PDA

View Full Version : The 2019 Whiny posters about recruits thread.. (broken out of Recruit thread)

NCDawg
02-11-2019, 10:20 AM
We finish last in the SECW, and then Moorhead says there is a correlation between recruiting rankings and success. Guess we shouldn't have a lot of high hopes for the future.

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2019, 10:49 AM
We finish last in the SECW, and then Moorhead says there is a correlation between recruiting rankings and success. Guess we shouldn't have a lot of high hopes for the future.

We did finish last BUT 5-7 is debatable and we can beat all but #1 if Schrader is the real deal.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2019, 10:50 AM

We finished last because of #'s. We finished 5th in avg rating by recruit. Arkansas finished 1 spot ahead of us with 4 more recruits. OM finished 2 spots ahead of us with 10 more recruits. If we're going to say we finished last can we at least provide context.

msstate7
02-11-2019, 10:53 AM
We finished last because of #'s. We finished 5th in avg rating by recruit. Arkansas finished 1 spot ahead of us with 4 more recruits. OM finished 2 spots ahead of us with 10 more recruits. If we're going to say we finished last can we at least provide context.

If you take OM's top 21 commits, their avg per recruit was better.

ETA... I'll do ark and OM's. Give me a min

Cooterpoot
02-11-2019, 10:55 AM

So we can drop a couple of our lower ranked guys to increase our average too? Don't think it works that way.

Ari Gold
02-11-2019, 10:57 AM

Too add.
Look at Ark class and our class and tell me which you had rather have
We are better at OL, Qb, RB, DL
They recruited better at DB and WR ... Even though I like what we did with our backend..

Like IYOK said look at all factors in recruiting.. position players, number of players at one position, number of recruits in a class, ect....

I will take our class over both Arky and OM ..

Ari Gold
02-11-2019, 11:00 AM

Don’t waste your time .. I already broke this down..
our class position by position as a whole is better than OM and Arky

msu15
02-11-2019, 11:07 AM

Lol......wow dude

msstate7
02-11-2019, 11:17 AM
2019 sec west avg per recruit using only top 21 commits:

5. Ark .8900
6. Om .8882
7. State .8864

msstate7
02-11-2019, 11:21 AM
So we can drop a couple of our lower ranked guys to increase our average too? Don't think it works that way.

Is our class better or worse with dj james? He'd pull down our avg per recruit.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2019, 11:37 AM
Is our class better or worse with dj james? He'd pull down our avg per recruit.

& he'd make us a higher ranking than Arkansas & these post wouldn't be made. It goes both ways. Add DJ James & a mid 3* & we have a higher ranked class than both.

msstate7
02-11-2019, 11:38 AM
& he'd make us a higher ranking than Arkansas & these post wouldn't be made. It goes both ways. Add DJ James & a mid 3* & we have a higher ranked class than both.

Just pointing out the flaw in avg per recruit.

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2019, 11:44 AM

5. Ark .8900
6. Om .8882
7. State .8864

That's even

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2019, 11:45 AM

Yes & no because the avg recruit is for the whole class not just the best 21 or 25 or 30. You get punished in total class rankings based off # of signees but you can't just say well let's just use the top 21 for avg recruit ranking because those other 4 or 10 kids still were signed so you can't just ignore them. I see where you're coming from though.

msstate7
02-11-2019, 11:46 AM
That's even

Right, which is why I think it's dumb for us to pump our chest out over that metric when we needed a couple more signees

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2019, 11:50 AM
Right, which is why I think it's dumb for us to pump our chest out over that metric when we needed a couple more signees

It's a diff between pumping our chest out & acknowledging something. Same way people say we finished last when the bottom 3 (OM, Arkansas, & MSU) are all pretty even rated 22-24. It's all about what side of the glass you want to look at.

msstate7
02-11-2019, 11:53 AM
It's a diff between pumping our chest out & acknowledging something. Same way people say we finished last when the bottom 3 (OM, Arkansas, & MSU) are all pretty even rated 22-24. It's all about what side of the glass you want to look at.

Fair enough.

BuckyIsAB****
02-11-2019, 12:10 PM
You guys drive me absolutely nuts sometimes. We get 2 or 3 commits in a day, all in state, all good players and we find a way to bitch about that.

We are bitching over someone else's recruiting class being ranked a tenth or two higher than us and forget that we mopped the floor with both of them in the real world. I promise you Ark and OM would trade situations with us right now in a heartbeat.

The difference in the 25th ranked class and the 15th is nothing. I would take ours over any of them and I bet we beat OM and Arkansas like a drum again next year. You should all drink a beer or something, if you get this way over recruiting I'd hate to see how you handle real adversity.

Take IYOK's advice and only show up on signing day to bitch about ridiculous shit if you're going to bitch, a year of this is gonna be unbearable. This is the recruiting thread not the whiny bitch thread

msstate7
02-11-2019, 12:12 PM
You guys drive me absolutely nuts sometimes. We get 2 or 3 commits in a day, all in state, all good players and we find a way to bitch about that.

We are bitching over someone else's recruiting class being ranked a tenth or two higher than us and forget that we mopped the floor with both of them in the real world. I promise you Ark and OM would trade situations with us right now in a heartbeat.

The difference in the 25th ranked class and the 15th is nothing. I would take ours over any of them and I bet we beat OM and Arkansas like a drum again next year. You should all drink a beer or something, if you get this way over recruiting I'd hate to see how you handle real adversity.

Take IYOK's advice and only show up on signing day to bitch about ridiculous shit if you're going to bitch, a year of this is gonna be unbearable. This is the recruiting thread not the whiny bitch thread

Nothing like someone crying over someone else crying...

BuckyIsAB****
02-11-2019, 12:14 PM

Take it however you want it jack but its all truth and would make this thread a lot more enjoyable

msu15
02-11-2019, 12:18 PM

Failed logic

msstate7
02-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Take it however you want it jack but its all truth and would make this thread a lot more enjoyable

Maybe to you and maybe to a lot of othes. Personally, I like stat or fact based arguments. I know half this board hates me, but I present my argument with stats. Maybe I interpret the stats wrong, and I'm certainly open to being proven wrong, but at least I back my arguments up

yjnkdawg
02-11-2019, 12:32 PM

Yeah, and we have to weed through all this crap to see who we are recruiting and any updates concerning that.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Maybe to you and maybe to a lot of othes. Personally, I like stat or fact based arguments. I know half this board hates me, but I present my argument with stats. Maybe I interpret the stats wrong, and I'm certainly open to being proven wrong, but at least I back my arguments up

That's kind of the point with saying we finished last in the West. The stats say we finished last because we had the least amount of commits. So we use stats like avg recruit ranking. Those are stats but then it's ok let's not use the full class. I'm sure it's not your intention but every time someone has something that is perceived positive you have a "stat" to make it seem negative. That's not a knock on you it just goes back to which side of the glass you look from. I don't have a problem with how you post. I just know we usually look from 2 different angles.

yjnkdawg
02-11-2019, 12:36 PM

I wish the Mods would do something where this is not a sky is falling or attention seeking thread, and just stick to recruiting, by those who know what is going on in that arena.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-11-2019, 12:43 PM
By my count we lose 4 4+ star recruits off the 2018 roster, but bring in 6 more, according to 247

At a finer grain, by my count:

2018 / 2019

Overall team 247 composite:
.8657 / .8732
OFFENSE
.8582 / .8715
QB
.8769 / .9091
RB
.8864 / .8770
OL
.8494 / .8666
WR
.8749 / .8783
DEFENSE
.8731 / .8750
DL
.8775 / .8883
LB
.8886 / .8847
DB
.8610 / .8567

*Mixon & Roberson both included in 2019 despite being in transport portal.
*Javeious Purvis & Dylan Lawrence' ratings included w/ linebackers - linebacker rating would be .8925 if they play different positions.
*Cam Dantzler is our worst rated DB by far (.8365) which shows how little this probably matters.

Interesting that the 2018 Defense has the worst overall composite rating since 2015 (2015 - .8714, 2016 - .8733, 2017 - .8781, 2018 - .8731, 2019 - .8750)

Cooterpoot
02-11-2019, 12:44 PM

And looks like folks are pointing out the flaw in your fan card- LOL
When people pick and choose what they want to see, it's all BS anyway.

chef dixon
02-11-2019, 12:52 PM
I?m all for racking up these kids early, especially in state guys that have not had a chance to get properly rated. Fact of the matter is 90% of these guys end up signing.

BuckyIsAB****
02-11-2019, 06:15 PM

I didnt say I hated you Im telling you that tenths of a point in recruiting rankings dont mean a damn thing and half the other stuff that we choose to be negative about dont matter either

dawgday166
02-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Interesting that the 2018 Defense has the worst overall composite rating since 2015 (2015 - .8714, 2016 - .8733, 2017 - .8781, 2018 - .8731, 2019 - .8750)

Nawww man. We were loaded on defense all over the place. It was Mullen's recruiting on offense that held us back *****

Seriously tho ... While we did have 3 studs on D ... 2 of those were 3* players. 1 was a 5*. I think this correlates to Shoop and his staff doing a much better job than Joe and his staff did IMO. What really surprised me were the injuries we sustained on the backend of the D and we didn't miss a beat. Hope Shoop can keep that up. And hope Joe (and his staff) can step it up.

Coursesuper
02-11-2019, 07:05 PM
This thread is full of yawn. Not jack shat can be done about it now, you can show up and watch or go work on lowering your handicap. Y?alls choice.

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 07:27 PM
I know half this board hates me

Whose fault is that? The thing is msstate7 you post more frequently than every single other poster AND you have very annoying personality/posting habits on top of it. So you maybe could listen to everyone that tells you to stop posting like a 17ing asshole all the time or you can just go on not giving a 17 that it annoys most of the human population and your end result is half the board hates you. Your choice but it's always been your choice and you just keep on keeping on which makes it worse than it already is. Either you stop posting so much or stop being an annoying asshole or everyone else will just talk to you like you're an annoying asshole. That's kinda how life works. Assholes police other assholes with words because they can't just punch each other in the face all the time.

msstate7
02-11-2019, 07:40 PM
Whose fault is that? The thing is msstate7 you post more frequently than every single other poster AND you have very annoying personality/posting habits on top of it. So you maybe could listen to everyone that tells you to stop posting like a 17ing asshole all the time or you can just go on not giving a 17 that it annoys most of the human population and your end result is half the board hates you. Your choice but it's always been your choice and you just keep on keeping on which makes it worse than it already is. Either you stop posting so much or stop being an annoying asshole or everyone else will just talk to you like you're an annoying asshole. That's kinda how life works. Assholes police other assholes with words because they can't just punch each other in the face all the time.
Do I strike you as a person that cares what people think of me? If so, you read me wrong

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 07:55 PM
Do I strike you as a person that cares what people think of me? If so, you read me wrong

You don't but you do strike me as a person that likes to whine all the time to the board about the board hating you. Wanna stop being an annoying **** all the time then I'll stop talking to you like you're an annoying **** all the time. Better yet stop posting so gawd damn much every single 17ing day of every single 17ing year that we are all on this planet. Find a hobby find a job find something ANYTHING else to lessen your damn frequency on this board.

msstate7
02-11-2019, 07:58 PM
You don't but you do strike me as a person that likes to whine all the time to the board about the board hating you. Wanna stop being an annoying **** all the time then I'll stop talking to you like you're an annoying **** all the time. Better yet stop posting so gawd damn much every single 17ing day of every single 17ing year that we are all on this planet. Find a hobby find a job find something ANYTHING else to lessen your damn frequency on this board.

Nah

dawgday166
02-11-2019, 08:00 PM
You don't but you do strike me as a person that likes to whine all the time to the board about the board hating you. Wanna stop being an annoying **** all the time then I'll stop talking to you like you're an annoying **** all the time. Better yet stop posting so gawd damn much every single minute of every single hour ofevery single 17ing day of every single 17ing year that we are all on this planet. Find a hobby find a job find something ANYTHING else to lessen your damn frequency on this board.

FIFY ***** LOL

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 08:30 PM
Nah

Then stop crying about the board not liking you.

maroonmania
02-11-2019, 09:21 PM

5. Ark .8900
6. Om .8882
7. State .8864

I don't even see why we care about decimal place differences anyway when apparently half the time or more when someone commits to MSU they automatically drop in the rankings or if they decommit from us MSU they suddenly go up in the rankings. You can get some general idea of how you did from the recruiting rankings but its obvious that the ratings are biased to the schools whose fans have the most subscriptions to the recruiting site.

Turfdawg67
02-11-2019, 09:38 PM

It's been a couple days since I've been on this board and in a moment of weakness (bored in a bar) I checked what was happening. Same ole bullsh*t... MS7 posting (2x everyone else) just to goad someone into a negative State discussion.

Turfdawg67
02-11-2019, 09:41 PM

Hahahaha!! You tell that whiney b*tch, 61!

Turfdawg67
02-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Is this the same MS7 over on SPS?? He'll root for a team with OM players and zero State players because he "goes to Memphis"?? What a Shark in disguise! Explains a WHOLE lot...

From an MS7 on SPS... I go to Memphis a good bit, so I'll probably pull for them [Memphis Express] as long as I have interest in this league

msstate7
02-11-2019, 10:32 PM
You got me. Great detective work.