PDA

View Full Version : Never expected to see this in my lifetime...

Rick Cleveland
02-10-2019, 06:45 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2019/02/10/this-was-all-statement-dogs-clobber-vols-as-no-sec-team-ever-has-done-before/

West Tn Dawg
02-10-2019, 06:50 PM
And it would have been by 30 if not for the Gimme 2 pts they scored at the end. WOW!!!! PTLGD's!!!

Todd4State
02-10-2019, 07:43 PM
Having been at the Women's Game when we played UT and lost on some Kara Lawson free throws after a questionable call in 1998 I think- I don't believe it either.

We need to find our Vic Shaeffer for football.

bulldawg28
02-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Nice write up.

klong-dog
02-10-2019, 10:51 PM
I think Lawson beat us like 3 times at the buzzer during her time at UT.

Pit Bull
02-11-2019, 12:30 AM
When I saw Big T diving for loose balls on the floor several times.....I was thinking to myself......Damnnnnnnn!!!....that gal is focused!! We had two ladies with Double-Doubles. Big T and Anriel Howard. That's pretty special. Mizzou will be tough, TAMU tougher. SC has an easy route to the last game when they play us. I expect that game will be for the SEC regular season crown and the #1 seed.

shoeless joe
02-11-2019, 07:32 AM
Hey rick...I hope LT picked up the check at dooey’s...

MedDawg
02-11-2019, 10:23 AM
When I saw Big T diving for loose balls on the floor several times.....I was thinking to myself......Damnnnnnnn!!!....that gal is focused!! We had two ladies with Double-Doubles. Big T and Anriel Howard. That's pretty special. Mizzou will be tough, TAMU tougher. SC has an easy route to the last game when they play us. I expect that game will be for the SEC regular season crown and the #1 seed.

And that was towards the end of the game where T played 37 minutes. Her energy is much improved over the Marquette/Oregon part of the schedule.

The whole team looks better. So much movement and excellent play from everyone on the floor. When we lost to Oregon and almost lost to Marquette our main weakness was the opponent on offense drawing T away from the goal and the opponent driving for easy layups. I'm not sure how we fixed it but that hasn't been a problem for many games. Might be as simple as T playing with a lot more energy now.

smootness
02-11-2019, 10:34 AM
We need to find our Vic Shaeffer for football.

We need to find arguably the best coach in the country? Agreed.

mstatefan91
02-11-2019, 10:42 AM
I have to admit that MSU women's basketball was not even on my radar 5 years ago.. Now, I don't miss a game whether in person or on tv.. It is really special what Vic Schaefer has done and is doing with this program.

Bodawg
02-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Coach Vic and the ladies have been the hottest team at State for several years. Nothing new for us.

Bodawg
02-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Great write up Rick. 10,000 plus for a women's game shows how much we appreciate this team. Just wish the men would play with the same intensity.

smootness
02-11-2019, 11:30 AM

SC has basically no shot at a 1 seed. Or did you mean the SECT?

mstatefan91
02-11-2019, 11:34 AM
SC has basically no shot at a 1 seed. Or did you mean the SECT?

How does a tie break work in that instance?? If we both finish the SEC regular season with just a loss to the other team.. both coming on the road. I guess that's a truly shared title?

smootness
02-11-2019, 12:39 PM
How does a tie break work in that instance?? If we both finish the SEC regular season with just a loss to the other team.. both coming on the road. I guess that's a truly shared title?

It would be a coin flip.

But it won't come to that, we won't lose to them.