PDA

View Full Version : For All Those That The Sky Has Fallen on

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 01:01 PM
5 yrs ago we had Rick Ray and no hope of ever seeing ncaas again
5 yrs ago womens hoops wasnt playing for national championships
2 yrs ago we got a football coach shopping everyday and losing to South Alabama and Egg Bowls
Last year we were on our 3rd baseball coach in 2 yrs and went deep in Omaha

Tired of all the ****ing negativity all the ****ing time.

Tbonewannabe
02-07-2019, 01:07 PM
2 yrs ago we got a football coach shopping everyday and losing to South Alabama and Egg Bowls

You forgot that we lost our baseball coach that came in late and took us to a Super Regional his first year with a walking dead pitching staff. He then had us with a top 5 recruiting class for the next 3 years before he was fired. We had one of the biggest rising stars in college baseball and we had to fire him at the beginning of his 2nd season because he was mesmerized by the poon.

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 01:10 PM
Yeah the intent was to cover that all in the 3rd in 2 yrs

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 01:13 PM
I don't have the time to do it, but it really wouldn't be heard to write something depressing for a 5 year period that's truly depressing for all our sports. Let's try 20 years ago.. 86-90. Y'all want to be back in those days?

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 01:14 PM
Well, I guess you're saying not much has changed with football??? **

KentuckyDawg13
02-07-2019, 01:17 PM
That period was one of the best in terms of basketball rebuild. From basement dweller to SEC Champs (91). Football was a rebuild too, with Felker having the #13 team to losing the rest of the game to finish unranked. Then JWS arrived...

msbulldog
02-07-2019, 01:18 PM

Amen!

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 01:18 PM
That period was one of the best in terms of basketball rebuild. From basement dweller to SEC Champs (91). Football was a rebuild too, with Felker having the #13 team to losing the rest of the game to finish unranked. Then JWS arrived...

Damn sure was. I was lucky i was at State Felker last yr and the following 4.

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 01:23 PM

Well then go ahead and pick another time.. it won't be hard to find. or compare to where we are.
Basketball is getting better every year.. not as fast as some would like.
Football is at an almost program high and we will see if it continues to maintain this year or falls below our new found acceptable level (a bowl game).
Baseball... New coach. amazing staff. Do we win the final game this year? not likely but not crazy talk either.
WBB - Reloaded and decent chance of going to the final 4 again.

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 01:27 PM

State of the Union Address didnt have shit on this
Well done..

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 01:33 PM
Well then go ahead and pick another time.. it won't be hard to find. or compare to where we are.
Basketball is getting better every year.. not as fast as some would like.
Football is at an almost program high and we will see if it continues to maintain this year or falls below our new found acceptable level (a bowl game).
Baseball... New coach. amazing staff. Do we win the final game this year? not likely but not crazy talk either.
WBB - Reloaded and decent chance of going to the final 4 again.

I would like to add this to the basketball program.. can you imagine if there was social media around let’s say the final 4-5 of a certain ex basketball coach... just think about it.. can you ****ing imagine... so not only are we back firmly in the NCAA conversation basically zero outside noise and bullshit

Commercecomet24
02-07-2019, 01:34 PM

Great post! Well Said!

BrunswickDawg
02-07-2019, 01:55 PM
I would like to add this to the basketball program.. can you imagine if there was social media around let’s say the final 4-5 of a certain ex basketball coach... just think about it.. can you ****ing imagine... so not only are we back firmly in the NCAA conversation basically zero outside noise and bullshit

Lord - Sidney and Bost with Twitter. They would have instagrammed the fight in the stands in Hawaii. The memes about the wife beaters alone would have been gold.

TrapGame
02-07-2019, 01:58 PM

YEP!

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 02:10 PM
Lord - Sidney and Bost with Twitter. They would have instagrammed the fight in the stands in Hawaii. The memes about the wife beaters alone would have been gold.

Ravern Johnson, Kodi Augusta , Gary Ervin and on and on and on ... So now we are getting none of that plus a tourney team.. yeah times suck

yjnkdawg
02-07-2019, 02:16 PM

Great post ISID . The sky is falling bunch probably won't see this, as they are probably rehearsing for their next upcoming drama filled woe with me, or meltdown drama presentation.

CadaverDawg
02-07-2019, 02:34 PM
We sucked in the past and suck less now.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/448/19448/249622.jpg

Kidding

msstate7
02-07-2019, 02:40 PM
Well, I guess you're saying not much has changed with football??? **

Yeah, the coaches pursued left

Commercecomet24
02-07-2019, 02:50 PM
We sucked in the past and suck less now.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/448/19448/249622.jpg

Kidding

That's pretty dang funny right there!

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 03:05 PM
Great post ISID . The sky is falling bunch probably won't see this, as they are probably rehearsing for their next upcoming drama filled woe with me, or meltdown drama presentation.

Yeah they won't bc it's all true. And it can't be spun to fit the negative attitude.

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2019, 03:12 PM

Outstanding!!!!!!!!

Lord McBuckethead
02-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Ravern Johnson, Kodi Augusta , Gary Ervin and on and on and on ... So now we are getting none of that plus a tourney team.. yeah times suck

I forgot about all those guys.

MadDawg
02-07-2019, 05:11 PM

So tired of all the ****ing negativity that you had to drag up all the old ****ing negativity from the old ****ing negative ****ers. Because ****ing negativity from a few years ago is cool as ****. But new ****ing negativity? Go **** yourself with that noise. amirite?!?!?11?

CadaverDawg
02-07-2019, 05:13 PM
So tired of all the ****ing negativity that you had to drag up all the old ****ing negativity from the old ****ing negative ****ers. Because ****ing negativity from a few years ago is cool as ****. But new ****ing negativity? Go **** yourself with that noise. amirite?!?!?11?

Haha EXACTLY!

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 05:34 PM

Truth be told the intent of the post was to show how it's not nuclear winter if you look at things farther than just 6 weeks. But great post.

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 05:40 PM
If I ever get pissed off I just text one of my OM buddies 35-3 and it brightens my day

BrunswickDawg
02-07-2019, 05:49 PM
If I ever get pissed off I just text one of my OM buddies 35-3 and it brightens my day

^^^^^^^^This

Commercecomet24
02-07-2019, 05:54 PM

Excellent!

chef dixon
02-07-2019, 07:26 PM
I will day this, when looking at KSU and Iowa boards this year they sure as shit did not harp on the woe is me attitude. They pretty much thought they were badass at everything when clearly they are not. It would be pretty refreshing if we did more of that.

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 07:38 PM
I will day this, when looking at KSU and Iowa boards this year they sure as shit did not harp on the woe is me attitude. They pretty much thought they were badass at everything when clearly they are not. It would be pretty refreshing if we did more of that.

Hell 3/4 of the OM cult fan base thought they were winning 9-10 games this last year ..

RocketDawg
02-07-2019, 07:42 PM
I don't have the time to do it, but it really wouldn't be heard to write something depressing for a 5 year period that's truly depressing for all our sports. Let's try 20 years ago.. 86-90. Y'all want to be back in those days?

We're all getting older than we think. That was 30 years ago, not 20.

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 08:06 PM

I have always hated the Po Ol MSU people.

KOdawg1
02-07-2019, 08:42 PM
You forgot that we lost our baseball coach that came in late and took us to a Super Regional his first year with a walking dead pitching staff. He then had us with a top 5 recruiting class for the next 3 years before he was fired. We had one of the biggest rising stars in college baseball and we had to fire him at the beginning of his 2nd season because he was mesmerized by the poon.

Speaking of the bastard, where is Canni now? I know he was still living in Starkville at some point, but surely he's moved on by now, right?

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2019, 09:39 PM

KSU sucked. Iowa did NOT.

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 09:43 PM

They werent very good. Turnovers penalties beat us more than they did. They were decent on defense I give you that and they are very well coached always have been

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2019, 10:00 PM
They werent very good. Turnovers penalties beat us more than they did. They were decent on defense I give you that and they are very well coached always have been

Actually they were very good on defense, not quite as good as us, but still very good, especially against the run. They were not great on offense, but better than us. Even match up and it played that way.

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 10:06 PM
Actually they were very good on defense, not quite as good as us, but still very good, especially against the run. They were not great on offense, but better than us. Even match up and it played that way.

Ha ok

chef dixon
02-07-2019, 10:34 PM

That's not the point..

Tbonewannabe
02-08-2019, 02:40 PM

Their receivers caught balls that hit them in the chest and ours didn't. That game was very evenly matched up. They had a top ten defense and their offense did just enough. They didn't make mistakes and we did. I will say if the refs throw flags for how often their Oline was holding our Dline then they probably don't get past the 50 yard line.

smootness
02-08-2019, 03:45 PM
I 100% agree with the OP.

But you're starting to see the issue with those who say things like, 'It's time for us to believe we can compete for championships and do it. We are not po' ol' Tate, we can compete with anyone and should expect it.' and believe that every time improvement is made, that becomes the new baseline.

It is true that we can compete with championships and that we shouldn't accept mediocrity. It is also true that we still have disadvantages and have a tougher time building something than others do. And it is true that there will always be ups and downs. We should remember that when things aren't trending up 100% of the time.

The main reason I was so upset with this football season is for that exact reason. We had a team capable of truly competing this year. That doesn't happen often. We did not take advantage of that. I hope Moorhead is good longterm and can build something here, but we will never get 2018 back.