PDA

View Full Version : On Deck: Mississippi State Baseball - Episode 3

dawg1
02-07-2019, 01:32 PM
Enjoy

https://youtu.be/9xQFM9lu4is

Gutter Cobreh
02-07-2019, 05:04 PM
These have been surprisingly good each week. Thanks for posting!!!

mparkerfd20
02-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Can't wait.

ZedFedder
02-07-2019, 07:14 PM
Not that I need any help getting excited for State baseball but these are amazing. Really like Coach Lemonis’ demeanor.

Todd4State
02-07-2019, 11:36 PM
AWESOME VIDEO! I'm loving these!

I can't wait until next weekend!

Pit Bull
02-08-2019, 05:14 AM
Hope we dont have any more TJ surgeries awaiting us. We've taken a beating over those the last few years.

I dont know why critics harp on Mangum's lack of HRs. Why? I see Frazier doing well in the Majors and hitting a few HRs and I dont think he hit any more than Jake has in college. IMO, Jake Mangum is the best player in college baseball. Hope he has a great year and gets the Golden Spikes Award.

We have a lot more power with experience this year. I really like what MacNamee and Westburg can do with the bat and I hear Halter can ding it too. They say Lemonis likes a lot of offense. Sounds a bit like #1's philosophy which is good....and we have a good pitching coach to boot. So I am expecting a good year even though the SEC is going to be improved as well. I think the SEC West (as we like to know it) is really gonna be powerful and tough to win games.....but then you look at the eastern teams and they are ALL good too. Brutal conference. With as much talent as the SEC has, I think it will come down to teams with the best starting pitching and depth. That bodes well for Vandy, LSU, ARK, and MSU. I think one of those 4 teams will make the most noise.

Tbonewannabe
02-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Hope we dont have any more TJ surgeries awaiting us. We've taken a beating over those the last few years.

I dont know why critics harp on Mangum's lack of HRs. Why? I see Frazier doing well in the Majors and hitting a few HRs and I dont think he hit any more than Jake has in college. IMO, Jake Mangum is the best player in college baseball. Hope he has a great year and gets the Golden Spikes Award.

We have a lot more power with experience this year. I really like what MacNamee and Westburg can do with the bat and I hear Halter can ding it too. They say Lemonis likes a lot of offense. Sounds a bit like #1's philosophy which is good....and we have a good pitching coach to boot. So I am expecting a good year even though the SEC is going to be improved as well. I think the SEC West (as we like to know it) is really gonna be powerful and tough to win games.....but then you look at the eastern teams and they are ALL good too. Brutal conference. With as much talent as the SEC has, I think it will come down to teams with the best starting pitching and depth. That bodes well for Vandy, LSU, ARK, and MSU. I think one of those 4 teams will make the most noise.

You also have to value how much postseason experience our group is bringing back. We have 1 position (2 if you count Westburg not starting at SS) that we aren't returning someone who didn't start in the World Series. Add in the fact that Small was actually our Ace last year and we have a great line up compared to most teams in the country. We also upgraded our coaching staff which should benefit us.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-08-2019, 09:53 PM
Not that I need any help getting excited for State baseball but these are amazing. Really like Coach Lemonis’ demeanor.

He's killing it in recruiting, he made a good pitching coach hire, and I like that we now have a full time catching coach. The only thing that's left is the culture he'll create and the leadership he exudes, and as you say his demeanor seems good so I'm getting more optimistic about both

Todd4State
02-09-2019, 02:49 AM
You also have to value how much postseason experience our group is bringing back. We have 1 position (2 if you count Westburg not starting at SS) that we aren't returning someone who didn't start in the World Series. Add in the fact that Small was actually our Ace last year and we have a great line up compared to most teams in the country. We also upgraded our coaching staff which should benefit us.

This is why I'm surprised that we aren't rated higher by some people than we are. Not to mention we added a first round draft pick to the rotation. I guess they think that we were a fluke last year- however sweeping Florida, beating Ole Miss 3/4, sweeping Arkansas, and beating Vanderbilt 2/3 in the SR says the opposite of being a fluke.

I seen it dawg
02-09-2019, 10:12 AM
**** everybody else. We are winning the whole ****ing thing.

I seen it dawg
02-09-2019, 10:14 AM

Amen. Was texting the other how we are so due to have a full staff for the whole year. With the arms we have if that happens we are gonna be even more hell to deal with.