PDA

View Full Version : Kyler Murray picks football...

Leroy Jenkins
02-11-2019, 02:28 PM
I want the guy to be happy.... but from the outside, it looks like he would be much more successful at MLB than as a 5'9" NFL QB prospect. Gotta go with your heart I guess. That took some stones.

ETA... if the plan is to take the NFL money and then bolt to MLB when he washes out, then it's a good plan.

msstate7
02-11-2019, 02:29 PM
He's gonna be a 1st rounder in the nfl. If it doesn't work out, he can try the A's. He's set either way

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2019, 02:45 PM
He's a top 15 likely top 10 pick.

msstate7
02-11-2019, 02:48 PM
He's a top 15 likely top 10 pick.

Don't doubt that at all. I think top 10 is a reach though by the team that does it

Tbonewannabe
02-11-2019, 02:52 PM
He is just going to take the big NFL signing bonus and then when he washes out of the league then jump to MLB. NFL is a lot quicker to big money. It takes a while to make big $$ in MLB if you ever get there. One of the rules they were suggesting was correcting how teams screw around with players clocks to becoming a Free Agent.

Kyler can have $10-$20 Mil before he would even see $1 Mil in MLB.

Ezsoil
02-11-2019, 03:33 PM
He is just going to take the big NFL signing bonus and then when he washes out of the league then jump to MLB. NFL is a lot quicker to big money. It takes a while to make big $$ in MLB if you ever get there. One of the rules they were suggesting was correcting how teams screw around with players clocks to becoming a Free Agent.

10-20 million before he sees $1 Mill in MLB???????? MAybe you didn't see that 5 million that he was offered with over half of it signing bonus....

YoungB
02-11-2019, 03:34 PM

This is the correct answer. If he can get a 1st round NFL signing bonus, then he should do that. If he quickly washes out, oh well, back to baseball.

MetEdDawg
02-11-2019, 03:39 PM
10-20 million before he sees $1 Mill in MLB???????? MAybe you didn't see that 5 million that he was offered with over half of it signing bonus....

He has to give back $1.3 of the $1.5 million he's already received and forfeit the other $3 million and change he was going to receive. So he gets about $20,000 from baseball for right now. So basically nothing.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2019, 03:50 PM
He has to give back $1.3 of the $1.5 million he's already received and forfeit the other $3 million and change he was going to receive. So he gets about $20,000 from baseball for right now. So basically nothing.

I'd like $200k of nothing right about now.

MetEdDawg
02-11-2019, 03:55 PM
I'd like $200k of nothing right about now.

Damn straight on that!

I think he's making a horrible career move though. Long term you look at how long athletic CFs stay around MLB. He can make millions just from his athleticism. In the NFL that isn't enough. And his size doesn't help him either. I think he's gonna have a tough time in the NFL. Short term money is good but long term money is way better.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Damn straight on that!

I think he's making a horrible career move though. Long term you look at how long athletic CFs stay around MLB. He can make millions just from his athleticism. In the NFL that isn't enough. And his size doesn't help him either. I think he's gonna have a tough time in the NFL. Short term money is good but long term money is way better.

I'm not sure he's a sure fire MLB guy either. Go ahead & get that $15-20mil guaranteed & see how it plays out. He's going to be an endorsement magnet early on too id bet.

Johnson85
02-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Damn straight on that!

You'd have to have some major stones to forego a $10M payday from the NFL right now in hopes that you can make the bigs and stay long enough later on to outearn that.

Granted he'd be fine either way as he'd have enough of a signing bonus in baseball to set him for life, but $5M over what, 6 or 7 years? Versus $10M over 4 years? If I were him, I'd probably take the $10M with the intention of quitting football at year 4 just b/c of the wear and tear on the body/brain and then going to try baseball.