PDA

View Full Version : OT: The Red Bar in Grayton Beach has burn to the ground...

Coursesuper
02-13-2019, 09:52 AM
Sad day in Grayton.

AlSwearengen
02-13-2019, 10:20 AM
Not to crap on this thread, but I went to that joint one time and I couldn’t wait to get out of there. Maybe it has become a tourist trap or something at this point. I know it seems to be universally loved though.

Coursesuper
02-13-2019, 10:27 AM
Not to crap on this thread, but I went to that joint one time and I couldn’t wait to get out of there. Maybe it has become a tourist trap or something at this point. I know it seems to be universally loved though.

In the last ten years it got found, there was a time it was a really great place to hang out. I’m going to remember that not when you had to wait to get in. But I get where you’re coming from it definitely changed from when we lived there.

Doggie_Style
02-13-2019, 10:37 AM
Sad day in Grayton.

maybe sad, but doesn't compare to the heartbreak of Len Lew's burning back in '81....had some great times there

Martianlander
02-13-2019, 11:41 AM
maybe sad, but doesn't compare to the heartbreak of Len Lew's burning back in '81....had some great times there

Oh yeah. Many I can remember and some I can't. Crossroads too.

Johnson85
02-13-2019, 11:59 AM

I've been twice after it blew up and it was still good. Definitely a pain in the ass to deal with, but all the places down there are and at least there was a payoff of good food.

parabrave
02-13-2019, 12:12 PM
No the biggest heartbreak was Timothys O'Sullivan being washed across 16th street in Gulfport during Hurricane Katrina. @nd biggest loss was the original Cherokee Inn on State Street closing.

Howboutdemdogs
02-14-2019, 09:20 AM

Things always change. From Len Lew's, Echols, The Crossroads, and The Club. All gone from my college youth. So has my flat belly and brown hair.

basedog
02-14-2019, 09:33 AM
Things always change. From Len Lew's, Echols, The Crossroads, and The Club. All gone from my college youth. So has my flat belly and brown hair.

LOL,+1

State82
02-14-2019, 02:13 PM

Hahahaha! I feel your pain, Bro!