PDA

View Full Version : OM/LSU Comments

MainEventDawg
10-20-2013, 02:42 AM
I've been a long time reader, but tonight I decided it was a good time to post. I attended the Bears/Tigers game in Oxford tonight. And I felt the need to share a few things with the best damn MSU board on the 'Net.

One of my good friends (undelusional BearShark fan) got several free tickets and invited me and the ole lady to the game. So hell why not?

1. Holy shit the parking sucks over there. We parked on the side of Old Taylor and had to walk a mile or two to get the stadium. Getting into the stadium was just as bad. It was a massive amount of people and took forever. DWS is MUCH easier to get into.

2. We have a WAY better pre-game/in-game atmosphere than they do. Especially in terms of crowd volume. Whether it was the pre-game videos, or the player introductions, or the "Are You Ready" intro with Charlie from "It's Sunny In Philadelphia", we are louder and more into the things we are being presented on the big screen. They only cheered a few players, and even those cheers weren't very loud. My OM friend was even unimpressed at the lack of enthusiasm. A lot of people bitch about our music and video selection, but it's really not that bad. With that said.....

3. I didn't notice any silly commercials until the 3rd quarter. They showed a pizza thing that was the equivalent to bulldog hiding the cowbell guessing game. I didn't see any stupid ass Mercedes Benzzzzzz commercials or anything else that would ruin the atmosphere like we do.

4. There were a TON of Corndogs in attendance. It seemed like the entire bleacher end zone was full of LSU fans and they were loud. For those of you that attended the LSU game at DWS, they seemed twice as loud.

5. The Bears really are lucky as shit. They had several defense starters out and STILL managed to put the heat on Mett with no problem. Hell they started Derrick Jones (true Freshman from Eupora, which is a 2A) at corner and he contained the WRs without giving up any big plays. Also, they threw a TD pass to Nick Parker from South Panola who had ultimately done JACK SHIT for the Black Bears up until tonight.

6. I don't know how good of a coach Bucky actually is, but that SOB gets it done. He finds a way to compete against top notch squads. He makes sure to take advantage of any mismatches that he may have. Hell he doesn't have a single RB that ways over a buck seventy but still manages to run the ball. It's frustrating.

I'm certainly not all about comparing ourselves to OM. But dammit, if we were to compare, it would be ****ing pitiful on our part. Freeze is out coaching Mullen. Hurts to admit it......but they have the momentum at this point. If Mullen can't coach his way into a bowl game this year (which isn't asking much), it might be time for us to move on. I want some excitement. I want to beat a ranked team that we aren't supposed to ****in beat......

Hope I made sense with my post considering it's 2 in the morning and I just got home from "the party of the South".

Maroonthirteen
10-20-2013, 09:23 AM
I thought their atmosphere for theEgg Bowl last year was very good. From the band to the use of the video board. The secret to parking there is to park north of campus by the middle school and take the bus to the stadium. You can get out much easier using the roads north of town.

You can not help but compare their football to ours. They are in the same situation and have similar resources. With that in mind, they beat a team that dirt rolled us. Plus they have two road wins and we have zero impressive wins.

The fact of the matter is, Buckey Bakker has more talent to work with than Mullen. They were not totally void of talent when Nutt left Also they have out recruited us since. I pray for a NCAA investigation.

Anyway, We will be at least 7 point underdogs going into the game. Mullen will have to coach his ass off.

Relf2.0
10-20-2013, 09:54 AM
pump the breaks it's a bit skewed because we played down to Bowling Green and barely beat them now were on bye and they do good. we will be favored on thanks giving night. make no mistake about it

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Anyway, We will be at least 7 point underdogs going into the game. Mullen will have to coach his ass off.[/QUOTE]

Yea you lost complete credibility when you said this. Puts you in the sky is falling group that thinks everything is much worse than it really is.

MainEventDawg
10-20-2013, 10:50 AM
They didn't just do "good". They knocked off a Top 10 team and did it in front of a bunch of 5 star recruits. They showed said recruits that they can beat a top SEC team, while we can only muster 3 quarters until the wheels fall off. Perception is reality.

But I'm definitely not in the Doom and Gloom crowd. The sky isn't falling. We still have a good team and can win some games. But Dan is gonna feel some heat if we don't close this season out strong. It's time to earn that big paycheck.

bully99
10-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Also, the last two week's they've had millions of eyes on their game and campus. Both games were close and the lsu game they were up against a bunch of blowouts. Can't buy that publicity.