PDA

View Full Version : BBCOR Bats this year? What our most of guys swinging this year?

TStationDawg
02-13-2019, 11:46 AM
You HS and Travel Ball guys- what's the new hot model?

Dallas_Dawg
02-13-2019, 12:29 PM
Adidas***

Commercecomet24
02-13-2019, 12:34 PM
My kids been using the Rawlings Velo's since he was in 8th grade, he even uses the wood velos during summer travel season. He loves the velos. The Rawlings Quattro are extremely hot bats and the ball jumps off them. The Easton Project 3 is getting some good press this year and the Marucci BBCOR bats are always a good one.

Duckdog
02-13-2019, 12:46 PM
Marucci are always good. My boy likes wood bats

Political Hack
02-13-2019, 12:59 PM
My kids been using the Rawlings Velo's since he was in 8th grade, he even uses the wood velos during summer travel season. He loves the velos. The Rawlings Quattro are extremely hot bats and the ball jumps off them. The Easton Project 3 is getting some good press this year and the Marucci BBCOR bats are always a good one.

Velo dents a lot in the younger models, around -10. But with BBCOR it's not an issue. The new Slugger has some pop. Think it's the 919. Red white and blue one.

TNDawg35
02-13-2019, 01:04 PM
Marucci are always good. My boy likes wood bats

Isn’t that who LSU went to this yr? Supposedly, if that’s the right company, the owner and creater either went to LSU or played there.

Coursesuper
02-13-2019, 01:06 PM
The Louisville Sluggers have real pop. The Marruci Cat 8 isn’t far behind.

Commercecomet24
02-13-2019, 01:06 PM
Velo dents a lot in the younger models, around -10. But with BBCOR it's not an issue. The new Slugger has some pop. Think it's the 919. Red white and blue one.

It's really odd with the Rawlings bats. The BBCOR and wood Rawlings are great but the younger bats are not good at all. My youngest son always used Combats and Eastons until he got to BBCOR level.

BrunswickDawg
02-13-2019, 01:13 PM
I miss the days when everyone knew the best bat was the Easton Black Magic.

Commercecomet24
02-13-2019, 01:16 PM

Same here! Rep Given!

AFDawg
02-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Nimbus 2000 or Cleansweep Seven are the way to go.

TStationDawg
02-13-2019, 04:09 PM
The Louisville Sluggers have real pop. The Marruci Cat 8 isn’t far behind.

yeah- hearing good things about the Cat 8

ShotgunDawg
02-13-2019, 04:11 PM
For kids that can really hit, the bat doesn't much matter.

HoopsDawg
02-13-2019, 06:13 PM

The Cat 8 sounds incredible in the cage, but I heard the Demarini Zen has higher exit velo. I'm speaking 13U and younger.

preachermatt83
02-13-2019, 06:16 PM

Easton C-Core was hottest bat ever made. Black magic was a close second with the black TPX and green Easton tying for third.

parabrave
02-13-2019, 07:17 PM

Yep/

RocketDawg
02-13-2019, 07:54 PM

Or even farther back, when the best and only bat was the Louiville Slugger ash. There was another brand but I can't even remember what it was.

As an aside, if you're ever in Louisville, go take the factory tour. Making the wood bats is quite interesting; don't know if they include aluminum and composite bats now or not.

Political Hack
02-13-2019, 10:39 PM
It's really odd with the Rawlings bats. The BBCOR and wood Rawlings are great but the younger bats are not good at all. My youngest son always used Combats and Eastons until he got to BBCOR level.

My kid went through 4 Rawlings -10's one spring. It was brutal. They still had a lot of pop though so we kept using them. If you get them from just bats, they're easy to trade in under warranty. Just takes a while to get a new bat back.

Coursesuper
02-14-2019, 08:42 AM

The kids really like it, they say the Louisville Slugger has a little more pop but my kid and several others are choosing the Cat 8. They say it’s a little easier to handle.

TStationDawg
02-14-2019, 12:32 PM

Yes it does. Not all BBCOR bats are equal and you know it. Or we would still be swinging adidas. I wished all kids swing wooden bats. I’m not saying a bat can make an average hitter a monster. But it’s been proven that certain Bbcor bats perform better than others on exit velo, sweet spot size, etc. I just prefer to not spend $300 on a bat that’s proven to be a dud.

ShotgunDawg
02-14-2019, 12:38 PM
Yes it does. Not all BBCOR bats are equal and you know it. Or we would still be swinging adidas. I wished all kids swing wooden bats. I’m not saying a bat can make an average hitter a monster. But it’s been proven that certain Bbcor bats perform better than others on exit velo, sweet spot size, etc. I just prefer to not spend $300 on a bat that’s proven to be a dud.

I mean you're right, but if your kid could really hit, it wouldn't matter

Coursesuper
02-14-2019, 12:59 PM

You?re missing the point here, there is quite a bit of variation in the BBCOR bats. If you have to drop 300 why not ask. To your point no, a bat will not make a kid a .400 hitter but if a kid is comfortable with the bat in his hands for whatever reason that little bit of confidence can go a long way.

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2019, 01:34 PM
You?re missing the point here, there is quite a bit of variation in the BBCOR bats. If you have to drop 300 why not ask. To your point no, a bat will not make a kid a .400 hitter but if a kid is comfortable with the bat in his hands for whatever reason that little bit of confidence can go a long way.

To add to your point - A bat doesn't improve a hitters ability to make contact, improve his pitch selection, or improve mechanics. But, a bat can make a big difference on small things. A bat can be the difference in a ball having enough zip to get past an infielder on a close play, be the difference in warning track power or getting it over the fence, or a hit to the outfield having enough on it to make a gap instead of being cut off. Over the course of a season, that could be the difference in being a .270 hitter and a .350 hitter. We saw it at MSU when we were saddled with those horrible, dead Adidas bats.

Saltydog
02-14-2019, 01:48 PM
NT

TStationDawg
02-14-2019, 02:40 PM

My kid can hit. If he couldn't hit, it wouldn't matter what he used. HE could use a black magic and would still suck. What's your point? I watched an entire 2014 team State struggle with POS adidas bats so my point stands. Not all bbcor are equal or durable.

Randolph Dupree
02-14-2019, 03:01 PM
Back on topic....my kid swings a Warstic Gunner. I didn't know much about them when I bought it but the reviews were good and it didn't cost an arm and a leg so I figured what the hell, and took a chance. So far it has held up fine and seems to have some pop. My son is very pleased with it. Also, FWIW the founder is a former MSU baseball player.

KentuckyDawg13
02-14-2019, 03:10 PM
DSB and Demarini are popular with the kids now.

fevans
02-14-2019, 04:18 PM
2019 Rawlings Quatro Pro should be arriving on my front porch sometime today. My son hit with it and several other bats (Cat8 included) in the cage using a Blast sensor and he had the highest bat speed with that bat. It seemed to be the best of the bunch and has great pop. We also got a 2 piece 2018 Mizuno Covert hybrid bat for the winter season. It is pretty good, but a little heavier than the Quatro. It has almost zero sting on mishits like no other bat he's ever used and he's always used 2 piece bats.

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2019, 05:33 PM
Back on topic....my kid swings a Warstic Gunner. I didn't know much about them when I bought it but the reviews were good and it didn't cost an arm and a leg so I figured what the hell, and took a chance. So far it has held up fine and seems to have some pop. My son is very pleased with it. Also, FWIW the founder is a former MSU baseball player.
Warstic has great marketing too. Of course, with Jack White as an investor, you are guaranteed to have good music in your ads.

Political Hack
02-14-2019, 05:34 PM
Yes it does. Not all BBCOR bats are equal and you know it. Or we would still be swinging adidas. I wished all kids swing wooden bats. I?m not saying a bat can make an average hitter a monster. But it?s been proven that certain Bbcor bats perform better than others on exit velo, sweet spot size, etc. I just prefer to not spend $300 on a bat that?s proven to be a dud.

That's why some get outlawed after distribution. Dirty south a Demarini end up on banned list regularly. It's because they've got kore pop. Also, the "USA" stamped bats are essentially wooden. The "USSSA 1.15" stamped bats are much, much hotter.

lefty96
02-15-2019, 09:38 AM

I don't think that's quite right. Warstic is Jack White and Ian Kinsler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Kinsler

BrunswickDawg
02-15-2019, 09:52 AM
I don't think that's quite right. Warstic is Jack White and Ian Kinsler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Kinsler

Yes, it is. Ben Jenkins founded it. White and Kinsler invested and are now co-owners with Jenkins.

https://throughthefencebaseball.com/of-bats-and-men-from-louisville-sluggers-to-warstic-bats

Randolph Dupree
02-15-2019, 10:00 AM
Yes, it is. Ben Jenkins founded it. White and Kinsler invested and are now co-owners with Jenkins.

https://throughthefencebaseball.com/of-bats-and-men-from-louisville-sluggers-to-warstic-bats
Yep.

lefty96
02-15-2019, 10:02 AM

Happy to be corrected on this! Cool