PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Peters question regarding next season:

Jacksondevildog
02-13-2019, 12:11 PM
I know the general consensus is that Peters will test the NBA Draft waters and not return to MSU next year. I also understand that he's not projected on any of the draft mock boards as of the latest refresh late last week. If he gets hot and we make an NCAA run with his hot hand, I could see his stock going up, but is this guy going to not come back next season and just go play overseas? I understand there are good financial incentives to playing in Istanbul or wherever, but he's nowhere close to an NBA guard. He shows flashes at times.

HancockCountyDog
02-13-2019, 12:15 PM
I know the general consensus is that Peters will test the NBA Draft waters and not return to MSU next year. I also understand that he's not projected on any of the draft mock boards as of the latest refresh late last week. If he gets hot and we make an NCAA run with his hot hand, I could see his stock going up, but is this guy going to not come back next season and just go play overseas? I understand there are good financial incentives to playing in Istanbul or wherever, but he's nowhere close to an NBA guard. He shows flashes at times.

I had this debate with someone on here last year, he is not an NBA player.

He may make a team overseas, but he can only guard one position, not a great shooter, and is loose with the ball.

Selfishly I hope he comes back, he is a solid college player.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-13-2019, 12:17 PM
Odds are still in favor of him leaving but it's nowhere near as done deal as it was earlier in the season.

RougeDawg
02-13-2019, 12:18 PM
He does not have the nba game at this point. He is too sloppy with the ball to only shoot average. If he was a lights out shooter a nba team may overlook the WTF passes and sloppy play. Hopefully someone gets in his ear and he works on this during the off season. If he works and comes back to have a great senior campaign, some team may take a chance.

msstate7
02-13-2019, 12:29 PM
Odds are still in favor of him leaving but it's nowhere near as done deal as it was earlier in the season.

If he leaves, nick to pg or one of the signees? Nick doesn't seem to have near the dribbling ability that peters has. Commits are listed as CG and SG, so unsure

MetEdDawg
02-13-2019, 12:34 PM
The problem with Peters is that we can win games without him scoring, and as a team, we typically play better when he distributes rather than scores. That's not how PG's are in the NBA.

He's not a consistent finisher at the rim, he's a terrible FT shooter, and he takes entirely too many bad shots. He also makes too many ill advised passes. He almost killed Woodard last night on that throw off the fast break.

He's got a good 3 point shot, but he doesn't take a lot of good 3's. He's super quick and can beat folks off the dribble as good as anyone in the league. Great handles. But he's too loose too often and he doesn't work the ball around as much as he should.

But I don't think Howland's offense is going to improve his game honestly.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-13-2019, 01:07 PM
If he leaves, nick to pg or one of the signees? Nick doesn't seem to have near the dribbling ability that peters has. Commits are listed as CG and SG, so unsure

It would be Nick's show & he's done a much better job running the team when Lamar goes out.

Dawg2003
02-13-2019, 01:41 PM
I don't think he's going to get any better in college. He's pretty much peaked. Maybe someone else can do something with him, but Howland has done what he's going to be able to do. If he can make money, he might as well go next year to Romania or wherever. You can always get a college degree. You can't always make money playing basketball. What if he got hurt next year?