PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see the baseball 2 deep roster?......

Pit Bull
02-09-2019, 04:54 PM
....appears Westburg has won the SS position.....and the thing that jumped out to me was Brad Cumbest will be backing up Jake Mangum in CF. Wow!!...to go from a 6'0" centerfielder to a 6'6" one is eye opening to me. I guess Brad must be able to cover some ground out there....this surprised me.

timotheus
02-09-2019, 05:01 PM
He has a legit shot at really being a true 2 sport guy. He is an amazing physical talent.

MaroonFlounder
02-09-2019, 05:13 PM
He has a legit shot at really being a true 2 sport guy. He is an amazing physical talent.

Doesn't he pitch as well? Will he get a chance on the mound? There's another player that could pitch (Halter, maybe) that Lemonis shot down as a position player only.

JoseBrown
02-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Doesn't he pitch as well? Will he get a chance on the mound? There's another player that could pitch (Halter, maybe) that Lemonis shot down as a position player only.

I thought it was the kid that didn't want to pitch, not that he was shot down. But I could be wrong....

ZedFedder
02-09-2019, 05:34 PM
He pitched the other day and was low 90s. Struck out a few as well.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-09-2019, 05:47 PM
He pitched the other day and was low 90s. Struck out a few as well.

Low 90's, big frame, young... man you gotta think if we made him a pitcher he'd be able to be consistent 93ish for starter level innings. Add a 2nd pitch, clean up the motion, and you've got a Friday starter

ShotgunDawg
02-09-2019, 05:48 PM
Low 90's, big frame, young... man you gotta think if we made him a pitcher he'd be able to be consistent 93ish for starter level innings. Add a 2nd pitch, clean up the motion, and you've got a Friday starter

You make it sound so simple.

timotheus
02-09-2019, 06:06 PM
Just me thinking here but I think his future is on the diamond.

boonedawg
02-09-2019, 06:56 PM
Saw him at fan day today. Impressive frame and size.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-09-2019, 10:32 PM
You make it sound so simple.

He's already throwing low 90's without the benefit of any coaching or pitching exercise regimen. He's very tall which helps to throw lots of pitches before getting tired. Give him time to exercise and time to work with a coach on form and I don't know why he couldn't have a little better velo than now with serviceable accuracy. Then he just needs to add an offspeed pitch (which plenty of guys add a pitch in college) and you've got the potential for a damn good pitcher.

I'm not saying it's a sure thing. Plenty of guys like McQuary have the velo but can't get the accuracy down. But some guys like Small or Hudson work on mechanics and lean to locate very well. Just saying with his size and current velo he has a ton of potential

Todd4State
02-10-2019, 12:50 AM
He's already throwing low 90's without the benefit of any coaching or pitching exercise regimen. He's very tall which helps to throw lots of pitches before getting tired. Give him time to exercise and time to work with a coach on form and I don't know why he couldn't have a little better velo than now with serviceable accuracy. Then he just needs to add an offspeed pitch (which plenty of guys add a pitch in college) and you've got the potential for a damn good pitcher.

I'm not saying it's a sure thing. Plenty of guys like McQuary have the velo but can't get the accuracy down. But some guys like Small or Hudson work on mechanics and lean to locate very well. Just saying with his size and current velo he has a ton of potential

Cumbest to me is sort of like Hunter Renfroe when he was a freshman. At this time- he really doesn't know what his position is. We used Renfroe as a pitcher, an outfielder, and even as a catcher. Cumbest has to kind of figure that out too. The raw talent is there. He needs to go play somewhere this summer and kind of figure that out some.

Pit Bull
02-10-2019, 05:48 AM
Westburg at 6'3" is a really tall SS. Most SS players are usually around 5'10"/6'1". He must also have some really good lateral range to win that position. I played CF in Highschool and people said it looked like I wasn't running hard enough for balls in the gap. I am 6'4.5" and would tell people who said that, that I was taking 2 strides for every one stride of a normal CF. So, if it looks like Cumbest is not running fast, he's likely covering just as much ground as a shorter player due to his long strides. Really excited for opening day.....hope the rain leaves us alone! Everyone who can make it should try to. There's something really special about opening day to me and I try very hard to attend every year. With a new coaching staff, new stadium, and some new players, there will be a lot to take in. Cant wait!!!Go Dogs!!

AlSwearengen
02-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Where is this 2 deep listed?

Pit Bull
02-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Where is this 2 deep listed?

Gene Swindoll released it but I didn't think I should post it over here.

I seen it dawg
02-10-2019, 03:14 PM
It's ok to post things well after

maroonmania
02-10-2019, 06:43 PM
It's ok to post things well after

And that would just be Swindoll's guess if the school hasn't actually released a depth chart.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-10-2019, 07:12 PM
And that would just be Swindoll's guess if the school hasn't actually released a depth chart.

I'm a Genespage paying member. I've looked all over and haven't found this depth chart. I did find what Gene listed as depth order based on certain scrimmages. But that's not a depth chart because Skelton wasn't even listed among the three catchers.