confucius say
02-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Thoughts?

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Too generous.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-08-2019, 10:30 PM
I think we trail by double digits the last 30 minutes. So yeah I'd say it's generous, but I hope I'm wrong

HoopsDawg
02-08-2019, 10:41 PM
We need the Clemson version of Lamar Peters. Going to be tough if his wrist is still bothering him.

And Howland must do a better job with the rotations. Perry 30+ min, Woodard 20+, Holman 10- minutes. That's the recipe for success.

Those 2 things + a great early morning crowd + an off day from UK and we can pull off the upset.

If you are looking to bet this game, there are better options.

msstate7
02-08-2019, 11:30 PM
We need the Clemson version of Lamar Peters. Going to be tough if his wrist is still bothering him.

And Howland must do a better job with the rotations. Perry 30+ min, Woodard 20+, Holman 10- minutes. That's the recipe for success.

Those 2 things + a great early morning crowd + an off day from UK and we can pull off the upset.

I don't know, UK -4 looks good to me. I won't bet it, but I think it's easy money

HoopsDawg
02-08-2019, 11:36 PM
I don't know, UK -4 looks good to me. I won't bet it, but I think it's easy money

Road favorites in the SEC are rarely easy money. But this game will test our meddle after Wednesday's loss.

Pit Bull
02-09-2019, 04:46 AM
If we lose all 3 of this current home stand, the season is basically over with. Only Dance route would be to run the table in the SEC Tourney. I don't expect us to beat UK, but after letting LSU off the hook, it would take a win over the Cats' to make up for that stinging loss. Will be a real sad note to not make the Dance. NIT ain't gonna cut it this year. I wouldn't buy a single ticket for a home NIT game and probably wouldn't even watch it on tv.

MetEdDawg
02-09-2019, 07:52 AM
If we lose all 3 of this current home stand, the season is basically over with. Only Dance route would be to run the table in the SEC Tourney. I don't expect us to beat UK, but after letting LSU off the hook, it would take a win over the Cats' to make up for that stinging loss. Will be a real sad note to not make the Dance. NIT ain't gonna cut it this year. I wouldn't buy a single ticket for a home NIT game and probably wouldn't even watch it on tv.

The last bracketogy update from ESPN which was yesterday has us as a 7 seed. So your sky is falling take is way the hell off base. Home losses to two Top 20 teams happen a lot. It sucks but it's nowhere near a deal breaker for the tournament. Even losing to Bama doesn't mean we are out. We can't really lose many more but certainly not a guaranteed out like you are portraying.

Cooterpoot
02-09-2019, 07:55 AM
We’ll get boat raced and lose by 15. Howland will forget to rotate his players and apologize at the presser.

msstate7
02-09-2019, 07:58 AM
The last bracketogy update from ESPN which was yesterday has us as a 7 seed. So your sky is falling take is way the hell off base. Home losses to two Top 20 teams happen a lot. It sucks but it's nowhere near a deal breaker for the tournament. Even losing to Bama doesn't mean we are out. We can't really lose many more but certainly not a guaranteed out like you are portraying.

Losing to Bama certainly isn't ideal, but not a death sentence. We'd have...

At ark
At Georgia
South Carolina
Mizzou
At auburn
At tenn
aTm

Losing to Kentucky and Bama would put us 4-7. Gotta figure we'll lose at auburn and tenn, so we'd have to run the table on the rest. It's certainly possible, but I really don't wanna paint ourself into that corner. I'm assuming we lose today, so Bama will be about as big a game as we've played in a while. We have to finish 9-9 imo

CadaverDawg
02-09-2019, 09:35 AM
That LSU loss really made things difficult. A win over UK would be monstrous, but it ain't happening....so we've got to beat Bama and then win road games at Ark & UGA. Losing homes games is really making this journey to the dance a lot tougher than it has to be. I'm afraid if we lose to UK AND Bama at home, we're NIT bound without a miracle. That being said, I think we win at home vs Bama and keep hanging by a thread

MarketingBully
02-09-2019, 09:45 AM

Alabama is shit on the road. We aren’t going to lose all 3.

msstate7
02-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Alabama is shit on the road. We aren’t going to lose all 3.

They were an abomination of a FT exhibition from beating tenn on the road, so they're capable.

MarketingBully
02-09-2019, 09:50 AM

That and a player should never play 44 of 45 minutes. Q missed a free throw and turned the ball over down the stretch because Howland only subbed him out one minute and he was dead tired. He played 7-10 more minutes then the next highest player on either side. Had Howland gone with his sub pattern of the first half, we’d of won by 10+ Wednesday.

MarketingBully
02-09-2019, 09:50 AM
They were an abomination of a FT exhibition from beating tenn on the road, so they're capable.

They are 1-5.

MarketingBully
02-09-2019, 09:52 AM

I’d also say it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Alabama loses at Vandy today.

RezDog7
02-09-2019, 10:02 AM
We?ll get boat raced and lose by 15. Howland will forget to rotate his players and apologize at the presser.

If he forgets to rotate Woodard in, he seriously may have dementia.

MarketingBully
02-09-2019, 10:09 AM
We’ll get boat raced and lose by 15. Howland will forget to rotate his players and apologize at the presser.

That’s what’s so dumb. He said he didn’t sub in Woodard due to LSU’s length. Well, UK is bigger then LSU. At some point, you have to do what you’re good at and not have players in there that match what the other team is good at. We are a guard heavy team with Perry as an option down low for an inside out game. Drive dump to the bigs if they have a clean shot otherwise make the defense collapse for an open 3. Playing Ado and Holman together is a death sentence when the other team is big too. Have to go smaller, create turnovers, and run. We did it in the first half against LSU and it worked. We won that half going small to the tune of 42-34. It’s dumb that he keeps trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

CadaverDawg
02-09-2019, 10:31 AM
Howland needs to stop letting his opponent's lineup dictate who he plays, and think instead about how the mismatch affects them guarding us. We are talented enough to dictate the game. If you let the opponent dictate your lineup, you are starting the game at a disadvantage.

Besides, I'd give up a few easy buckets just for the effort and energy Woodard brings to the floor. People were saying "Woodard can't guard a 6'10 guy"....I say "a 6'10 guy can't guard Woodard".

MarketingBully
02-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Howland needs to stop letting his opponent's lineup dictate who he plays, and think instead about how the mismatch affects them guarding us. We are talented enough to dictate the game. If you let the opponent dictate your lineup, you are starting the game at a disadvantage.

Besides, I'd give up a few easy buckets just for the effort and energy Woodard brings to the floor. People were saying "Woodard can't guard a 6'10 guy"....I say "a 6'10 guy can't guard Woodard".

That’s the ironic thing. When we were smaller, they had a harder time scoring down low then when we had Ado and Holman in. It’s because we had active hands and stole it every time their bigs put it on the floor.

msstate7
02-09-2019, 10:52 AM
If he forgets to rotate Woodard in, he seriously may have dementia.

It was such a terrible decision that it makes me wonder if Woodard said or did something to get a little discipline. Surely our coach and assistants didn't completely fall asleep at the wheel

MarketingBully
02-09-2019, 11:17 AM
It was such a terrible decision that it makes me wonder if Woodard said or did something to get a little discipline. Surely our coach and assistants didn't completely fall asleep at the wheel

I’m telling you that’s not the case. The kid is a straight A student and could have gotten into Vandy on Academics alone. He’s not a problem at all. He’s a great kid from a great family. Our Coach has just ****ed up multiple times and second guessed himself with the sub patterns. Remember, this is also a coaching staff who couldn’t even get our starting five right at Kentucky.

MarketingBully
02-09-2019, 11:19 AM

Also, Howland is extremely transparent. If it had been discipline, he would have said it. They didn’t start Nick W last Saturday (even though they could) due to discipline issues.

msstate7
02-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Also, Howland is extremely transparent. If it had been discipline, he would have said it. They didn?t start Nick W last Saturday (even though they could) due to discipline issues.

Then perhaps it didn't happen. I'm certainly not saying or even implying Woodard is a bad kid though. The best kids in the world have a smart mouth every now and then. Again though, purely guessing

ETA... I've kinda dreamed this up bc I'd much rather it be true than howland is just off his rocker.

Big4Dawg
02-09-2019, 11:39 AM

Howland said after the game is was due to not wanting to take our leading scorer out and didn't' want to play Woodard at the 4 where Reid would have had 3 inches over him.

msstate7
02-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Howland said after the game is was due to not wanting to take our leading scorer out and didn't' want to play Woodard at the 4 where Reid would have had 3 inches over him.

That's concerning then. Reid completely dominated the 2nd half facing Holman

MarketingBully
02-09-2019, 11:55 AM

I know right.

Holman guarding PJ Washington (UK) and Reed those two were a combined 5/9 from the 3 point line. When you let those guys shoot wide open 3s, they will make most of those shots. If we actually had contested Reed at the 3 point line, we’d of won that game on Wednesday. It’s hard enough to win when Lamar plays like he did on Wednesday but with Holman guarding like he did especially down the stretch we had too many negatives playing that were hurting us. There’s only so much Q and Perry can do. Rolling the dice with Lamar (who played like shit and was 0-3 at that point in the game) getting to the basket at the end of regulation was like rolling dice that had only snake eyes. Why not call a timeout there and draw up a play for your best ****ing player that had six game winners? When Howland said that loss was all on him he wasn’t lieing in a ton of more ways then one.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-09-2019, 12:35 PM
There is a lot of blue in the lower section...F*#% you season ticket holders who sell their tickets to other schools fans

parabrave
02-09-2019, 01:18 PM
UK getting the BAMA treatment early. BS call on Ado and OOB called on us.

parabrave
02-09-2019, 01:20 PM
Holman playing good off the bench so far.

HoopsDawg
02-09-2019, 02:04 PM

Reid had 25 points after the half.

Lord McBuckethead
02-09-2019, 02:06 PM
I think we trail by double digits the last 30 minutes. So yeah I'd say it's generous, but I hope I'm wrong

Nailed it. Players, fans, refs and especially coaches 17ed this one up. I mean, do we 17ing practice anything. We only run screens, and we suck at that. Can we have one player get hot this month shooting the ball?

Maroonthirteen
02-09-2019, 03:12 PM
Vegas knows. 71-67 final.

RougeDawg
02-09-2019, 03:19 PM
Vegas knows. 71-67 final.

You mean the referees know the mob knows where they live. Basketball is the easiest sport to fix, outside of horse racing. I would say game fixing is more the norm than abnormality in college and professional basketball. Football and baseball are much more difficult to fix.

MarketingBully
02-09-2019, 03:44 PM
Hopefully Howland will get it through his bald dome that Woodard can guard bigger players.

RougeDawg
02-09-2019, 05:34 PM
Hopefully Howland will get it through his bald dome that Woodard can guard bigger players.

And Woodard can get up with anyone. His motor and ability make him a top 3-4 player on Our team.

Leroy Jenkins
02-09-2019, 05:42 PM
You mean the referees know the mob knows where they live. Basketball is the easiest sport to fix, outside of horse racing. I would say game fixing is more the norm than abnormality in college and professional basketball. Football and baseball are much more difficult to fix.

Danm that mob..... they made us miss 8+ layups.

dawgday166
02-09-2019, 05:50 PM

Most anyone who really knows how to play defense, is strong and athletic, and will make sure to block out usually can. Shorter strong, athletic, quick players can have some significant advantages when going up against taller opponents. All height isn't created equally.

ETA: And Howland should know this from his tenure at Pitt.

Goldendawg
02-09-2019, 06:41 PM
"All height isn't created equally". Were you thinking of Holman with this quote or Ado?

RougeDawg
02-09-2019, 06:48 PM
Danm that mob..... they made us miss 8+ layups.

Damn the American uneducatuon system. Never said anything about kissing anything. At the end when outcome was still in the air the zebras influenced outcome. They did the same in the auburn LSU game. Auburn should have had 7 free throws at end and got 0.

Yet another example of reading what you wish, instead of reading what is there. Carry on my sheep. Carry on.

Goldendawg
02-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Was it Jackie that said that you have to be good enough to beat the other team and the refs? If so, nothing much has changed for us in Bball or FB.

yjnkdawg
02-09-2019, 07:10 PM

I think our coaching staff gets too hung up on match ups sometimes. Anybody could see that Woodard was the better player that night and the way he can get up off the floor, I doubt the 3" height difference would have been that big of a factor.

dawgday166
02-09-2019, 07:59 PM
"All height isn't created equally". Were you thinking of Holman with this quote or Ado?

It can apply in the positive or negative. Holman for sure and Ado too at times let themselves get muscled around on the boards down low and by shorter players at times. They are lazy at times switching off, sliding their feet, and Holman quite often is too upright (not bending his knees and sliding his feet).

On the other hand, Woodard plays intense D and is physical with his guy and out quicks them a good bit, regardless of the guys height. Woodard can play with taller, leaner types, depending on the player of course. He's not Lebron, but what I'm describing is similar.

Taller guys put the ball on the floor, and Woodard has the advantage. He bends his knees, slides his feet and hustles and causes TOs. He also switches well. He's not a lazy defender. He also has the leverage advantage when blocking out. He has some advantages cause of his build, strength, and quickness. And he seems to know or be learning rapidly how to use those.

msstate7
02-09-2019, 08:03 PM
I think our coaching staff gets too hung up on match ups sometimes. Anybody could see that Woodard was the better player that night and the way he can get up off the floor, I doubt the 3" height difference would have been that big of a factor.

I think howland wised up today. I expect Woodard mins to really go from here out, deservedly

MarketingBully
02-10-2019, 12:33 AM
I think howland wised up today. I expect Woodard mins to really go from here out, deservedly

If I was Woodard in the off-season I’d work on two things: perimeter shooting and free throws. If he can increase his percentages there, he will be a bad ass 3 option next year for us and by his junior year he will be an All SEC type player. He’s the type of small forward that will be bad ass in the years to come.