PDA

View Full Version : The Bama game Tues night

klong-dog
02-10-2019, 10:42 AM
This game is now the most important game we've had in many years. It's another 8pm start. I was at the LSU & Kentucky games. I haven't s looked or seen the actual attendance numbers, I'm guessing the LSU game was between 6 - 6.5k. & UK 7.5 - 8k. We are getting pretty close that bubble line, with a loss to Bama at home, we'll be right on it, imo... And will really put pressure on us from here on out. @UT & @AU obviously are two likely losses. The game @upig will not be easy, even though they're not great. If their young shooters get hot and their long big man could give us fits down low. It makes this game Tues night huge. We obviously haven't matched up well with Bama's physicality the last several years. Can we draw 7K+ on a Tues at 8 pm? After coming off 2 home straight losses?

DawgRockur
02-10-2019, 10:49 AM
There will be 5k Tuesday night, sad to say. We will be 2 of those.

wild_dawg
02-10-2019, 11:27 AM
I'll be there. Huge game. I think we'll have around 6k, with a good student crowd.

Dawg2003
02-10-2019, 11:47 AM
It's almost as if that South Carolina game mattered. But that's impossible because I was told it wasn't a big deal we lost it.

MarketingBully
02-10-2019, 11:54 AM
We are currently 3 games out of 4th place and currently tied for ninth. Alabama IS a must win game. We no longer have any wiggle room whatsoever. The next five games will define this season. We will be favored in all of them. Have to win all five.

WSOPdawg
02-10-2019, 12:00 PM
I love the Dogs, but apologies for no longer choosing to be invested in their success. I hope they win and make a run in the Big Dance (but my physical presence at the game will not determine the outcome).

If it's not Lamar starting the game off with a lazy-ass pass that Tremont Waters steps in front for a quick deuce the other way not 15 seconds into the game (which the entire team is guilty of lazy passes and don't value possessions), it's Q continuously thinking he's the best slicer to the basket in the history of the game only to repeatedly turn the ball over (most of the time in crunch time).

If it's not Howland forgetting to play his bench (primarily Woodard) in the 2nd half against the must-win game against LSU, It's Holman choosing not to play defense EVER (and Howland's dumb thought process for repeatedly putting him out there thinking he WILL begin to play defense).

Again, I love the Dogs, but am pretty sure I've seen my last in-person men's game at the Hump this year. Now Coach Vic's team (which plays tough-ass D, leads the nation in assist-to-turnover ratio, values possessions, plays as a team) is a different story.

Cooterpoot
02-10-2019, 01:09 PM
MBB is dead. It?s up to the team to fix that. Fans are tired of and bored with the same poor play, lack of discipline, and bad coaching. They can prove us all wrong by fixing those things. But they won?t.

MarketingBully
02-10-2019, 01:22 PM
MBB is dead. It?s up to the team to fix that. Fans are tired of and bored with the same poor play, lack of discipline, and bad coaching. They can prove us all wrong by fixing those things. But they won?t.

Howland can start by limiting the shit out of Holman’s minutes. It’s as simple as that.

LC Dawg
02-10-2019, 02:08 PM

Yep, and the success of the women and the excitement of the new baseball stadium are going to make it even harder to win back the fans.

maroonmania
02-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Yep, if we lose a 3rd home game in a row, I see no way to get to 9-9 which is what we need to make sure we get into the NCAA tournament.

msstate7
02-10-2019, 02:46 PM
76-68 state

MarketingBully
02-10-2019, 03:24 PM
76-68 state

Agree Msstate7, we will beat Bama on Tuesday. They aren’t nearly the basketball teams LSU and UK are and Bama isn’t good on the road.

Renardo Sidney
02-10-2019, 03:30 PM
Big chance to finish the season on a hot streak going into tournament play. The schedule isn’t quite as tough as the first half.

RougeDawg
02-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Agree Msstate7, we will beat Bama on Tuesday. They aren?t nearly the basketball teams LSU and UK are and Bama isn?t good on the road.

LSU isn?t a great team. They have had to eeek our 4-5 wins last second against a horrible conference SOS. I?ll say it for the 1800th time. If this this team plays like they want to be there and gives effort they can beat anyone. The 2nd half against Kentucky proves that. The only real issue this team is effort and wanting to play. If they play 75% of potential and give full effort, we most likely are sitting at 0-1 in conference and a top 10 ranking. Instead they play hard about 20-25 minutes a game and we are sitting at 4-6. Anyone can see that this one fix would result in many more wins.

BuckyIsAB****
02-11-2019, 12:15 PM
We will win bc thats what this program does. Do just enough to stay alive then crush your dreams again and again

louisvilledawg
02-11-2019, 12:26 PM
Donte Hall CANNOT have a game Tuesday like he did last time we played. Almost 20 points to go along with 7 boards, 2 blocks, 2 assists, and a steal.

Also, they had all the points in the paint. Can't have that happen again.

StarkVegasSteve
02-11-2019, 01:00 PM
6-2 over the last 8 gets you in the tournament. That means we can't have any dumb losses because TN and Auburn are the two built in losses. 22-9 overall and 10-8 in conference should be plenty to get us in. Honestly there's no reason we couldn't go 7-1 because I don't believe Auburn is playing that well right now, but it's damn near impossible to win in that arena.

sleepy dawg
02-11-2019, 01:54 PM
Seems like almost every game we have someone says it's the most important game we've had and it's a must win. Every game is important, but there isn't a single must-win game. We should win the game, but it will likely be close.

msstate7
02-11-2019, 01:56 PM
Seems like almost every game we have someone says it's the most important game we've had and it's a must win. Every game is important, but there isn't a single must-win game. We should win the game, but it will likely be close.

Well to be fair, losing the previous 2 home games raised the stakes for this game. Lose this one, and there is zero margin for error with trips to auburn and tenn on the schedule. I don't think we wanna enter selection Sunday less than 9-9

sleepy dawg
02-11-2019, 02:44 PM
Well to be fair, losing the previous 2 home games raised the stakes for this game. Lose this one, and there is zero margin for error with trips to auburn and tenn on the schedule. I don't think we wanna enter selection Sunday less than 9-9

I completely agree with that statement and it won't be good if we lose. I'm just saying it's not as black and white as many seem to claim.

MarketingBully
02-11-2019, 02:46 PM

We go 6-2 if Holman < 10 minutes a game. Did you guys see him set a screen for Hagans on Nick Weatherspoon against Kentucky? The video is on the board. The second example was pure laziness and what’s worse is Richards missed the layup was too far under the goal and was able to get his own rebound because Holman didn’t follow him down and block him out. If Holman blocks him out Woodard gets the rebound there.