View Full Version : Charles Moore to JUCO

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2019, 09:46 AM
Well, that was a waste of time.

Looks like Handy and Moore will play together afterall

https://twitter.com/michaelwbratton/status/1093518761167147009?s=21

msstate7
02-07-2019, 09:49 AM
Maybe that time we spent chasing him down at the end could've been used more wisely

mstatefan91
02-07-2019, 09:50 AM
I would be embarrassed... Not because there is anything wrong with going JUCO but because he made this a much bigger deal than it should have been.

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2019, 09:52 AM
He's probably just double signing but it's kind of funny nonetheless

Barney doing work at Jones

stalkingpoon
Well, that was a waste of time.

Looks like Handy and Moore will play together afterall

https://twitter.com/michaelwbratton/status/1093518761167147009?s=21

We've had several guys double sign with a JUCO. Not a big deal right now.

msstate7
I would be embarrassed... Not because there is anything wrong with going JUCO but because he made this a much bigger deal than it should have been.

Auburn, LSU, Florida, and us made it the big deal fighting over a juco player. Can't blame the kid here except for not taking care of school work

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 09:53 AM

What’s funny is D Black Has work to do to qualify for juco...

Commercecomet24
02-07-2019, 09:53 AM
I'm not surprised with anything that happens with him. I hope the young man gets his stuff together and has a successful life, some things more important than football.

Todd4State
02-07-2019, 09:54 AM
Lol. Gotta love recruiting.

StarkVegasSteve
02-07-2019, 09:54 AM
Don't think it necessarily means he's going JUCO, but I imagine he ends up there. Diwun Black will be in prep school next year if I had to guess.

mstatefan91
02-07-2019, 09:55 AM
Don't think it necessarily means he's going JUCO, but I imagine he ends up there. Diwun Black will be in prep school next year if I had to guess.

SEC Mike thinks it means he's going JUCO... We shall see

msstate7
02-07-2019, 09:56 AM
SEC Mike thinks it means he's going JUCO... We shall see

Is that the guy that said fields to state?

Homedawg
02-07-2019, 09:57 AM

This. Moore is a grade risk. But he still has a shot to qualify. Matter of fact we have 2 signees that are worse off than him. This is common practice. And d black won't be at Florida. They know it too.

mstatefan91
02-07-2019, 09:59 AM
This. Moore is a grade risk. But he still has a shot to qualify. Matter of fact we have 2 signees that are worse off than him. This is common practice. And d black won't be at Florida. They know it too.

Crootin is all about perception.. All you hear during the season is "School X had the 9th rated class in the country this year!" Doesn't matter if 3/20 didn't actually enroll.

Bothrops
02-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Maybe we can re-recruit him in a couple of years***

Jack Lambert
02-07-2019, 10:09 AM

It's all about recruiting rankings. Got to win that every year even though many you sign and you know when you sign them they will not get in.

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 10:21 AM
Hmmm maybe we knew what we were doing with Moore. And a lot of people melted for no reason. Again. Idiots.

mstatefan91
02-07-2019, 10:22 AM
It does appear to be a worst case, cover his butt, double signing..

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Auburn, LSU, Florida, and us made it the big deal fighting over a juco player. Can't blame the kid here except for not taking care of school work

He chased us at the end. We weren't "wasting time" on him.

Doggie_Style
02-07-2019, 10:43 AM

I'm aware Cunningham is at risk, who else?

Doggie_Style
02-07-2019, 10:44 AM
Hmmm maybe we knew what we were doing with Moore. And a lot of people melted for no reason. Again. Idiots.

What?....we would have jumped at a chance to sign him

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 10:48 AM
He's probably just double signing but it's kind of funny nonetheless

Barney doing work at Jones

There is no true double signing anymore.

CadaverDawg
02-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Shocked he didn't sign with an out of state Juco....since he was being pushed out of state and all.*

Doggie_Style
02-07-2019, 10:56 AM

OK....please explain

Irondawg
02-07-2019, 10:57 AM
Lockhardt was the miss on the DL once Baker left and gave us almost no shot at Young

mstatefan91
02-07-2019, 10:59 AM

Consider the source but Barrett Sallee says this was a double signing...

MarketingBully
02-07-2019, 11:01 AM
I get the double signing and it happens but usually there isn’t this fanfare that goes along with it (i.e. the JUCO announcing it on social media).

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2019, 11:05 AM
Consider the source but Barrett Sallee says this was a double signing...

Why is Sallee reporting on this?

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 11:06 AM
What?....we would have jumped at a chance to sign him

He never said we wouldn’t have signed him. But now you see the reason UT backed off him.

mstatefan91
02-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Why is Sallee reporting on this?

He didn't write an article or anything.. He tweeted it

Covercorner2
02-07-2019, 11:35 AM
I would put better odds on the 3 MS kids that signed with AU not panning out than actually making a notable impact.

Moore- headcase/grades
Handy- same
Hall- looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane

Jack Lambert
02-07-2019, 12:06 PM

Why can't he sign with JUCO? They are not even NCAA?

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 12:18 PM
OK....please explain

He would count toward AUs class and if he doesn't qualify, there's no counting that spot back. It would cost them a spot this year/next. In the past, it didn't count.

msstate7
02-07-2019, 12:22 PM
He would count toward AUs class and if he doesn't qualify, there's no counting that spot back. It would cost them a spot this year/next. In the past, it didn't count.

Not against the 85 though right? Not sure I understand what you're saying... if he was spot 85 this year and they lose 26 seniors/early exits next year, they can sign 27 next season, right?

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 12:38 PM
Not against the 85 though right? Not sure I understand what you're saying... if he was spot 85 this year and they lose 26 seniors/early exits next year, they can sign 27 next season, right?

They can't count his spot back next year if he doesn't qualify.

PMDawg
02-07-2019, 01:34 PM
I'm dubious he ever amounts to much. Didn't want to say anything while he was still in play, but this is one that doesn't bother me. Doesn't seem to have his head on straight, and I was not impressed when I saw him play in person. Granted, it was just one game, but Poplarville made him a non-factor. And Poplarville had 0 D1 athletes on their roster. Well, maybe one at RB - but he barely played.

TaleofTwoDogs
02-07-2019, 01:36 PM
I'm not surprised with anything that happens with him. I hope the young man gets his stuff together and has a successful life, some things more important than football.

Maybe so, but everybody has different priorities and a shot at a NFL paycheck is a pretty huge financial and personal goal to achieve in life.

Commercecomet24
02-07-2019, 01:39 PM
Maybe so, but everybody has different priorities and a shot at a NFL paycheck is a pretty huge financial and personal goal to achieve in life.

I wasn't negating his shot at the nfl. My point was he needs to get his life in order in order for him to be successful in life, whatever direction he chooses to take.

confucius say
02-07-2019, 01:55 PM

No. How far under the 85 you are has nothing to do with how many you are allowed to sign in a class.

Lord McBuckethead
02-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Like he has work to do just to graduate high school? didnt know there were any qualifications for juco

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 02:21 PM
If The Fla compliance department gets Black qualified and thru the ncaa clearinghouse we should fire everyone in our compliance office , offer an apology to ever high school kid that we signed and had to send to juco, and report Fla to the NCAA for a full blown investigation...

AlSwearengen
02-07-2019, 02:22 PM
Why isn’t his family making him go juco out of state?

confucius say
02-07-2019, 02:23 PM
If The Fla compliance department gets Black qualified and thru the ncaa clearinghouse we should fire everyone in our compliance office , offer an apology to ever high school kid that we signed and had to send to juco, and report Fla to the NCAA for a full blown investigation...

He will have to go juco

sandwolf
02-07-2019, 02:25 PM

Haha, what? Some of yall are starting to spin stuff as bad as Yancy Porter.

Jarius
02-07-2019, 02:36 PM
Moore is probably going to qualify. We’ve had plenty double sign. Leo Lewis, for one. People melted because we signed a Dan mullen level class with the most in state talent in anyone on here’s lifetime. Moore is a knucklehead that has a higher chance than most of not panning out, but the talent is there for him to be as good as he wants to be.

CadaverDawg
02-07-2019, 02:38 PM

You can't be serious.

I value your info, but this attempt at spinning things is not working. We wanted Moore, period. What "we were doing with Moore", was hoping the weirdo would comeback to us.

CadaverDawg
02-07-2019, 02:39 PM
Moore is probably going to qualify. We’ve had plenty double sign. Leo Lewis, for one. People melted because we signed a Dan mullen level class with the most in state talent in anyone on here’s lifetime. Moore is a knucklehead that has a higher chance than most of not panning out, but the talent is there for him to be as good as he wants to be.

Yep

mstatefan91
02-07-2019, 02:39 PM
Guys, it was a non-committable offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***********

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 03:07 PM
You can't be serious.

I value your info, but this attempt at spinning things is not working. We wanted Moore, period. What "we were doing with Moore", was hoping the weirdo would comeback to us.

I guess we will see

Todd4State
02-08-2019, 01:53 AM
You can't be serious.

Not sure how accurate this is but I heard Moore was the one that came back to us and then chose Auburn. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a feeling that part of the reason he double signed is because he probably still doesn't know what the hell he wants to do. I don't know everything about Moore but it's definitely a messed up situation reading between the lines.

timotheus
02-08-2019, 07:59 AM
You are correct, Todd. He did come back so to speak but the kicker was, as charles said, how much do ya'll want me? He knew he was at risk for juco but tried to make as much $ as possible in the meantime.

Howboutdemdogs
02-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Maybe it is time for all these entities and media outlets that of have a recruiting ranking revisit how they are calculated. All the players that sign but have to go the JC route or opt for another sport, should be subtracted. Several schools would absolutely drop in a heartbeat in the top 25.

ShotgunDawg
02-08-2019, 09:25 AM
You are correct, Todd. He did come back so to speak but the kicker was, as charles said, how much do ya'll want me? He knew he was at risk for juco but tried to make as much $ as possible in the meantime.

If MSU has any evidence of Auburn buying players across state lines this year, MSU should turn them in immediately. We know that would never fly in Alabama

msbulldog
02-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Maybe it is time for all these entities and media outlets that of have a recruiting ranking revisit how they are calculated. All the players that sign but have to go the JC route or opt for another sport, should be subtracted. Several schools would absolutely drop in a heartbeat in the top 25.

Absolutely great idea!

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-08-2019, 11:13 AM
I know it doesn’t mean anything, but an fyi, Moore double signed with Jones jc. Something to keep an eye on going forward.

timotheus
02-08-2019, 11:15 AM
If MSU has any evidence of Auburn buying players across state lines this year, MSU should turn them in immediately. We know that would never fly in Alabama

It is difficult to prove when the prospective recruit simply asks for a certain amount. Lets just say that Auburn made him feel "very appreciated". It is very similar to the LB that the sharks signed(henry). He didn't have to even ask. This is being done by individuals with no connection to the coaching staff, which is how the bear shark regime fell asunder.

timotheus
02-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Better get some chip$ together then. Aubie has him all rolled up nice and tight, juco or not.

gravedigger
02-08-2019, 12:08 PM
play?

BuckyIsAB****
02-08-2019, 12:20 PM

I think you can google it but some sites do a ''class revisited'' type thing and they take out kids who never played or got in trouble and it helps the rankings to be more realistic. Accounts for how many Ws vs Ls and all that kind of stuff.

Jake Wimberly was reading one the other day on his show

Todd4State
02-08-2019, 01:17 PM
play?

I think they at a minimum should take away a star. By their definition I believe a four star is someone that would be expected to contribute as a freshman and you can't contribute if you are at a junior college.