee-tom-bradys-agent-aims-to-stock-his-upstart-football-league-with-stars-too-young-for-the-nfl/

Sounds like a Great victory for Free Markets and Economic Freedom over Economic Distortion and Monopsonistic Exploitation. It does hurt blue bloods more, because real students will just go to the school they love and real pro's will just start getting paid when they are legally able to work their chosen profession.

That's if the league actually takes off.

bulldawg28
02-14-2019, 07:50 AM

It doesn't effect the blue bloods at all. They would recruit differently and still get the best available whomever remains.

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
02-14-2019, 09:38 AM
I would think it means the blue bloods get 3-4 stars and the rest of us would get the 2 stars. My question is what would it do to the college game. Would probably be less exciting without all the elite play makers.

smootness
02-14-2019, 10:03 AM
This will have essentially no impact. There won't be many, if any, elite guys go play in this league instead of big-time college football.

msstate7
02-14-2019, 10:14 AM
This will have essentially no impact. There won't be many, if any, elite guys go play in this league instead of big-time college football.

If a few do though, will they have to be drafted in to the nfl? Could they perhaps sign with an nfl team of their choice after a year? If this league offers a quicker path to the nfl, it could change things. Not sure if the nfl wants to keep the 3 years removed from HS if this league hurts the league it backs (AAF) or if this league gains traction bc of getting elite players out of HS or 2nd year college stars.

Bass Chaser
02-14-2019, 10:14 AM
The more I think about it I could see it forcing the NCAA to allow players to be compensated for their name and likeness.

smootness
02-14-2019, 10:28 AM
If a few do though, will they have to be drafted in to the nfl? Could they perhaps sign with an nfl team of their choice after a year? If this league offers a quicker path to the nfl, it could change things. Not sure if the nfl wants to keep the 3 years removed from HS if this league hurts the league it backs (AAF) or if this league gains traction bc of getting elite players out of HS or 2nd year college stars.

The rule is the 3 years out of HS you state, so no, as of right now they could not enter the NFL after one year.

msstate7
02-14-2019, 10:34 AM
The rule is the 3 years out of HS you state, so no, as of right now they could not enter the NFL after one year.

How do they get to the nfl after 3 years, draft? If they're FAs, I'd go to that league after 1st year of college and sign with who I want

smootness
02-14-2019, 10:57 AM
How do they get to the nfl after 3 years, draft? If they're FAs, I'd go to that league after 1st year of college and sign with who I want

You would still go into the draft once eligible.