PDA

View Full Version : Todd Grantham

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2019, 11:10 AM
This would be a hit to Mullen. No doubt he's good at hiring but Grantham was easily his best DC

https://twitter.com/WillSammon/status/1094990629283815425

AlSwearengen
02-11-2019, 11:18 AM
I don’t know that I would say that Mullen is good at hiring. Florida makes it easier but.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-11-2019, 11:20 AM
Couldn’t happen to a better person.

RougeDawg
02-11-2019, 11:22 AM
Grantham saved his hopes of getting out of Starkville with a decent job offer. I would not shed a tear to watch Florida crumble this year after Grantham departs. F*ck Don and the way he handled things.

BrunswickDawg
02-11-2019, 11:24 AM
I had totally forgotten that Grantham was in the NFL for 10 years before UGA lured him back to college.

CadaverDawg
02-11-2019, 11:29 AM
It's Florida, watch them throw the bank at Shoop if Grantham leaves

dawgday166
02-11-2019, 11:35 AM
If Grantham doesn't stick with Mullen and Mullen keeps the revolving door at DC going ... he'll never win the SEC and probably won't win the East either.

Surely Shoop will be aware of how difficult it is to work for Mullen as a DC. This was as big or bigger impact to Mullen as his recruiting while at MSU.

mstatefan91
02-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Absolutely. Stricklin is just using us like a farm at this point..

TrapGame
02-11-2019, 11:36 AM

I can see that happening.

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 12:03 PM

If that happens Mullen will get the Tennessee version of Shoop. Karma is a bitch.

msstate7
02-11-2019, 12:06 PM
If that happens Mullen will get the Tennessee version of Shoop. Karma is a bitch.

Forget what happens to Florida. It would be absolute gut punch to us... we'd have lost pretty much all the key cogs of our staff

basedog
02-11-2019, 12:14 PM
Some of you guys must own "black helicopters", why even start this crap?

mparkerfd20
02-11-2019, 12:14 PM
If Grantham leaves we WILL lose Shoop to UF. Write it down.

yjnkdawg
02-11-2019, 12:24 PM

+ 1 Because it seems that some on here like to "speculate" on anything that can be potentially negative to our athletic program. It's pretty sad.

mstatefan91
02-11-2019, 12:29 PM
+ 1 Because it seems that some on here like to "speculate" on anything that can be potentially negative to our athletic program. It's pretty sad.

Discussing the football program and implications based on what other programs are doing is not sad. Florida has a habit of taking from us.. especially with Stricklin there.

StateDawg44
02-11-2019, 12:30 PM
Wait, so is Grantham's name actually being tossed around for a different position than at UF or is this thread strictly hypothetical?

AROB44
02-11-2019, 12:31 PM

Hell....they not only own them, they are constantly flying them!!!!

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Forget what happens to Florida. It would be absolute gut punch to us... we'd have lost pretty much all the key cogs of our staff

Infinite amount of future events that could happen that would suck. Also infinite that wouldn't suck. I don't worry about the first one I welcome the second.

msstate7
02-11-2019, 12:58 PM
Could sal sunseri be a candidate to go back to Florida as DC?

msbulldog
02-11-2019, 01:01 PM
Could sal sunseri be a candidate to go back to Florida as DC?

He's had his taste of Mullet, I suspect he would prefer a$$ chewings from lil' Nickie!

yjnkdawg
02-11-2019, 01:32 PM
Discussing the football program and implications based on what other programs are doing is not sad. Florida has a habit of taking from us.. especially with Stricklin there.

The sad thing is that nobody knows what FL is going to do, and there are not even rumors out there, but the speculation begins on anything detrimental to our football program. Strcklin being there doesn't mean anything. He doesn't call the shots for the FL football program. He's a puppet just like Bjork is at OM.

basedog
02-11-2019, 01:51 PM
The sad thing is that nobody knows what FL is going to do, and there are not even rumors out there, but the speculation begins on anything detrimental to our football program. Strcklin being there doesn't mean anything. He doesn't call the shots for the FL football program. He's a puppet just like Bjork is at OM.

Funny how Grantham's name is brought up in a possible NFL interview and immediately warning shots about Msu and losing a coach. I suppose the Black Helicopter was dropping leaflets all over Starkville with Shoop to FL. LMBO, just crazy!

mstatefan91
02-11-2019, 03:55 PM
Funny how Grantham's name is brought up in a possible NFL interview and immediately warning shots about Msu and losing a coach. I suppose the Black Helicopter was dropping leaflets all over Starkville with Shoop to FL. LMBO, just crazy!

I know! It's almost like FL has taken our coaches and players in recent history! Wow!

CadaverDawg
02-11-2019, 04:32 PM
Glad we've got all these negative police patrolling the board to make sure things stay positive. Maybe one day you'll get your wish and have a board full of high fiving and kumbaya. Facts be damned. Whether y'all want to discuss it or not, the recent trend of our people going to Florida and the fact that the two guys that would approve a new DC hire are former MSU guys....is relevant. Not black helicopters...facts. I guess we could all ignore that though and have a high five party instead.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-11-2019, 04:33 PM

Well at least we got past signing day.....whew***

Bothrops
02-11-2019, 04:38 PM

For some reason, I don't think that would happen. I hope Grantham takes the Bengals job for shits and giggles, but I doubt he will.

msu15
02-11-2019, 04:38 PM
Glad we've got all these negative police patrolling the board to make sure things stay positive. Maybe one day you'll get your wish and have a board full of high fiving and kumbaya. Facts be damned. Whether y'all want to discuss it or not, the recent trend of our people going to Florida and the fact that the two guys that would approve a new DC hire are former MSU guys....is relevant. Not black helicopters...facts. I guess we could all ignore that though and have a high five party instead.

You tried

mstatefan91
02-11-2019, 04:39 PM

Yeah. I don't know why people are getting upset about the possibility being discussed.. It is a discussion board and football is usually the #1 topic....

Saltydog
02-11-2019, 04:42 PM
I think he's a solid coordinator but his past track record shows some ups and downs and with the type of D we had this year I'm sure just about any D coordinator in the league could've done an admirable job with the talent we had. If you want to know how good Shoop is, next year will tell.

CadaverDawg
02-11-2019, 04:43 PM
Yeah. I don't know why people are getting upset about the possibility being discussed.. It is a discussion board and football is usually the #1 topic....

It's gotten ridiculous

CadaverDawg
02-11-2019, 04:45 PM
I think he's a solid coordinator but his past track record shows some ups and downs and with the type of D we had this year I'm sure just about any D coordinator in the league could've done an admiral job with the talent we had. If you want to know how good Shoop is, next year will tell.

I agree. Hard to knock what he did in 2018...but he did have a loaded depth chart. If we're going to wait to judge Joe, we probably should wait to judge Shoop too

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-11-2019, 04:55 PM
I think he's a solid coordinator but his past track record shows some ups and downs and with the type of D we had this year I'm sure just about any D coordinator in the league could've done an admiral job with the talent we had. If you want to know how good Shoop is, next year will tell.

Agreed!

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2019, 05:04 PM

Outside of his 2 years at TN he's had 6 years of P5 DC experience. All 6 years he's been in the Top 25 Total Defense. You can't do it but take away 2016-2017 off his resume he's a Top 5 DC in the country no questions asked.

mstatefan91
02-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Outside of his 2 years at TN he's had 6 years of P5 DC experience. All 6 years he's been in the Top 25 Total Defense. You can't do it but take away 2016-2017 off his resume he's a Top 5 DC in the country no questions asked.

I don't count 2016-2017.. Butch wrecked that program.. crazy thing is that UT is always only a couple of recruiting cycles away from being nationally relevant.. they've just had incompetent leadership

CadaverDawg
02-11-2019, 05:08 PM

Good stats. I hope he keeps it up, and I hope we lock him down when he does

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2019, 05:10 PM
Good stats. I hope he keeps it up, and I hope we lock him down when he does

I'm glad we didn't wait til then to lock him down.

msstate7
02-11-2019, 05:11 PM
I don't count 2016-2017.. Butch wrecked that program.. crazy thing is that UT is always only a couple of recruiting cycles away from being nationally relevant.. they've just had incompetent leadership

2016 wasn't a train wreck at tenn. They won 9 games, just like in 2015

CadaverDawg
02-11-2019, 05:17 PM
I'm glad we didn't wait til then to lock him down.

Me too. Just gotta keep locking him up.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Me too. Just gotta keep locking him up.

Agreed

DancingRabbit
02-11-2019, 05:26 PM
This thread is a good example of the current psychology of online MSU fans.

I don't know what happened, be we be cray cray.

Commercecomet24
02-11-2019, 05:33 PM

Good stuff as always! Shoops a dang good dc and the man worked wonders with our secondary! That's the best secondary play I've seen in a long while!

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 06:20 PM

Just cause the last girlfriend left you doesn't mean the new one will but constantly thinking she will and treating her like she's going to actually makes it more likely to happen. It ain't sunshines and rainbows some of us want it's for the sky is falling crowd to realize they're actually making future events they don't want to happen more likely to happen by bitching about past events and translating them as the expected future outcome in the next similar scenario all the time.

dawgday166
02-11-2019, 06:59 PM

He top 10 again next year ... pay him same as HC. He does it again the next year ... pay whatever it takes to keep him here for life.

MarketingBully
02-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Why are you idiots talking about Shoop going to Florida if Grantham goes to the NFL? What connection does Shoop have to either Mullen or Florida to make that a destination for him? If Grantham goes, I’d say there is a 10% chance Shoop goes to Florida. It doesn’t make sense.

MarketingBully
02-11-2019, 07:11 PM
This thread is a good example of the current psychology of online MSU fans.

I don't know what happened, be we be cray cray.

Agreed. The negative people are the loudest voices this year and it?s annoying as hell.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Infinite amount of future events that could happen that would suck. Also infinite that wouldn't suck. I don't worry about the first one I welcome the second.

Like the catching position on the MSU baseball team?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-11-2019, 07:24 PM
He top 10 again next year ... pay him same as HC. He does it again the next year ... pay whatever it takes to keep him here for life.

Lol money isn?t the problem. Some things about Starkville are.

dawgday166
02-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Lol money isn?t the problem. Some things about Starkville are.

That could be and probably is to some folks. But doubling his current salary might make up for those things. Not sure how Shoop feels about Starkville.

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Like the catching position on the MSU baseball team?

Have some negative rep for trying to thread hijack this topic

TrapGame
02-11-2019, 07:30 PM

If he puts us in the top 10 next year after our drop off on the DL he'll deserve it.

dawgday166
02-11-2019, 07:33 PM
If he puts us in the top 10 next year after our drop off on the DL he'll deserve it.

Exactly. He had Simmons this year but he coached up most of the others, including Sweat and Abram (not that they weren't pretty damn good anyway). Our best corner was a 3*. Our best starting LB was a 3*. Both turned into studs.

And his game plans were damn good too. We ain't #1 D with Grantham as DC IMO.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-11-2019, 07:33 PM

What rank admiral are we talking about? A rear admiral? Vice? Four star?

RougeDawg
02-11-2019, 09:15 PM
Why are you idiots talking about Shoop going to Florida if Grantham goes to the NFL? What connection does Shoop have to either Mullen or Florida to make that a destination for him? If Grantham goes, I?d say there is a 10% chance Shoop goes to Florida. It doesn?t make sense.

I think it?s just the recurring Benedict Loafers Arnold poaching his alma mater whenever he is desperate, that has people rightfully worried.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-11-2019, 10:03 PM
Have some negative rep for trying to thread hijack this topic

Lol you’re such a ***** who hates to get called out. I’ve said a lot of stupid shit on this site and no one other than you has given me and felt the need to give me a negative mark. It’s a thread about unicorns, I’ll hijack if I want to.

Dawg61
02-11-2019, 10:25 PM
Lol you’re such a ***** who hates to get called out. I’ve said a lot of stupid shit on this site and no one other than you has given me and felt the need to give me a negative mark. It’s a thread about unicorns, I’ll hijack if I want to.

Haha well since I got blasted for getting pulled into a thread by Homiedawg making a similar remark as yours it seems like the appropriate action now for others that bring up the 8th grader recruiting strategy/Skelton catching topic directed towards me. The action isn't so much about you as it is to deter others from making similar snide remark towards me to bring the dead horse topic back up again in different threads.

mstatefan91
02-12-2019, 12:19 AM
2016 wasn't a train wreck at tenn. They won 9 games, just like in 2015

Ahh fair enough

mstatefan91
02-12-2019, 12:24 AM
Agreed. The negative people are the loudest voices this year and it?s annoying as hell.

Discussing a possibility is not inherently negative.. this is a simplistic view point..... coaches leave for "greener" pastures all of the damn time. That's the business.. Tack on that a certain former shithead AD has made a habit of poaching coaches from us... yeah, it's a thread.

Todd4State
02-12-2019, 01:15 AM
Discussing a possibility is not inherently negative.. this is a simplistic view point..... coaches leave for "greener" pastures all of the damn time. That's the business.. Tack on that a certain former shithead AD has made a habit of poaching coaches from us... yeah, it's a thread.

Besides Mullen- who else has left for Florida since Stricklin has been there?

That said- I don't think Shoop will leave for Florida although Florida certainly may try.

mstatefan91
02-12-2019, 01:54 AM
Besides Mullen- who else has left for Florida since Stricklin has been there?

That said- I don't think Shoop will leave for Florida although Florida certainly may try.

I'm counting assistants as well which is a bit petty on my part...

Have we not lost someone more recent? I feel like we have.. maybe I'm dead wrong

Todd4State
02-12-2019, 02:41 AM
I'm counting assistants as well which is a bit petty on my part...

Have we not lost someone more recent? I feel like we have.. maybe I'm dead wrong

I know back in the day Pat McMahon and Andy Jackson went to Florida from MSU but that wasn't Stricklin's doing. Geoff Collins went there as DC too but again before Stricklin.

Unless I'm mistaken I think it has just been Dan and his support staff since Stricklin became their AD.

basedog
02-12-2019, 09:21 AM
+1, maybe a tennis coach years ago, but to think an ex cheerleader raids Msu coaches was so wrong by a few on here.

yjnkdawg
02-12-2019, 09:29 AM

They are always the loudest, and that's why there is a misconception by some that they represent the majority of the MSU fan base. Which they don't. I also agree on the annoying, and add pathetic to it too.

yjnkdawg
02-12-2019, 09:33 AM
Discussing a possibility is not inherently negative.. this is a simplistic view point..... coaches leave for "greener"
pastures all of the damn time. That's the business.. Tack on that a certain former shithead AD has made a habit of poaching coaches from us... yeah, it's a thread.

LOL Some of ya'll give Stricklin a lot more power in the athletic department at UF than he actually has.

yjnkdawg
02-12-2019, 10:08 AM

But that's one thing we always get first on ED. Pure speculation (from those in the know***) on something that is going to happen bad in our athletic program.

I seen it dawg
02-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Good job

msstate7
02-14-2019, 10:47 AM
He's staying put

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/todd-grantham-turns-down-bengals/ar-BBTAomF

mstatefan91
02-14-2019, 12:03 PM
He's staying put

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/todd-grantham-turns-down-bengals/ar-BBTAomF

Why did Mullen have to find DC stability with Grantham?

Tbonewannabe
02-14-2019, 12:08 PM
That could be and probably is to some folks. But doubling his current salary might make up for those things. Not sure how Shoop feels about Starkville.

That would make him the highest paid DC in the country. As of right now, I think with Bulldog Club chipping in that he is a top 10-15 in salary.

Tbonewannabe
02-14-2019, 12:08 PM
+1, maybe a tennis coach years ago, but to think an ex cheerleader raids Msu coaches was so wrong by a few on here.

UF took Pat McMahon also right before the tennis coach.

basedog
02-14-2019, 12:13 PM
UF took Pat McMahon also right before the tennis coach.

Many years ago. Polk was the cause of him leaving mostly and His in laws lived close and I want to say one of them had some health issues.

Bothrops
02-14-2019, 01:07 PM
I knew Don wasn't gonna lose him at Florida

BB30
02-14-2019, 01:17 PM
Haha well since I got blasted for getting pulled into a thread by Homiedawg making a similar remark as yours it seems like the appropriate action now for others that bring up the 8th grader recruiting strategy/Skelton catching topic directed towards me. The action isn't so much about you as it is to deter others from making similar snide remark towards me to bring the dead horse topic back up again in different threads.

Are you threatening people with "hurting their internet Cred"? Ha ha. Wow.

Tbonewannabe
02-14-2019, 01:44 PM
Many years ago. Polk was the cause of him leaving mostly and His in laws lived close and I want to say one of them had some health issues.

How did Polk cause him to leave? Polk was at UGA at the time but supposedly LT begged him to come back home. I do remember one of the in-laws having health issues was supposed to be the reason for the move to UF.

dawgday166
02-14-2019, 02:16 PM
He's staying put

Wow ... Mullen held onto a DC.

dawgday166
02-14-2019, 02:18 PM
That would make him the highest paid DC in the country. As of right now, I think with Bulldog Club chipping in that he is a top 10-15 in salary.

If he's top 10 the next 2 years at MSU ... he should be the top paid DC in the country IMO.

basedog
02-14-2019, 03:49 PM
How did Polk cause him to leave? Polk was at UGA at the time but supposedly LT begged him to come back home. I do remember one of the in-laws having health issues was supposed to be the reason for the move to UF.

Polk was at pretty much every practice when Pat took over. I had a friend whose son played for Pat, he told me Pat was pissed off cause Polk was interfering or meddling with the kids. Polk retired before he took the Ga job.

msstate7
02-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Wow ... Mullen held onto a DC.

Much easier to do at a top rung program

HoopsDawg
02-14-2019, 04:36 PM
Much easier to do a top rung program

yes, but it also shows it's better to give a guy a raise before he is offered another job rather than afterwards.

TrapGame
02-14-2019, 04:40 PM

I think Mullen has finally learned to keep his nose out of the defense.

dawgday166
02-14-2019, 04:52 PM

That's probably cause Mullen's happier and not being a d*** and blaming Grantham for the losses.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-14-2019, 07:12 PM
I think Mullen has finally learned to keep his nose out of the defense.

I seriously doubt that. Besides, if Dopey Dan dressed down Grantham like he has other DCs, I think Grantham would knock Johnny Hev TFO and say to Dan he?s next.

RougeDawg
02-15-2019, 12:58 AM
Polk was at pretty much every practice when Pat took over. I had a friend whose son played for Pat, he told me Pat was pissed off cause Polk was interfering or meddling with the kids. Polk retired before he took the Ga job.

Polk was definitely a meddler and tried to prevent any MSU coach from surpassing his fraudulent reputation. You can Cash that check.