PDA

View Full Version : Map of where each state's top recruit signed

hacker
02-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Saw this on reddit. Y'all bitch about how we lose our in-state top recruits to blue bloods, but according to this, so do they.

https://i.imgur.com/Hgi0XA3.png

msstate7
02-08-2019, 09:03 AM
How bout Lincoln Riley getting the top player in Georgia. Pretty impressive considering Georgia's recruiting prowess

hacker
02-08-2019, 09:04 AM
How bout Lincoln Riley getting the top player in Georgia. Pretty impressive considering Georgia's recruiting prowess

And losing the top player in Oklahoma to Michigan.

msstate7
02-08-2019, 09:09 AM
And losing the top player in Oklahoma to Michigan.

Ha, didn't notice that

Howboutdemdogs
02-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Well, at least we do not have to spend time recruiting in N. Dakota, Vermont, and New Hampshire.***

louisvilledawg
02-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Which recruiting site did the map?

We signed the highest ranked recruit in MS according to 247.

ShotgunDawg
02-08-2019, 09:32 AM
It's not as critical to the blue bloods because their recruiting footprint is large. They can make up for misses. We can't.

msugolf
02-08-2019, 09:36 AM
Nakobe Dean was not the best player in the state. I don?t think he?s top 3 honestly.

Covercorner2
02-08-2019, 09:47 AM
Which recruiting site did the map?

We signed the highest ranked recruit in MS according to 247.

247 composite is what they used.

Pit Bull
02-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Nakobe Dean was not the best player in the state. I don?t think he?s top 3 honestly.

How do you know?

Pit Bull
02-08-2019, 09:55 AM
....which is about as big landwise as Desoto County. Wonder what kind of connection they had way up there?

msstate7
02-08-2019, 10:20 AM
....which is about as big landwise as Desoto County. Wonder what kind of connection they had way up there?

They have connections everywhere. Kids see who the best teams are every Saturday and wanna be a part of them

Commercecomet24
02-08-2019, 11:03 AM

Yeah Cross, Ealy and Pickering I would rate higher and probably Byron Young as well.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-08-2019, 01:32 PM
The top 10 in Arizona all went out of state. I can’t imagine that’s fun for those schools.

BigEasyDawg
02-08-2019, 02:52 PM
UGA only signed 2 of the top 13 in the state of Georgia and 3 of the top 24. That is crazy!

Georgia has 40 4 and 5 *s and UGA only signed 5 of them. F I V E. thats insane.

dawgoneyall
02-08-2019, 02:53 PM
No Cross/Pickering were the best recruits in Mississippi.

Commercecomet24
02-08-2019, 02:56 PM

This^^^

Bdawg
02-08-2019, 05:23 PM
UGA only signed 2 of the top 13 in the state of Georgia and 3 of the top 24. That is crazy!

Georgia has 40 4 and 5 *s and UGA only signed 5 of them. F I V E. thats insane.

Thank the Lord Shotgun doesn't live in GA and is an UGA fan. Suicide watch for sure ;)

LC Dawg
02-08-2019, 05:29 PM
The fact that Clemson isn't on that map shows how far a school like Mississippi State has to go to be nationally relevant. Clemson has two recent championships and they still get outrecruited by a lot of SEC schools and blue bloods.

lastmajordog
02-08-2019, 05:42 PM
The fact that Clemson isn't on that map shows how far a school like Mississippi State has to go to be nationally relevant. Clemson has two recent championships and they still get outrecruited by a lot of SEC schools and blue bloods.

All I know is they had bedrock def people suspended and beat the **** out of Nick......pretty darn impressive any way you look at it......good Grief I hope Mo can pull a Sherrill and beat them a few times.....but man the DOGS looked bad on the off side of the ball ....

Homedawg
02-08-2019, 05:48 PM

They had the number 10 class in the country. But they only have one other ACC school in the top 25. Keeps them in the playoffs pretty much every year.

Commercecomet24
02-08-2019, 06:01 PM
Thank the Lord Shotgun doesn't live in GA and is an UGA fan. Suicide watch for sure ;)

Now that's funny!!!

Michael Milken
02-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Saw this on reddit. Y'all bitch about how we lose our in-state top recruits to blue bloods, but according to this, so do they.

https://i.imgur.com/Hgi0XA3.png

Surprised bama is only on there for one state. NJ.

Pit Bull
02-09-2019, 05:04 PM

How do you know?

RougeDawg
02-09-2019, 05:40 PM
They had the number 10 class in the country. But they only have one other ACC school in the top 25. Keeps them in the playoffs pretty much every year.

Do not attempt to bring logic and/or reason to this board. You will Be chastised and have your posts edited by the Gestapo mods.

ShotgunDawg
02-09-2019, 05:43 PM

Yeah. For whatever reason people just can't understand this

LC Dawg
02-09-2019, 07:47 PM

They also just beat the shit out of a team we haven't beaten in over a decade.
My point is that if a team with two recent championships is getting outrecruited by SEC teams that haven't won a championship in over 20 (LSU) and almost 40 (UGA) years and one without a championship since leather helmets (A&M) then a team like Mississippi State faces an almost impossible task to recruit in a range high enough to win a championship. Not impossible but close enough that losing one's mind over recruiting seems not worth it.

Dawg61
02-09-2019, 09:02 PM
Good lord is the Michigan plane on the ground for longer than half a day ever? They literally recruit the entire country and they still get their asses kicked by Ohio State every year.

Dawg61
02-09-2019, 09:06 PM
Do not attempt to bring logic and/or reason to this board. You will Be chastised and have your posts edited by the Gestapo mods.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5ncqEwQBqUnXq/giphy.gif

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-09-2019, 09:40 PM
Take a look at Maine. Is that Baylor?? Damn

Homedawg
02-09-2019, 09:44 PM
They also just beat the shit out of a team we haven't beaten in over a decade.
My point is that if a team with two recent championships is getting outrecruited by SEC teams that haven't won a championship in over 20 (LSU) and almost 40 (UGA) years and one without a championship since leather helmets (A&M) then a team like Mississippi State faces an almost impossible task to recruit in a range high enough to win a championship. Not impossible but close enough that losing one's mind over recruiting seems not worth it.

Ga has been to the sec champ game numerous times and has been to the playoffs in the current form, and LSU has several sec championships as well, maybe not the greatest examples.

LC Dawg
02-09-2019, 10:52 PM
Ga has been to the sec champ game numerous times and has been to the playoffs in the current form, and LSU has several sec championships as well, maybe not the greatest examples.

I think they are good examples of teams that haven't won national championships in a long time when I'm comparing them to a team that has won two recent national championships.

Homedawg
02-10-2019, 12:15 AM

Being on the map isn't the whole deal. Hell bama has one map and didn't win their own state. They had the best class maybe ever. The map is for fun

LC Dawg
02-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Being on the map isn't the whole deal. Hell bama has one map and didn't win their own state. They had the best class maybe ever. The map is for fun

I understand that. I'm not sure if you are disagreeing with my original point or just disagreeing in general but whatever.

timotheus
02-10-2019, 07:22 PM
How do you know?

I saw all of them play and Cross and Pickering are closer to ready to play day one next season than Dean.