PDA

View Full Version : Holmans recent play, summed up in a 15 sec video

DawgRockur
02-11-2019, 02:16 PM
https://v.groupme.com/2407870/2019-02-11T14:59:58Z/47a72ca1.320x568r.mp4

Not my video, but I?m sharing because this is pathetic and these are just two instances of many.

MarketingBully
02-11-2019, 02:23 PM
I have never seen in my entire life of watching basketball where a player uses the opposing player as a screener. No one can excuse this kid’s lack of effort on defense. In SEC play, he’s the worst defender I’ve ever seen in all of my days of playing and watching basketball.

Choctaw Dawg
02-11-2019, 02:26 PM
He sure tore it up in noncon play this year, then he started hearing the NBA draft analysis and got lazy with his play. pretty pathetic and I expect a lot more from a senior like him.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Its like he starts watching the ball and just forgets about everything going on around him.

Tbonewannabe
02-11-2019, 02:58 PM
He sure tore it up in noncon play this year, then he started hearing the NBA draft analysis and got lazy with his play. pretty pathetic and I expect a lot more from a senior like him.

He was blocking shots and being pretty aggressive. He looked like a late first round pick. Now he looks like he doesn't give a shit on defense. The bad thing is when Holman is giving a 100% effort on both ends of the floor that he is a difference maker. Unfortunately, he is a negative difference maker now.

tireddawg
02-11-2019, 03:50 PM

I don't understand this. If I were told I had a shot as a 1st rounder in the NBA, I'd be playing my tail off.

Johnson85
02-11-2019, 04:44 PM
https://v.groupme.com/2407870/2019-02-11T14:59:58Z/47a72ca1.320x568r.mp4

Not my video, but I?m sharing because this is pathetic and these are just two instances of many.

The first play was pretty awful. The second play, I'm not sure that was his fault. Guessing that was a screwup in communication about switching or not, so they inadvertently "trapped" when neither Holman nor whoever at the bottom of teh screen was ready to rotate.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Anyone heard that he has a serious prolonged illness? I overheard a student at the UK game say that was the word on campus. Again, this is literally hearsay so please take my post at face value.

CadaverDawg
02-11-2019, 05:06 PM
Anyone heard that he has a serious prolonged illness? I overheard a student at the UK game say that was the word on campus. Again, this is literally hearsay so please take my post at face value.

If true, how does a fan know this but Howland doesn't? If Howland does know, why play the guy? He's killing us so that should be a perfect reason to bench him. Not saying it's not true, I just find it hard to believe without Howland knowing. I'm thinking his illness is called "defense"

louisvilledawg
02-11-2019, 05:38 PM
If true, how does a fan know this but Howland doesn't? If Howland does know, why play the guy? He's killing us so that should be a perfect reason to bench him. Not saying it's not true, I just find it hard to believe without Howland knowing. I'm thinking his illness is called "defense"

Find it hard to believe that Howland didn't know he should've been playing Woodard more the last 3-4 games, but here we are.

Mjoelner34
02-11-2019, 06:08 PM
The first play was pretty awful. The second play, I'm not sure that was his fault. Guessing that was a screwup in communication about switching or not, so they inadvertently "trapped" when neither Holman nor whoever at the bottom of teh screen was ready to rotate.

His fault or not, any hustle at all and he would have at least been in contention to get the rebound on the missed layup.

BuckyIsAB****
02-11-2019, 06:19 PM
That rises my blood pressure just watching it. He should sit the bench till he wakes up.

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 06:28 PM
Someone awhile ago mentioned that Holman suffers from bad asthma. Not sure if true just relaying what was said here once before.

HoopsDawg
02-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Someone awhile ago mentioned that Holman suffers from bad asthma. Not sure if true just relaying what was said here once before.

Perry has asthma. Never heard that on Holman.

timotheus
02-11-2019, 06:54 PM
He wouldn't have made it but a year or so if Vic was his coach. I just wish the guys played with 50% of the defensive intensity that the women display.

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 07:01 PM
He wouldn't have made it but a year or so if Vic was his coach. I just wish the guys played with 50% of the defensive intensity that the women display.

Some of them are good defenders. The other half are not. I'd put Nick, Lamar, Ado, Woodard and Perry in the good defender side and Q, Holman, Carter on the poor defender side. If half your lineup at any one time is poor defenders the entire defense suffers.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-11-2019, 07:11 PM
I’ve heard Steve mention Howland has to manage Holman because of an illness but have never heard what it is.

Did Howland sign Holman?

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Did Howland sign Holman?

Yes Holman signed after Newman did and he was rated a 4* top 100 player.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Yes Holman signed after Newman did and he was rated a 4* top 100 player.

So out of the Howland singees, how many have lived up to their hype or didn’t transfer?

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 07:32 PM
So out of the Howland singees, how many have lived up to their hype or didn’t transfer?

Nick, Q, Carter, Perry, Woodard, Peters I'd say have all at least equaled their hype. Ado not yet but he still has two more years so he'll probably make it and probably will end up 2nd all-time at MSU for block shots.

missouridawg
02-11-2019, 09:43 PM
He had another play where a UK offensive players gets loose... misses a bunny... and Holman watches that player get an awkward rebound and put back while Holman h8mself stands at the free throw line admiring the UK players athleticism.

I defended Holman for a bit... but by the end of January it was clear that he just doesn?t have whatever it is.... he?s a liability and needs to be used like Feazell. Woodard needs all of his minutes going forward.

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 10:29 PM
Holman has Romelu Lukaku disease.**

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-11-2019, 11:42 PM
So out of the Howland singees, how many have lived up to their hype or didn?t transfer?

Main problem is lack of development- I think some have lived up to the hype but not because of Howland. Q has a solid career for a mid 4* recruit, but he's no better than he was as a Fr. Same for Peters and Nick. Holman and Carter have improved some but obviously neither has exploded under Howland.

Herrard, Datcher, Ado, now Holman.... whoever is coaching our big men needs to be fired

Lord McBuckethead
02-11-2019, 11:47 PM
I would argue that Feazel could be an amazing athlete out there. He does have at least two fouls called on him for moving screens each time he touches the court, but his guy isn't going to score 25 per game on him either.

Todd4State
02-12-2019, 01:12 AM
I don't understand why he plays as much as he does and Woodward and Perry sit as much as the do.

I know- dead horse. But it's still puzzling.

Between Holman's laziness and Peters whining on Twitter from time to time- that's a big reason why a lot of MSU fans are turned off by the Men's team.

It's seems like MSU's coaches especially in football and basketball play upperclassmen that shouldn't and don't hold them accountable enough at times. That may not be popular to say- but I think it's happened with Holman and Fitzgerald for at least half the season.