PDA

View Full Version : Justin Fields being ruled immediately eligible is a joke....

HancockCountyDog
02-08-2019, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it before.

Talk about how big time schools are treated differently, this should be exhibit A.

Dawg2003
02-08-2019, 06:47 PM
Well, we did get Andra Espinoza-Hunter eligible and apparently some softball players that I don't think were grad transfers. I really don't care who they give eligibility as long as it doesn't affect us.

msstate7
02-08-2019, 06:50 PM
There was zero chance the ncaa wouldn't approve his waiver with racism being the basis of it

FriarsPoint
02-08-2019, 07:35 PM
Forgive my ignorance. Give me the backstory.

LC Dawg
02-08-2019, 07:38 PM
There was zero chance the ncaa wouldn't approve his waiver with racism being the basis of it

Georgia probably petitioned the NCAA to get him eligible to avoid the bad press if he was denied.

msstate7
02-08-2019, 07:48 PM
Forgive my ignorance. Give me the backstory.

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com%2fsports%2fcollege%2fny-sports-justin-fields-eligible-at-osu-20190208-story.html%3foutputType%3damp

Quaoarsking
02-08-2019, 07:51 PM

Most any college-aged black person is going to have been called the N-word at some point by someone, especially if we're counting times where someone called him that outside of his earshot. I don't think the NCAA intends for all African-Americans (and probably all other races too, since we're not requiring the athlete to have actually heard the slur) to be free agents, so it reeks of a star player at a big money school getting special treatment.

Goldendawg
02-08-2019, 10:32 PM

Talk about how big time schools are treated differently, this should be exhibit A.

This isn't exhibit A. It's Exhibit AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA to infinity and beyond! And things will never change. But better to serve in heaven and be a State fan, than to reign in H- E - Double Hockey Sticks with any other "blueblood sidewalk fan ridden college". Hail State!

Leeshouldveflanked
02-08-2019, 11:00 PM
I would be ok with a 1 time, no penalty transfer after Sophomore year....

KOdawg1
02-08-2019, 11:39 PM
We're headed towards free agency in college football. It's getting crazier every year.

FriarsPoint
02-08-2019, 11:56 PM
We're headed towards free agency in college football. It's getting crazier every year.

Headed????

College football is now open season. Get bought or get bent. Watch that smu 30/30 over and over again. Multiply that by 5 for basketball.

Pay or get beat. Period. And you’ve got an endless supply of talent going on the cheap begging to be used and thrown away. And society and the governing institutions are encouraging it. It’s a throw away segment of society. Who gives a shit? We’re all getting rich

BeardoMSU
02-09-2019, 01:06 AM
Literally this entire scenario was perfectly predicted in detail during the 24 hour yank-fest when some thought he might come to State....where was the outrage then?

RougeDawg
02-09-2019, 02:24 AM
The ncaa as is, is a class action lawsuit from being no longer. If I were a Mississippi State type program under current status I?d grab the tiers 50-70 have not programs and try to levy the playing field
Before it becomes insurmountable. Any half ass slapdick judge will accept and ru
For the plaintiffs unless a certain Barack oppointed them.

Todd4State
02-09-2019, 02:37 AM
The open market on transfers could help us if we take advantage of it. We already added a punter. It should help offset some of Ole Miss's schenanigans as well. For example- we missed on Mingo but we have a chance to add the WR from Penn State which I would think we likely end up doing. If that happens it lessens the blow of that loss. And probably is an upgrade. If we can add in the WR transfer from Miami along with the Penn State transfer we have really upgraded our offense.

msstate7
02-09-2019, 07:33 AM
Literally this entire scenario was perfectly predicted in detail during the 24 hour yank-fest when some thought he might come to State....where was the outrage then?

Yep, I said the moment I heard his claim he'd be eligible immediately. I had no idea where he was going then, and to be frank, it wouldn't matter.

Michael Milken
02-09-2019, 12:57 PM

How? Hardship?

Michael Milken
02-09-2019, 01:02 PM
The open market on transfers could help us if we take advantage of it. We already added a punter. It should help offset some of Ole Miss's schenanigans as well. For example- we missed on Mingo but we have a chance to add the WR from Penn State which I would think we likely end up doing. If that happens it lessens the blow of that loss. And probably is an upgrade. If we can add in the WR transfer from Miami along with the Penn State transfer we have really upgraded our offense.

Are both of them.one year transfers?