PDA

View Full Version : Women's Tourney

KOdawg1
02-11-2019, 09:18 PM
NCAA released their top seeds and they have us currently as a one seed in the Albany region with UConn as our 2 seed. It's awesome that we're a one but I'd rather face UConn in the final 4

TaleofTwoDogs
02-11-2019, 10:41 PM
Not to mention playing in Albany will probably be like a home game for UCONN.

parabrave
02-12-2019, 12:41 AM
NCAA released their top seeds and they have us currently as a one seed in the Albany region with UConn as our 2 seed. It's awesome that we're a one but I'd rather face UConn in the final 4

Rather be a 2 in the south.

dawgday166
02-12-2019, 08:04 AM
Rather be a 2 in the south.

I don't know. Think I may rather play UConn than Baylor, ND, or Lville. Don't like that it's in Albany tho.

MedDawg
02-12-2019, 08:58 AM
I don't know. Think I may rather play UConn than Baylor, ND, or Lville. Don't like that it's in Albany tho.

If State is a 1 seed, then the choices are really to play @2 seeds UConn, Notre Dame, Stanford, or NC State. I'd rather State not play #2 UConn in Albany, but playing #2 seed NC State in Greensboro, NC wouldn't be a favorable location either. #1 Baylor may have to do that. Playing #2 seed Notre Dame in Chicago is probably worse than the other two. That will REALLY be a home game for Notre Dame. #1 seed Louisville may have to do that. The only #1 seed in their home area will be Oregon.

If you want to be the National Champion, you gotta play 'em sometime. Bring 'em on!

dawgday166
02-12-2019, 09:08 AM
If State is a 1 seed, then the choices are really to play @2 seeds UConn, Notre Dame, Stanford, or NC State. I'd rather State not play #2 UConn in Albany, but playing #2 seed NC State in Greensboro, NC wouldn't be a favorable location either. #1 Baylor may have to do that. Playing #2 seed Notre Dame in Chicago is probably worse than the other two. That will REALLY be a home game for Notre Dame. #1 seed Louisville may have to do that. The only #1 seed in their home area will be Oregon.

If you want to be the National Champion, you gotta play 'em sometime. Bring 'em on!

Won't argue that but they probably ain't moving Lville from a #1 down in Greensboro. Not with Baylor in Chicago.

mstatefan91
02-12-2019, 09:17 AM
Just ridiculous that they don't have a location in the Southeast given UT (historically), USCe, and MSU lately...

Cooterpoot
02-12-2019, 09:55 AM
Why are you pussies afraid of a UConn team that’s not as good as their past teams? We can handle them. And that home crowd last night vs SC wasn’t anything special. I like that draw. Unless you’re the #1 overall, you’re getting a good team in the Elite 8. I don’t want Oregon, Baylor, or Louisville. ND and Uconn are below those teams IMO.

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2019, 11:07 AM
The only way we don't like end up playing in Albany is hope we win out and Baylor, Louisville, or Oregon drop another game.
Games to watch especially... Texas at Baylor. Baylor beat them a week ago but only by 6.
Oregon plays Oregon State 2 games in a row (kinda odd how that lined up) home and away. Can they knock Oregon off one of those times in the next week?
Louisville doesn't look to have a challenge left in the regular season.

Well.. or we lose another game and become a for sure #2 seed.

Scared_Hitless
02-12-2019, 12:16 PM
I don't give a damn who we play. Vic will have us ready to roll. Felt like this all season, but we are going to get over the hump this season. Gotta beat some good teams to get there. Not 1 team has a Big T if she is locked in we shouldn't fear anyone.

dawgday166
02-12-2019, 12:26 PM
I don't give a damn who we play. Vic will have us ready to roll. Felt like this all season, but we are going to get over the hump this season. Gotta beat some good teams to get there. Not 1 team has a Big T if she is locked in we shouldn't fear anyone.

Baylor has a gal that's gonna be a challenge for big T. And they have the other pieces too. However, only watched them play once and that was early in season.

klong-dog
02-12-2019, 12:48 PM
Yeah Kalani Brown is 6'7 & better around the basket than T but T still brings more to the the table. They also have a 6'4 white gal in Cox.. She can hit 3 & clean up the glass. They are the favorite as of right now, imo.

StarkVegasSteve
02-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Baylor has a gal that's gonna be a challenge for big T. And they have the other pieces too. However, only watched them play once and that was early in season.

It'll be interesting to see how McCowan handles someone her size.

dawgday166
02-12-2019, 03:12 PM
Yeah Kalani Brown is 6'7 & better around the basket than T but T still brings more to the the table. They also have a 6'4 white gal in Cox.. She can hit 3 & clean up the glass. They are the favorite as of right now, imo.

Yea ... Brown is big gal and she is very good around the basket. Not sure T brings more to the table but maybe ... and hope so. Remember Cox now too. They are gonna be a challenge.

Scared_Hitless
02-12-2019, 03:19 PM
I mean Kalani has half of Big T's rebounds in around the same amount of minutes. Big T doesnt get respect because her game isnt pretty, but she is dominant. THe only player to outshine her over the last 3 years was Aja Wilson who was the best player in the country.

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2019, 03:22 PM

They played against each other 2 years ago in the elite 8 game we won in OT. Of course T is a totally different beast since then.. but in that game T went for 3 for 7 on shots with 4 ft's for 10pts and 5 rb's and 4 personal fouls.

Brown played the full 45 minutes and we couldn't hardly stop her. 11 of 13, 5 of 5 ft's for game high 27pts. 9 rebounds, 2 fouls and 5 blocks.

Scared_Hitless
02-12-2019, 03:25 PM
They played against each other 2 years ago in the elite 8 game we won in OT. Of course T is a totally different beast since then.. but in that game T went for 3 for 7 on shots with 4 ft's for 10pts and 5 rb's and 4 personal fouls.

Brown played the full 45 minutes and we couldn't hardly stop her. 11 of 13, 5 of 5 ft's for game high 27pts. 9 rebounds, 2 fouls and 5 blocks.

I understand that for sure, but T is nowhere near that player anymore which you noted. She is now projected as possibly the #1 overall pick. The thing with T she has to play to her level which is not always consistent. We can beat anyone 3 pt shooting could always rear its head, but its hard to doubt the offense when we are second in the nation.

dawgday166
02-12-2019, 03:42 PM

Morgan went off in that game and they couldn't stop her. Big T had more help on the inside too.

Not saying we can't beat Baylor but they are a very experienced team with definite top notch skills inside and out. If I was betting on it right now I'd bet on Baylor. Don't think we match up well with them at all. We've played no team that can really match up with Tiera yet this year and Baylor can.

We'll see but they would be tough to beat IMO. We are getting better tho but we're still a very young team ... which doesn't bode well in tourneys usually unless it's men's hoops at times.

Scared_Hitless
02-12-2019, 03:45 PM
I think Vic would have a great gameplan Baylor may be our worst match-up but they are not unbeatable. I just feel this team has some grit and toughness that we are going to need come tourney time.

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2019, 03:55 PM
T vs Brown this year

https://i.postimg.cc/44jCVYTm/msu.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Y2vKv1Z5/baylor.jpg

dawgday166
02-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Hope it's just as simple as all that Scooba. We in good shape if that's the case ... don't think it is as simple as all that tho.

Scared_Hitless
02-12-2019, 04:25 PM
Impressive the girl from Baylor shooting basically 80% from the Line. T seems better overall player that girl may be more effective offensively.

Ezsoil
02-12-2019, 05:38 PM

She handled her just fine two years ago in the NCAA tourney

Pit Bull
02-13-2019, 03:13 AM

Yeah....Baylor is my pick as NC this year. I think they have just too much for anybody they play. They would have to have a bad off night for us to win. We haven't replaced Vivians production yet and now we've lost a huge piece in Bibby. I can see us maybe getting to the elite 8 and that's about it. Our only real height on the team is at center.....everybody else is guard size. Next year, I see that improving as we get Bibby (who some have told me she is closer to 6'2") back from injury, we get Promise Taylor at center, Jessika Carter can play at PF or C, and we add Rickea Jackson from Detroit as a SG. That would be a great lineup with Myah Taylor and others at PG.