PDA

View Full Version : Here's A Suggestion On The 2020 MSU Football Recrut Thread

yjnkdawg
02-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Why don't we keep posts applicable to what the title says. It is frustrating to have to weed through all the stats, attention seeking, sky is falling, etc. to get to who we are actually recruiting, and pertinent information concerning our potential 2020 recruiting class. Maybe there needs to be two recruiting threads. One (the one we have now) for posts relevant to our potential 2020 class, without the hijacking and attention seeking that we have seen. The second recruiting thread, being one that you can post everything that is in the current original recruiting thread, that is not relevant to players that we are recruiting and our 2020 commits. I can possibly think of a couple of people to moderate the second thread, but I won't call any names.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-12-2019, 12:10 PM
Here's the problem, where do you draw the line? Do we literally just want "We offered X player" or "Y player will visit Sunday", or is it ok to ask "are we on Z player?"? What about asking if we actually have a shot at a kid from a OM dominated HS? If that's ok, can we discuss who OM is doing well with, since that impacts who we'll get? Say there's 2 RBs and people are debating which one is better. Recruiting ranking of each will come up, so naturally the accuracy of the sites will be brought up, followed by analysis of our past classes and how certain players broke the mold. Now we're talking about Dak again but it's technically related to 2020 recruiting. If 7 makes a subtle passive aggressive statement at Shotgun, can Shotgun defend himself even though it's off topic? How far will we let it go?

I hate the recruiting threads and agree people do get really off topic. But it'll be arbitrary to say what is or isn't to far off the topic. Hell even Shotgun's rantings about how "we need to change our attitudes" are technically related to recruiting.

msstate7
02-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Here's the problem, where do you draw the line? Do we literally just want "We offered X player" or "Y player will visit Sunday", or is it ok to ask "are we on Z player?"? What about asking if we actually have a shot at a kid from a OM dominated HS? If that's ok, can we discuss who OM is doing well with, since that impacts who we'll get? Say there's 2 RBs and people are debating which one is better. Recruiting ranking of each will come up, so naturally the accuracy of the sites will be brought up, followed by analysis of our past classes and how certain players broke the mold. Now we're talking about Dak again but it's technically related to 2020 recruiting. If 7 makes a subtle passive aggressive statement at Shotgun, can Shotgun defend himself even though it's off topic? How far will we let it go?

I hate the recruiting threads and agree people do get really off topic. But it'll be arbitrary to say what is or isn't to far off the topic. Hell even Shotgun's rantings about how "we need to change our attitudes" are technically related to recruiting.

Few examples of ok vs not ok:

Ok: We're killing it recruiting wise, top 15 and that's where we'll finish

Not ok: I don't see how we can maintain a top 15 rating. We'll finish around where we always do

Ok: haha, look at so and so decommitting from OM or Florida. That has to hurt them, haha

Not ok: dammit, so and so decommitted from us. This is an absolute killer, and we have no viable replacement.

Ok: we have a really good avg per recruit.

Not ok: yeah, the avg per recruit is good, but not as good if you factor in we didn't sign all we needed to. We also finished last in our division

Bothrops
02-12-2019, 01:17 PM
I'd say #18 is the highest MSU can possibly recruit in football. Thats has happened once in the last decade. Top 25-30 is our main territory.

msudawglb
02-12-2019, 01:26 PM

Not ok: I don't see how we can maintain a top 15 rating. We'll finish around where we always do

Ok: haha, look at so and so decommitting from OM or Florida. That has to hurt them, haha

Not ok: dammit, so and so decommitted from us. This is an absolute killer, and we have no viable replacement.

Not ok: yeah, the avg per recruit is good, but not as good if you factor in we didn't sign all we needed to. We also finished last in our division

I really wouldn't have a problem with those "Not OK" comments. I can do without the "WTH are you talking about you stupid shit, look at me talking down to another MSU fan!" type replies. Some just have to talk down to others instead of ignoring them. Some seem to only have a life through these message boards and thus think that their posts are the gospel.

CadaverDawg
02-12-2019, 01:48 PM
People could just quit whining about what is and isn't what they want to read, and either deal with it or find a new board.....that's always an option.

All of this, "waaaaah I am tired of the negativity", "waaaaah can the recruiting thread stay on topic!!", etc is like a bunch of PC folks wanting to shut people up that dont say what they want to hear. How bout this for an answer....This board has been around a while and is doing fine, so if you don't like what someone says or how someone acts, there are other MSU boards you can visit. Quit trying to change this one just bc people aren't just like you.

That's my opinion. All this bitching about what other people say and think has become so obnoxious. Like a bunch of damn whiny old ladies. Guess what, there will be threads that get off topic, negative posts, and shit you don't want to read...It's a messageboard, that's part of it.

msstate7
02-12-2019, 01:50 PM
People could just quit whining about what is and isn't what they want to read, and either deal with it or find a new board.....that's always an option.

All of this, "waaaaah I am tired of the negativity", "waaaaah can the recruiting thread stay on topic!!", etc is like a bunch of PC folks wanting to shut people up that dont say what they want to hear. How bout this for an answer....This board has been around a while and is doing fine, so if you don't like what someone says or how someone acts, there are other MSU boards you can visit. Quit trying to change this one just bc people aren't just like you.

That's my opinion. All this bitching about what other people say and think has become so obnoxious. Like a bunch of damn whiny old ladies. Guess what, there will be threads that get off topic, negative posts, and shit you don't want to read...It's a messageboard, Francis, get over it.

I'm offended. Please silence CadaverDawg!**

CadaverDawg
02-12-2019, 01:51 PM
I'm offended. Please silence CadaverDawg!**

I'm offended at your offense. Please silence msstate7 **

hacker
02-12-2019, 01:54 PM

That's my opinion. All this bitching about what other people say and think has become so obnoxious. Like a bunch of damn whiny old ladies. Guess what, there will be threads that get off topic, negative posts, and shit you don't want to read...It's a messageboard, that's part of it.

Now you're bitching about people bitching about bitching

CadaverDawg
02-12-2019, 02:01 PM
Now you're bitching about people bitching about bitching

Yep, stop bitching about it**

Ha

CadaverDawg
02-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Seriously though, if someone wants to start a thread with just a list of commits and offers, I'll be glad to sticky it. That way y'all don't have to weed through the recruiting discussion thread

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2019, 02:11 PM
Seriously though, if someone wants to start a thread with just a list of commits and offers, I'll be glad to sticky it. That way y'all don't have to weed through the recruiting discussion thread

Uhmmmm...Look up? I update the first post anytime their is news.

And to the OP... I'm keeping an eye on the thread this year. I have already broken out 30 posts that were just b!thcing about last years end of recruiting.

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2019, 02:14 PM

Your opinion sucks. and yes things will get off topic at times. but a full blown takeover and changing the topic can be broken out into a new thread. Posters can learn to keep things on topic.

CadaverDawg
02-12-2019, 02:19 PM
Uhmmmm...Look up? I update the first post anytime their is news.

And to the OP... I'm keeping an eye on the thread this year. I have already broken out 30 posts that were just b!thcing about last years end of recruiting.

I don't pay attention to that thread until closer to signing day or when we get a big commit. I was just trying to help out the OP. You do what you want, but I hate to try to fix a 400 page thread that didn't seem to be broke....but that's just me. Seems a lot of folks enjoyed the format of the 2019 crootin thread

CadaverDawg
02-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Your opinion sucks. and yes things will get off topic at times. but a full blown takeover and changing the topic can be broken out into a new thread. Posters can learn to keep things on topic.

Your opinion sucks worse. But keep up the good work, Stalin. Maybe you'll run everyone off. You board owners with your God complexes over a messageboard need to check yourselves...it's a bad look. Telling regulars to eat shit and die, cussing folks out, etc...really? Reevaluate man. It wasn't that way when this board was at its best

msstate7
02-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Your opinion sucks worse. But keep up the good work, Stalin. Maybe you'll run everyone off

This is what is wanted here...

https://i.postimg.cc/Dyg6BmLH/983-B1-B7-F-F152-41-C3-BD77-2391409-DEFBF.gif (https://postimages.org/)

I remember getting banned from genespage for not toeing the everything at state is perfect. Will this site take that stance? Not sure, but it is getting closer and closer to that atmosphere

CadaverDawg
02-12-2019, 02:32 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/Dyg6BmLH/983-B1-B7-F-F152-41-C3-BD77-2391409-DEFBF.gif (https://postimages.org/)

I remember getting banned from genespage for not toeing the everything at state is perfect. Will this site take that stance? Not sure, but it is getting closer and closer to that atmosphere

It's definitely looking more dictatorish and toe the company line-ish by the day. People want to feel a part of a community, not like a person that can't join in discussions without 2 specific owners cussing them out or telling them their opinion sucks or telling them to eat shit and die, etc.....but maybe that's just my incorrect view of what people want.

hacker
02-12-2019, 03:20 PM
It's definitely looking more dictatorish and toe the company line-ish by the day. People want to feel a part of a community, not like a person that can't join in discussions without 2 specific owners cussing them out or telling them their opinion sucks or telling them to eat shit and die, etc.....but maybe that's just my incorrect view of what people want.

Just my opinion here, but I think the negativity turns to toxicity really quickly. Feelings and such. It pushes people away, myself included. I tend to be more of an optimist, I guess. I love MSU, so I want to read about things that reaffirm it. I'd rather not have the cognitive dissonance from negative posts. I think that feeling is why negativity turns to toxic back and forth.

I do understand that people feel like they're helping by pointing out negative things, but I just disagree.

DownwardDawg
02-12-2019, 03:22 PM

Hahahaha!!!!

bulldawg28
02-12-2019, 03:38 PM

This site is nothing like that. However, too many threads with potentially good topics are ruined by whiners complaining with woe is MSU mentality.

dawgday166
02-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Y'all quit bitching about bitching about people who bitch about bitching .... *****
I'm totally confused about who's bitching about what now. Too many bitches in this thread. Need more a**holes to balance out masculine/feminine. *****

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-12-2019, 03:53 PM
I love how this post about posts getting OT took 4 posts to get OT and 10 to get into full fledged personal attacks

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Your opinion sucks worse. But keep up the good work, Stalin. Maybe you'll run everyone off. You board owners with your God complexes over a messageboard need to check yourselves...it's a bad look. Telling regulars to eat shit and die, cussing folks out, etc...really? Reevaluate man. It wasn't that way when this board was at its best

Check your PM....

msstate7
02-12-2019, 04:07 PM
I love how this post about posts getting OT took 4 posts to get OT and 10 to get into full fledged personal attacks

Someone break the OT to another subthread haha

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2019, 04:41 PM
Someone break the OT to another subthread haha

It's kinda funny this was created asking for that to be done..when it had already been done yesterday.

msstate7
02-12-2019, 04:43 PM
It's kinda funny this was created asking for that to be done..when it had already been done yesterday.

You knew what the people wanted

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2019, 04:47 PM
You knew what the people wanted

Trump, Trump, Trump ***

Turfdawg67
02-12-2019, 07:39 PM
Also, could we add "aka The False Hope Thread"? ***

That's no knock on IYOK, ISID, Ari or Commerce... I appreciate the info, whether it pans out or not.

RougeDawg
02-12-2019, 11:20 PM

Maybe Scoob can use his editing skills to edit the board name to Gestapo Dawgs. Seems more fitting these days.

Guess I?ll start the Heil Scooba greetings!!!!!

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2019, 11:46 PM
Maybe Scoob can use his editing skills to edit the board name to Gestapo Dawgs. Seems more fitting these days.

Guess I?ll start the Heil Scooba greetings!!!!!

https://i.imgflip.com/e94sv.jpg

And show me where I have edited any of your posts or others to change what was actually said...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-12-2019, 11:49 PM
Why don't we keep posts applicable to what the title says. It is frustrating to have to weed through all the stats, attention seeking, sky is falling, etc. to get to who we are actually recruiting, and pertinent information concerning our potential 2020 recruiting class. Maybe there needs to be two recruiting threads. One (the one we have now) for posts relevant to our potential 2020 class, without the hijacking and attention seeking that we have seen. The second recruiting thread, being one that you can post everything that is in the current original recruiting thread, that is not relevant to players that we are recruiting and our 2020 commits. I can possibly think of a couple of people to moderate the second thread, but I won't call any names.

Best of luck to ya....