PDA

View Full Version : Basketball can finish 10-8 if they play rest of season like tonight...

RougeDawg
02-13-2019, 12:19 AM
Finally a complete game. Finally getting Holman to buy in to the new hierarchy. Woodard and Perry bring the needed energy that the entire team feeds off of. The rotations seem to have more chemicsry the last 2-2 games. Barring any hiccups we should finish 10-8. Have to bring the energy every game like tonight.

Dawg61
02-13-2019, 01:01 AM
Nick brings a ton of energy as well. He's a spark plug with attitude. He threw down a hammer dunk which was the final nail tonight and flexed on em after he did it. Love me some Nick Spoon. Dude plays with attitude and toughness. I like players that come for a fight. Nick, Perry and Woodard are mad when they take the court every game.

Liverpooldawg
02-13-2019, 09:31 AM
Not likely, even if they do play that well.

msu15
02-13-2019, 10:01 AM
Woodard and Perry need to start over Ado and Holman

Ifyouonlyknew
02-13-2019, 10:08 AM

Ado should & needs to start. He's the anchor of our defense. What Ado does on defense gets overlooked so much & it's baffling. There's 2 sides of the court. Perry is our worst defender & constantly guarding 5's he'd stay in foul trouble.

RougeDawg
02-13-2019, 12:16 PM
Nick brings a ton of energy as well. He's a spark plug with attitude. He threw down a hammer dunk which was the final nail tonight and flexed on em after he did it. Love me some Nick Spoon. Dude plays with attitude and toughness. I like players that come for a fight. Nick, Perry and Woodard are mad when they take the court every game.

Yes nick plays hard all the time. Was just stating that the entire team seems to feed off of Woodard and Perry and it lifts them all up. Hopefully they can get it together and make a run. Should have been playing Perry and Woodard more early in The season. We would have 3-4 more wins right now, easy.

CadaverDawg
02-13-2019, 12:30 PM

Perfect description. Those 3 play mad and you can tell they take winning or losing personal in the way they play. I love it. They do not ever look timid. Well said.

Pit Bull
02-13-2019, 01:58 PM

This ^^^^^^, but I would sub Ado much more than Holman.

StarkVegasSteve
02-13-2019, 03:39 PM
Ado had his best offensive game last night. Looked a hell of a lot more active on the offensive end, and contained Hall very well on the defensive end. Was proud of his effort last night.

MetEdDawg
02-13-2019, 03:44 PM
We have to win the next 4. @Arkansas, @UGA, SC, and Missouri. Those are 4 games where we should be favored in and should be expected to be won.

If we can do that we get to 9-6 with 3 games left. We finish @Auburn, @Tennessee, TAMU. Can't realistically expect to win @Tennessee. @Auburn will be tough and TAMU should be a win.

So win the next 4 and get the TAMU game and we go 10-8. Win at Auburn and we go 11-7. I would be fine with 10-8, but I would be very pleased with 11-7. League is tough this year and playing on the road is really really hard.

mstatefan91
02-13-2019, 03:55 PM
Not likely, even if they do play that well.
The next 4 are winnable and the last game should be a win as well....

HoopsDawg
02-13-2019, 06:16 PM
Our rotation in the 2nd half vs Bama was correct. Hopefully Howland sticks with it.

jackindabox
02-13-2019, 07:09 PM
They can finish 12-6 if they continue to play that way. They would have beat kentucky by 28 points if they played that way a full game and Kentucky is supposedly the 5th best team in the country. Also if they played that way against LSU they win easily. The defense was terrible against LSU and they still forced OT.

parabrave
02-13-2019, 07:16 PM
That type of play wins out and gets you to the elite 8.

RougeDawg
02-13-2019, 07:52 PM
Watching a little bit of USC Tenn game and one thing is noticeable about the better teams. The players have the ability to anticipate the rebound angle and spot. This is something that has bothered me for years watching us. I only watch basketball games on tv and in person and have a pretty good idea where the ball is going to bounce if the shot does not go in. From the spot of the shot to arch and speed, you can predict a general area where the ball will most likely bounce for a rebound. We struggle with this badly. LSU, Kentucky and Tennessee all exhibit the ability to anticipate this much better than the rest of the SEC.

Woodard and Perry seem to show spurts of this but you?d think all SEC caliber players would do this, especially after playing and practice almost year round. It?s muscle memory.

Eta. Nick has a nose for the ball as well.

Dawg61
02-13-2019, 09:55 PM
Playing Ado a lot is an investment. He's terrific defensively and if we keep playing him high minutes by the time he's a senior he could be hell for other teams on both ends. He has cat like quickness. If he can just develop a little shoulder shimmy and hook like Olajuwon and strengthen his hands a lot he could be a special player. Can't give up on him when he has so much upside. Ado probably has the most upside on the entire team.

Cooterpoot
02-13-2019, 10:37 PM
Put down the crack pipe.

Cloak
02-13-2019, 10:40 PM
Delete

mparkerfd20
02-13-2019, 11:17 PM
I think we finish 8-10 or 7-11 honestly... Just hoping for .500 tho.