PDA

View Full Version : Lady Bulldogs vs Lady Volunteers

RocketDawg
02-10-2019, 01:05 PM
I won't get to see the game live ... we're going to see a Broadway play (The Kind and I) that starts at 1 this afternoon, so I'll have to watch the recording when I get back.

Should be a full house for this one. Remember ... until a couple of years ago, we'd never beaten their team. Now we have a few in a row and need to keep that winning streak alive.

msbulldog
02-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Have fun Rocket, I know your wife is making you go LOL!

West Tn Dawg
02-10-2019, 01:40 PM
We had planned to travel down from NW TN today for the game but with this weather we decided against it. PTLGD's!!!!!!!!!!

TNDawg35
02-10-2019, 02:31 PM
Mullen ain’t got shit on Vic’s shoes today!!!

Cooterpoot
02-10-2019, 02:32 PM
Refs letting TN pound on us.

maroonmania
02-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Laying some big time bricks on our 3 point attempts.

Cooterpoot
02-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Our inability to shoot it is going to make this a tough game. This is why we aren’t a Final 4 team.

Pit Bull
02-10-2019, 02:37 PM
Laying some big time bricks on our 3 point attempts.

This is where the loss of Bibby hurts.....feel sure she would have made at least one of those 3 bricks Hunter threw up.

CadaverDawg
02-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Our inability to shoot it is going to make this a tough game. This is why we aren’t a Final 4 team.

Totally agree. Vivians & Roshunda were difference makers from the outside. This year, teams can leave us open from 3 and collapse on T. It's why I think we make a Sweet 16-ish exit this year. We just have no outside shooters.

Anybody know if Vic has any sharp shooters coming in?

maroonmania
02-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Meanwhile TN is raining 3s. This TN team actually looks like a pretty decent team. Hard to believe they have been so bad in SEC play.

Percho
02-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Look people. If this was SC last year their big girl would have already shot 25 free throws. MSU gets 0 respect from officials. James Hardin would have already shot 20 plus free throws. It is officiating.

Davis is very good. BTW

Big T does not get her hands on the ball without being fouled.

Dawg2003
02-10-2019, 02:52 PM
Meanwhile TN is raining 3s. This TN team actually looks like a pretty decent team. Hard to believe they have been so bad in SEC play.

They aren't terrible. They haven't gotten completely pummeled by anyone. They typically stay in games until the 4th quarter against better teams. They have 6 McDonald's AA, so that alone will keep them in games. They're just TN, so people expect a lot better. But they've lost some buzzer beaters.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-10-2019, 02:56 PM

Maybe not, but not bad after losing 8 starters in last 2 years.

parabrave
02-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Well with out less than 50% FG shooting and just sloppy play the last 5 mins of the half I would say there is some attitude adjustment going on in the lockerroom.

LC Dawg
02-10-2019, 03:19 PM
Women seem to be sleepwalking through this game. I'll bet they pull away in the 4th.

dogshiek
02-10-2019, 03:20 PM
Danbury breaking ankles.

BorneDawg
02-10-2019, 03:23 PM
score?

maroonmania
02-10-2019, 03:24 PM
This is basically MSU vs Rania Davis

maroonmania
02-10-2019, 03:25 PM
score?

57-49 Dogs.

BorneDawg
02-10-2019, 03:28 PM
Thanks

maroonmania
02-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Dang, how many last second 3 ball shots can one team get to fall? One to end the 2nd, one to end the 3rd and a couple of others with the shot clock going to zero.

maroonmania
02-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Well at least we get those 3 points back.

maroonmania
02-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Lady Dogs up by 19 now at 70-51

msbulldog
Totally agree. Vivians & Roshunda were difference makers from the outside. This year, teams can leave us open from 3 and collapse on T. It's why I think we make a Sweet 16-ish exit this year. We just have no outside shooters.

Anybody know if Vic has any sharp shooters coming in?

Got a McDonalds All American signed Rickea Jackson 6"2" wing #9 ranking in nation 5 star.

USJN-July 2018: Athletic, versatile perimeter prospect drains jumpers to the arc; cleans the glass and attacks coast-to-coast in transition game; manufactures shots, rises on jumper in mid-range game with body control to rim; a shot maker that yields results; coveted prospect in the class of 2019. (Olson)

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/222136

Cooterpoot
Scott really giving us a boost. Danberry looks like AI at times.

msbulldog
02-10-2019, 03:36 PM

Won the last 3 12-1 in pre SEC.

LC Dawg
02-10-2019, 03:46 PM
That escalated quickly.

BorneDawg
02-10-2019, 03:51 PM
AI?

CadaverDawg
02-10-2019, 03:51 PM
Got a McDonalds All American signed Rickea Jackson 6"2" wing #9 ranking in nation 5 star.

USJN-July 2018: Athletic, versatile perimeter prospect drains jumpers to the arc; cleans the glass and attacks coast-to-coast in transition game; manufactures shots, rises on jumper in mid-range game with body control to rim; a shot maker that yields results; coveted prospect in the class of 2019. (Olson)

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/222136

Nice, thanks

BorneDawg
02-10-2019, 03:52 PM
Score?

CadaverDawg
02-10-2019, 03:52 PM
What happened? I look away when we're up 6, come back & we're up 25+?! Wow

parabrave
02-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Scott really giving us a boost. Danberry looks like AI at times.

And Scott didn't get any fouls. She normally is good for 2-3 a game.

BorneDawg
02-10-2019, 03:54 PM
Nice, thanks

Seen where Vic visited a girl in Houston, Ms the other day . anyone know anything about her

LC Dawg
02-10-2019, 04:02 PM
I think this team is an Elite 8 team and then it will be about who the opponent is and whether we can play as well as we are capable. Hopefully Espinoza-Hunter keeps improving. We need her outside shots to fall. Scott is tough and can add points from the bench but she is basically our entire bench and Vic doesn't seem like he is going to try to change that.

mstatefan91
02-10-2019, 04:05 PM
Schaefer has a system and it is really shining due to the talent he is getting to buy in. We blew them out because we were in better shape. UT players were tired in the 4th and our ladies looked like they could play another game.

Dawg2003
02-10-2019, 04:05 PM

Holly had her typical 4th quarter collapse.

Bdawg
02-10-2019, 04:11 PM
Schaefer has a system and it is really shining due to the talent he is getting to buy in. We blew them out because we were in better shape. UT players were tired in the 4th and our ladies looked like they could play another game.

Vic just = STUD

mstatefan91
02-10-2019, 04:12 PM
Holly had her typical 4th quarter collapse.

Her players just gave up after that 3 didn't count to close the 3rd quarter.. then they just got out hustled.

Pit Bull
02-10-2019, 04:26 PM

Same here, I laid down and shut my eyes for a brief moment and look up to see we've blown them out.....didn't take long. We still lack some serious outside shooting and I think future teams will copy UT's game plan on double and triple teaming Big T and taking their chances we wont be able to knock down outside shots. But, teams will have to do that for the whole 40 minutes....as we went crazy in just a matter of minutes to put the game out of hand. It appears mostly we did it driving the basket. There were a few 3's that helped, but we just aren't prolific like we used to be.

mstatefan91
02-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Same here, I laid down and shut my eyes for a brief moment and look up to see we've blown them out.....didn't take long. We still lack some serious outside shooting and I think future teams will copy UT's game plan on double and triple teaming Big T and taking their chances we wont be able to knock down outside shots. But, teams will have to do that for the whole 40 minutes....as we went crazy in just a matter of minutes to put the game out of hand. It appears mostly we did it driving the basket. There were a few 3's that helped, but we just aren't prolific like we used to be.

Only one team has been able to succeed in this game plan so far this season and it took us traveling across two time zones and essentially playing at midnight on a weeknight... I do worry about our trip to South Carolina but outside of that, it is likely smooth sailing until the sweet 16/elite 8 (barring injuries)

Dawg2003
02-10-2019, 05:51 PM
Only one team has been able to succeed in this game plan so far this season and it took us traveling across two time zones and essentially playing at midnight on a weeknight... I do worry about our trip to South Carolina but outside of that, it is likely smooth sailing until the sweet 16/elite 8 (barring injuries)

Our offense is not why we lost to Oregon. Vic made a bad decision to keep us in man to man, and Danberry fouled out at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Defensive strategy lost us that game. I don't know if we'd beat them, but Vic has gotten more flexible by playing a matchup zone and pulling them out of the press during the South Carolina and UGA games.

mstatefan91
02-10-2019, 06:23 PM
Our offense is not why we lost to Oregon. Vic made a bad decision to keep us in man to man, and Danberry fouled out at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Defensive strategy lost us that game. I don't know if we'd beat them, but Vic has gotten more flexible by playing a matchup zone and pulling them out of the press during the South Carolina and UGA games.

While this is true, we also struggled to score that night outside of Anriel. She went off and everybody else contributed in spots. That was due to them locking Tierra down and forcing us to shoot outside. Anriel nearly won that game for us in that stretch 4 position.

RocketDawg
02-10-2019, 07:31 PM
Have fun Rocket, I know your wife is making you go LOL!

You were absolutely right. I didn't know what to expect with that play (heard of it all my life), and it was nothing like I expected and worse than I expected. I like live plays but not that one. I don't know how it ever becamse so famous.

While we were at the VBC, we bought Sarah McLachlan concert tickets. I like her music, and wife doesn't care for it, so it all balances out.

First thing I did when we got in was watch the game. That was quite a fourth quarter. Danberry was outstanding, along with McGowan. And AEH finally hit a 3 toward the end. :)

RocketDawg
02-10-2019, 07:35 PM
Women seem to be sleepwalking through this game. I'll bet they pull away in the 4th.

Excellent prediction.

maroonmania
02-10-2019, 07:39 PM
You were absolutely right. I didn't know what to expect with that play (heard of it all my life), and it was nothing like I expected and worse than I expected. I like live plays but not that one. I don't know how it ever becamse so famous.

First thing I did when we got in was watch the game. That was quite a fourth quarter. Danberry was outstanding, along with McGowan. And AEH finally hit a 3 toward the end. :)

Scott hit a couple of 3s as well. AEH and Scott are really going to have our 3 point threats with Howard hitting a few here and there as well.