PDA

View Full Version : Opening Weekend at Dudy-Noble Field is going to be EPIC!

Todd4State
02-09-2019, 09:11 PM
https://hailstate.com/news/2019/2/9/baseball-event-schedule-announced-for-opening-of-new-dudy-noble-field.aspx

CLARK! PALMEIRO! BRANTLEY! POLK! KIDS RUN THE BASES!

TNDawg35
02-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Here’s the next question, does Rooker get a statue for winning the triple Crown?

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-09-2019, 09:41 PM
Settle down Todd. You don't get to run the bases. It's just for the younger kids. Not the kids our age.

Howboutdemdogs
02-09-2019, 09:41 PM
You are right Todd, the line up and festivities are classic! So glad we will be taking part in most of it.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-09-2019, 09:43 PM
Here?s the next question, does Rooker get a statue for winning the triple Crown?

Probably in the same time frame that Raffy got his. This place will be a dump by then.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-09-2019, 09:44 PM
Queston; where is the Polk ring of honor plaque going to be?

ShotgunDawg
02-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Here’s the next question, does Rooker get a statue for winning the triple Crown?

If he puts up HOF numbers, I'm sure they'll consider

msbulldog
02-09-2019, 10:08 PM
Let's all be very Proud that our Alma Mater has the best in the college baseball nation, Hail State!

Liverpooldawg
02-09-2019, 10:35 PM
My guess is there will be plenty of bitching about it here. It's not much of a guess actually, given this thread so far.

ZedFedder
02-09-2019, 10:51 PM
Side question. Saw reports that’s Eric Cerantola was in the mid to high 90s today. Is that true?

weblow
02-09-2019, 11:00 PM
Side question. Saw reports that’s Eric Cerantola was in the mid to high 90s today. Is that true?

Yes. Looked really sharp and was mid to upper 90’s. I will say our gun was juiced last year. I was told it would be dialed in and accurate when the season started so don’t know if the adjustment has been made yet or not. Bottom line, the kid looked really good.

Goldendawg
02-09-2019, 11:28 PM
Glad Polk is included. Maybe he has mellowed out and things will go well with him.

Homedawg
02-09-2019, 11:29 PM

What rooker did was amazing, truly. But he didn't have the career Ralph did. Not close.

Homedawg
02-09-2019, 11:30 PM
Glad Polk is included. Maybe he has mellowed out and things will go well with him.

He's fine now. Trust me.

AlSwearengen
02-09-2019, 11:32 PM
Yes. Looked really sharp and was mid to upper 90’s. I will say our gun was juiced last year. I was told it would be dialed in and accurate when the season started so don’t know if the adjustment has been made yet or not. Bottom line, the kid looked really good.

I was reading that he had a little trouble throwing strikes. Only gave up one walk though and no hits with 2 K’s. They have supposedly been bringing him along slowly, trying to get his body adjusted to beginning earlier in the year than he is used to. That is new to me but whatever. It is sounding like he is not too far away from being ready to contribute. Could be the kind of pitcher that is rolling 2/3 of the way through the season.

Todd4State
02-09-2019, 11:34 PM
Settle down Todd. You don't get to run the bases. It's just for the younger kids. Not the kids our age.

If you hear about a guy getting tased after the game...**

I'm assuming- and I may be wrong- that the Ring of Honor is going to be the entrance where the Thunder and Lightning Statues will be. Could be inside the stadium as well.

I don't know about a statue. Definitely will be in the Ring of Honor one day. To be honest- Polk should get a statue somewhere.

sethjoh
02-09-2019, 11:41 PM

I attended the dugout club dinner after fan day today. After our meal we were split into four groups. Jake Gautreau was our guide thru the stadium. He said the ring of honor would be at the right field entrance in the circle where Coach Lemonis introductory press conference was.

Pit Bull
02-10-2019, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;1069934]https://hailstate.com/news/2019/2/9/baseball-event-schedule-announced-for-opening-of-new-dudy-noble-field.aspx

CLARK! PALMEIRO! BRANTLEY! POLK! KIDS RUN THE BASES![/QUOT

Did Polk say he'd never come back until Greg Byrne wasn't AD any more or was it as long as Cohen was HC. I can't quite remember, but either way, both are true now and I'm glad he's gonna toss out the first pitch. Will be great to see #1.

Pit Bull
02-10-2019, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;1069979]If you hear about a guy getting tased after the game...**

If you got tased, then you must have been arguing calls with a ref in Hattiesburg...of course, you would be threatened to be handcuffed and arrested too.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-10-2019, 11:08 AM
I attended the dugout club dinner after fan day today. After our meal we were split into four groups. Jake Gautreau was our guide thru the stadium. He said the ring of honor would be at the right field entrance in the circle where Coach Lemonis introductory press conference was.

Thanks. That’s a great spot for it. I can’t wait to get there Friday.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Haven’t seen it mentioned, but I saw where the final total was 68 million for the stadium. Congrats and thank you to all that made it happen.

BrunswickDawg
02-11-2019, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;1069934]https://hailstate.com/news/2019/2/9/baseball-event-schedule-announced-for-opening-of-new-dudy-noble-field.aspx

CLARK! PALMEIRO! BRANTLEY! POLK! KIDS RUN THE BASES![/QUOT

Did Polk say he'd never come back until Greg Byrne wasn't AD any more or was it as long as Cohen was HC. I can't quite remember, but either way, both are true now and I'm glad he's gonna toss out the first pitch. Will be great to see #1.

I think it was administration related - or else why would he come back with Cohen as AD?

West Tn Dawg
02-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Will SEC Network televise it?

Todd4State
02-11-2019, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE=Pit Bull;1070006]

I think it was administration related - or else why would he come back with Cohen as AD?

From what I has heard he felt like Cohen went against his wishes by taking the job.

timotheus
02-11-2019, 10:34 PM
Tucker Childers was redshirted today. Who was cut?

Todd4State
02-12-2019, 01:19 AM
Tucker Childers was redshirted today. Who was cut?

I'm not sure- but I would be surprised if Benjaman Bell and Hunter Blalock aren't redshirted as well.

If that happens that's gets us down to I think 34. I keep hearing that we'll be at 33 this year.

Buddy
02-12-2019, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure- but I would be surprised if Benjaman Bell and Hunter Blalock aren't redshirted as well.

If that happens that's gets us down to I think 34. I keep hearing that we'll be at 33 this year.

Cumbest likely to redshirt also.

MedDawg
02-12-2019, 08:42 AM
Will SEC Network televise it?

Doesn't look like it, but the baseball game is on SECNetwork+ (online), so that broadcast will probably show a few seconds of the ceremony.

CadaverDawg
02-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Cumbest likely to redshirt also.

Man I've seen everything from Cumbest is going to challenge for early playing time as our 4th outfielder, to Cumbest is redshirting....he seems to be a mystery. Buddy, do you feel confident in the redshirt talk? If so, were people wrong about how good he has looked, or are we redshirting a guy that could potentially be helpful for us this year?

Cooterpoot
02-12-2019, 10:41 AM
I can confirm Cumbest is redshirting. Baseball and Softball season is here!!! Best time of the year!!

Choctaw Dawg
02-12-2019, 11:08 AM
Heard the roster is getting mowed down to only 32 players. We had 37 yesterday and we cut one and redshirted 4. Bell and Blaylock are the only ones I've heard at least.

maroonmania
02-12-2019, 08:26 PM
I can confirm Cumbest is redshirting. Baseball and Softball season is here!!! Best time of the year!!

Well, there goes our backup centerfielder.