PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Predictions?

CadaverDawg
02-12-2019, 02:43 PM
What you guys think?

What's our final record?
Conference record?
MVP on O?
MVP on D?
Best pitcher?
Surprise player of the year?
Newcomer of the year?
Your favorite player?
Etc?

Choctaw Dawg
02-12-2019, 02:51 PM
What you guys think?

What's our final record?
Conference record?
MVP on O?
MVP on D?
Best pitcher?
Newcomer of the year?
Your favorite player?
Etc?

41-15
18-12
Mangum or Macnamee
Mangum

Small

Allen
Cerantola
Macnamee

Scared_Hitless
02-12-2019, 03:37 PM
40-16
17-13 League is tough hard to go much above .500
Mangum
Mangum

Small

Westburg I think he is going to crush the ball and be more than capable defensively
Ginn
Big Hit Mac

ZedFedder
02-12-2019, 03:51 PM
42-14
19-11
Mangum
Mangum
Ginn
Landon Jordan
Cerantola since I used Ginn already
Mangum

Granted, I don't have nearly the info others do on here. I just think it'll be a really good year.

Dawgbite
02-12-2019, 04:00 PM
What's our final record?39-17
Conference record?16-14
MVP on O?WESTBURG
MVP on D?MANGUM
Best pitcher?SMALL
Surprise player of the year?WESTBURG
Newcomer of the year?GINN
Your favorite player?MCNAMEE
Etc?

StarkVegasSteve
02-12-2019, 04:16 PM
What's our final record? 43-13
Conference record? 18-12
MVP on O? Jordan
MVP on D? Mangum
Best pitcher? Small
Surprise player of the year? Skelton
Newcomer of the year? Cerentola
Your favorite player? Westburg

KOdawg1
02-12-2019, 04:27 PM
What's our final record?40-16
Conference record? 17-13
MVP on O? Rowdey Jordan
MVP on D? Mangum
Best pitcher? Ginn
Surprise player of the year? Cerantola
Newcomer of the year? Ginn
Your favorite player? Jordan

tcdog70
02-12-2019, 04:28 PM
What's our final record--48-8
Conference record-23-7
MVP on O?--Jake
MVP on D?--Jake
Best pitcher Small
Surprise player of the year-westburg
Newcomer of the year- Ginn
Your favorite player Rowdy/Small

Rick Danko
02-12-2019, 06:35 PM
What you guys think?

What's our final record? 38-18
Conference record? 16-14
MVP on O? Jordan
MVP on D? Mangum
Best pitcher? Small
Surprise player of the year? Jordan (feeling a big jump from last year)
Newcomer of the year? Cerentola
Your favorite player? Mangum
Etc?

Pump the brakes on all this well over 40 wins. God knows I hope that is the case but let?s remember this team took a miracle walk off to get through the regionals, down to the last strike. On top of that you have (again) a new coach to lead them. There is going to be some ups and downs on this season, that?s just how the game works. But, as I predicted last year, after a weekend that goes the other teams way, there will be epic meltdowns on this board and calling for the heads of Lemonis and Cohen. Thank god the people who lead our school aren?t message board heroes.

And on top of this post, I hope I am 100% wrong, we lose about 5 games, and win the whole damn thing....

ETA: predictions are listed above

Homedawg
02-12-2019, 07:10 PM
36-20
16-14
Mangum
Mangum
Small
Skelton
L Jordan
Mangum

Homedawg
02-12-2019, 07:14 PM
Pump the brakes on all this well over 40 wins. God knows I hope that is the case but let?s remember this team took a miracle walk off to get through the regionals, down to the last strike. On top of that you have (again) a new coach to lead them. There is going to be some ups and downs on this season, that?s just how the game works. But, as I predicted last year, after a weekend that goes the other teams way, there will be epic meltdowns on this board and calling for the heads of Lemonis and Cohen. Thank god the people who lead our school aren?t message board heroes.

And on top of this post, I hope I am 100% wrong, we lose about 5 games, and win the whole damn thing....

Winning 40+ in this day and age in this league is so tough. and like you, I think our fans have unrealistic expectations based on us getting nuclear hot last year. I like this team, I don't love it. I hope I'm dead wrong. But it's a nice club. Not anywhere near great.

Todd4State
02-12-2019, 07:15 PM
What you guys think?

What's our final record? Something like 46-20
Conference record? 17-13
MVP on O? Mangum
MVP on D? Mangum
Best pitcher? Ginn
Surprise player of the year? Landon Jordan
Newcomer of the year? Ginn
Your favorite player? Mangum
Etc?

Etc. since it says my post was too short.

Dawgcap
02-12-2019, 07:22 PM
We play 26 out of conference games and many have us losing 3-4 games. I’m optimistic but that ain’t happening. I hope I am terribly wrong.

mparkerfd20
02-12-2019, 07:24 PM
Etc. since it says my post was too short.
You have too many games I think

Todd4State
02-12-2019, 07:29 PM

40 wins is tough BUT....

1. We had some obvious coaching turmoil that cost us three games right off the bat. Hopefully we don't have that now.
2. We played a TON of freshmen last year. Tanner Allen, Foscue, Rowdey Jordan, Westburg, and at times Josh Hatcher. That's about half of our lineup. Those guys are back and better now- along with Mangum and MacNamee.
3. Because of the new stadium we had to play a lot of games on the road which is tough enough as it is on top of 1& 2 above meaning we were McNeese's State's World Series. This year we have mostly home games if we're not in a tournament or Pearl.
4. We have a catching coach now which I think will make a big difference there. And if Skelton doesn't improve we have better depth with Gilbert, Hayden Jones, and Luke Hancock at that spot than last year.
5. Our pitching staff is better and is more healthy than last year. Small is better and is a legit ace and we're adding a first round pick to the rotation.
6. While I appreciate what Henderson did for us- his coaching decisions cost us some games last year. Which is why he was fired at UK and why we didn't bring him back. Hopefully Lemonis is better.

Now when we lose to Maine or someone I'm sure some people will compare it to Croom and meltdown because that's what they do. But at the end of the year we will be fine.

And as far as the miracle walk-off keeping us alive- my thing is if we didn't have 1-6 going on last year we're probably a 2 seed at worst if not hosting a regional ourselves and not in a position to where we have to have a miracle walk-off to begin with. Before the miracle at FSU we swept Florida and won series against Ole Miss and Arkansas and won all three of our games in the Shriner's Classic. The potential to be really good and elite was already in place and things just evened out in the end.

Todd4State
02-12-2019, 07:30 PM
You have too many games I think

I assumed he meant regular season and postseason combined?

Homedawg
02-12-2019, 07:55 PM
I assumed he meant regular season and postseason combined?

I think everyone based it on reg season just looking at it. I know I did.

BuckyIsAB****
02-12-2019, 10:06 PM
What you guys think?

What's our final record?
Conference record?
MVP on O?
MVP on D?
Best pitcher?
Newcomer of the year?
Your favorite player?
Etc?

Idk the total number of games but Im gonna say good

Again idk but good

Jake Mangum

Jake Mangum

Ethan Small

Peyton Plumlee

JT Ginn

Jake Mangum

National Champions

BuckyIsAB****
02-12-2019, 10:11 PM
The people who are saying we were a fluke last year saying we got hot should also remember we won 9 out of 10 games vs ranked teams and theres a reason we beat UNC and Washington in Omaha. Theres a reason we beat Vandy @ Vandy. All that aint luck. Some of it is talent but most of it was a hard nosed tough bunch of kids who fought their guts out to the bitter end. I was more proud of that bunch and loved watching them play more than any other sports team in the history of our school. And this is from a football purist.

We are gonna be good. Hopefully Omaha good

Homedawg
02-12-2019, 11:31 PM
The people who are saying we were a fluke last year saying we got hot should also remember we won 9 out of 10 games vs ranked teams and theres a reason we beat UNC and Washington in Omaha. Theres a reason we beat Vandy @ Vandy. All that aint luck. Some of it is talent but most of it was a hard nosed tough bunch of kids who fought their guts out to the bitter end. I was more proud of that bunch and loved watching them play more than any other sports team in the history of our school. And this is from a football purist.

We are gonna be good. Hopefully Omaha good

I didn't say fluke, i said we got hit at the right time. Look at our stats. They weren't good. We won games low scoring and high scoring. We got hot at the right time. We've had a LOT of teams that were more talented. That's not taking away what they did. Just a fact. I'm worried about losing Stovall defensively at second too. Huge loss.

preachermatt83
02-13-2019, 12:14 AM
What's our final record?38-18
Conference record?16-14
MVP on O?Macnamee
MVP on D?MANGUM
Best pitcher?Ginn
Surprise player of the year?Ginn(I know we all expect him to be good but I think his greatness will surprise us, I think he will be an all American)
Newcomer of the year?Ginn
Your favorite player?Mangum(my favorite diamond dog of all time)

Dawgcap
02-13-2019, 12:21 AM
I didn't say fluke, i said we got hit at the right time. Look at our stats. They weren't good. We won games low scoring and high scoring. We got hot at the right time. We've had a LOT of teams that were more talented. That's not taking away what they did. Just a fact. I'm worried about losing Stovall defensively at second too. Huge loss.

I?m not saying we are a fluke either but to say we lose 3 or less non con is a bit optimistic. We will try new lineups, new pitchers and battle teams fired up to beat us while looking ahead. I think we will peak but we will lose a few more than many think. But I think we peak late

Dawgcap
02-13-2019, 12:25 AM
I think 36-20 16-14.

Dawg61
02-13-2019, 01:10 AM
20-10 in SEC
MacNamee is the dude this year

Pit Bull
02-13-2019, 05:33 AM
Overall: 38-18
SEC: 16-14

Pit Bull
02-13-2019, 05:42 AM
We play 26 out of conference games and many have us losing 3-4 games. I?m optimistic but that ain?t happening. I hope I am terribly wrong.

Yeah....I have us losing 4 OOC games. E.Carolina, USM, and that whole weekend at the Frisco Classic is tough. And Maine in the past has had one of the better far north baseball programs. Know absolutely NOTHING about Youngstown. South BAMA and Samford should be competitive too. We could easily lose 6-8 OOC games. I'll keep my fingers crossed though!!