View Full Version : Clarion Ledger bows down to the great OM Recruiting Class

SailingDawg
02-07-2019, 09:47 AM
Three articles of adoration and one critical of MSU

https://i.imgur.com/yrSCN4k.png

msstate7
02-07-2019, 09:55 AM
Ealy is in the CL's biggest market.

OM did have a big signing day... stole a 4-star, flipped a tenn commit (think it was tenn), held mingo, and signed a 5-star.

And, no, I'm not saying their class is better, but they did have a big day

Lord McBuckethead
02-07-2019, 10:06 AM
SOUNDS like a bunch of ED guys write for the CL given all of those were some peoples talking points yesterday.

Bothrops
02-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Keep winning the meaningless battles is a sport unto itself, I guess..

BiscuitEater
02-07-2019, 04:59 PM
Honest questions .. Is there ANY Mississippi Sports writers left at the CL? Does MSU still have a 'beat writer' at CL?

I refuse to go to ANY CL link. Period.

MarketingBully
02-07-2019, 05:09 PM

OM did have a big signing day... stole a 4-star, flipped a tenn commit (think it was tenn), held mingo, and signed a 5-star.

That five star won’t play a down of college football. He’s going to be drafted in the first round of the MLB draft. He’s the 12th overall baseball prospect. Landing him was all about the recruiting fanfare you got from it. Plumlee isn’t going to do crap there and Mingo is rumored to be heading to the secondary for Ole Miss. They really didn’t address their needs and they are going to battle Arkansas next year for 7th place in the West. Ironically, Luke hired possibly one of his replacements in either the former Colorado coach or Rich Rod. Dumb move professionally but I wouldn’t expect anything less from a Tommy Boy looking moron.

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 05:18 PM

They got a juco LB that was trending ark if he is good he fills a need for sure
Held on to Mingo who has be committed for almost a year .. and I said it 6 months ago watch what side of the football he ends up playing on if he goes there
Ealy and Plumlee May never play football

Good day ? yeah I guess.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-07-2019, 05:34 PM
Honest questions .. Is there ANY Mississippi Sports writers left at the CL? Does MSU still have a 'beat writer' at CL?

I refuse to go to ANY CL link. Period.

Tyler Horka was initially, but he was so awful I haven't noticed if he is anymore. I heard a caller on a show yesterday say the CL doesn't even cover the smaller colleges anymore.

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2019, 05:35 PM
SOUNDS like a bunch of ED guys write for the CL given all of those were some peoples talking points yesterday.

Either Rebels or spend too much time listening to Rebels.

shannondawg
02-08-2019, 09:25 AM
The cl must have hired more journalism graduates from the plantation.

fishwater99
02-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Don't be surprised if the Bears pay Ealy to play football and not go to MLB. They have done it before, see AJ Brown...

The best news is that they are stuck with Luke as a coach, but we are stuck with Jo Mo...

MedDawg
02-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Don't be surprised if the Bears pay Ealy to play football and not go to MLB. They have done it before, see AJ Brown...

If MLB offers $4 million or even 'just' $2 million, the Rebs would be crazy to pay anything close to that. Ealy isn't THAT good. For football only he's not even worth the rumored $300k the Rebs paid AJ. Now, for Ealy to play football and baseball at OM, then maybe he'd be worth what AJ got.

Relatively, anyway--if the 'market' determines that AJ was worth $300k, then Ealy might be worth that to play both football and baseball at OM. Personally, I don't think ANY player is worth that unless maybe a top QB. For example, #1 HS QB Trevor Lawrence would have been worth $300k to bring a national championship to Clemson. But only worth it if you have the all the other pieces to take advantage of a top recruit. What did AJ and the rumored $1-2 million 2016 class bring OM? A 16-20 overall record.

timotheus
02-08-2019, 06:41 PM
they didn't buy any defensive studs

dawgs
02-08-2019, 06:56 PM
Guys, I got something to admit. Crootin' has me not all that upset about the prospect of CTE effectively sending football the way of boxing over the next 20-30 years. I hate all the bullshit around it.

As for the OM class, seems very much like a typical OM class. Lots of skill guys, including some high profile ones, but weak on the lines.

timotheus
02-08-2019, 08:22 PM
And what u just described will determine Rich Rod's tenure in Oxford.

QuadrupleOption
02-08-2019, 09:48 PM
Three articles of adoration and one critical of MSU

https://i.imgur.com/yrSCN4k.png

So basically a mirror image of this board on signing day? I'd be more upset if I hadn't watched a lot of our "fans" run down our own class. I'd say we need to get our own house in order before we worry about what the state rag is saying about us.

Ari Gold
02-09-2019, 11:02 AM

The best news is that they are stuck with Luke as a coach, but we are stuck with Jo Mo...

AJ. Brown was never getting out a low AA ball and was what a mid to late 20’s round guy. That signing bonus was shit . That cat was never going to play baseball..