PDA

View Full Version : If I Am John Cohen

Spiderman
02-12-2019, 08:32 PM
I send the Golden Egg to a local jeweler and have the vacated years scratched through on the trophy. Scratched off so that it can not be engraved over.

ERASED.

Cowbell
02-12-2019, 08:38 PM
I send the Golden Egg to a local jeweler and have the vacated years scratched through on the trophy. Scratched off so that it can not be engraved over.

ERASED.

I will second this. So we can remind our kids of how they had to cheat to keep up with us

Turfdawg67
02-12-2019, 08:44 PM

ERASED.

Here here!! Made me think though... who "owns" the EB Trophy? Can we do that or are there rules. Did we have to vacate any EB games back in Tyler's span... and if so, were they removed or changed?

I say do it!!

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2019, 08:44 PM
What happened to our wins in the past that were forfeited?

Quaoarsking
02-12-2019, 09:29 PM
It would actually be kind of a cool addition to the rivalry that every time we win, we replace the placard with one that includes our wins in the 70s and scratches theirs in the 10s out, and they do the opposite every time they win.

Todd4State
02-12-2019, 09:41 PM
I'm all for it. Essentially we had to forfeit two Egg Bowls in the 70's and they have had to vacate two- so it kind of offsets that as far as on the field results go. It looks like Ole Miss claims our forfeits as wins. It really should be 60-45-however many ties there are.

Gutter Cobreh
02-12-2019, 09:56 PM
He can take the new trophy, with the proposed trophy edits, to the SEC office when he meets with Sankey and Bjork...it will show the league office that we're trying to minimize the hatred by following the rules and erasing the history. He can then remind Bjork that he'll always have the "memories".

RocketDawg
02-12-2019, 09:57 PM
He can take the new trophy, with the proposed trophy edits, to the SEC office when he meets with Sankey and Bjork...it will show the league office that we're trying to minimize the hatred by following the rules and erasing the history. He can then remind Bjork that he'll always have the "memories".

Have they still not had that meeting?

Todd4State
02-12-2019, 10:26 PM

HA! That would be epic.

Have they still not had that meeting?

I think they have already. It's not going to be done publicly one way or the other. Personally I think it's pretty pointless. All I expect to come out of it is tighter officiating on trash talk and pushing and shoving in 2019. Which typically in an Egg Bowl is going to benefit us given how Ole Miss likes to play. See 2017 and how that was officiated for reference. They'll probably eject players for fighting pre-game and they may start everyone off with a personal foul like they did in the fourth quarter like they did this year after the brawl but that's as drastic as I expect things to get. If that even happens.

mstatefan91
02-13-2019, 09:09 AM
HA! That would be epic.

I think they have already. It's not going to be done publicly one way or the other. Personally I think it's pretty pointless. All I expect to come out of it is tighter officiating on trash talk and pushing and shoving in 2019. Which typically in an Egg Bowl is going to benefit us given how Ole Miss likes to play. See 2017 and how that was officiated for reference. They'll probably eject players for fighting pre-game and they may start everyone off with a personal foul like they did in the fourth quarter like they did this year after the brawl but that's as drastic as I expect things to get. If that even happens.

I think it was just lip service. I doubt they've had an in person meeting and I doubt they will. At most, they've probably been on a conference call with each other and Sankey telling both AD's to try to cool the rivalry down..

Ross "TNA" Bjork obviously doesn't get it give his recent twitter antics....

SheltonChoked
02-13-2019, 11:28 AM
What happened to our wins in the past that were forfeited?

The Egg Bowl Trophy shows the on the field results. At least in the photo's I have seen.

https://cdn2.newsok.biz/cache/r960-dcd411ed9d7c3fdbc4157325981bc577.jpg

msbulldog
02-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Here here!! Made me think though... who "owns" the EB Trophy? Can we do that or are there rules. Did we have to vacate any EB games back in Tyler's span... and if so, were they removed or changed?

I say do it!!

I was involved with the Student Association when I was in school and the trophy base was just about filled up! So I had the responsibility of having the new bottom base installed. I think it belongs to whoever has it and they are respnsible for upkeep.

Spiderman
02-13-2019, 05:33 PM

I say do it!!

We own it as of now. Scratch that shit off

parabrave
02-13-2019, 10:17 PM
What about their watered down Sugar Bowl trophy? Shouldn't that have to be returned the Sugar Bowl Committee?

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-14-2019, 01:05 AM
Where?s the pic where it showed Ole Miss xx Ole Miss xx. Think it was on there two different years.

msbulldog
02-14-2019, 07:25 AM
What about their watered down Sugar Bowl trophy? Shouldn't that have to be returned the Sugar Bowl Committee?

That game was not vacated.