PDA

View Full Version : Grad Transfers

mstatefan91
02-07-2019, 09:20 AM
If I'm not mistaken, we have two slots available for grad transfers on the football team. Do we have anybody in mind for these two slots??

If this needs to be in the recruiting thread, please move it.

Dawgfan77
02-07-2019, 01:06 PM
I have heard as few as two and as many as three. Look for some official visits around super bulldog weekend

hacker
02-07-2019, 01:14 PM
Juwan Johnson is one

Doggie_Style
02-07-2019, 01:23 PM
If I'm not mistaken, we have two slots available for grad transfers on the football team. Do we have anybody in mind for these two slots??

If this needs to be in the recruiting thread, please move it.

Lawrence Cager is a WR from Miami that I think was mentioned

Cowbell
02-07-2019, 01:46 PM
Insert QB Name of the Week***

Irondawg
02-07-2019, 03:24 PM
I wish I was wrong but I think we're going to have a hard time drawing a big WR transfer

yjnkdawg
02-07-2019, 03:35 PM
I wish I was wrong but I think we're going to have a hard time drawing a big WR transfer

You could be right, because all we can tell a wr is this is what our offense will be and how you will fit in. We don't have anything to actually base it on from last year. This limited passing offense this past season did not help in that respect at all. OM can push that narrative for now, based on the prior Freeze and Longo offenses but that concept should be fading away after the offense they should run this next football season

msu15
02-07-2019, 03:44 PM

I think you're right, we're going to have to prove it this season

chef dixon
02-07-2019, 03:53 PM
Arkansas pulled in some wideouts and they haven?t proven anything other than they are terrible

Doggie_Style
02-07-2019, 03:57 PM

Yup...I wonder how much help a 1 year WR transfer would be anyway. It takes some time for sure to adjust to what we are doing on offense. How many times did our WRs (who had been there since spring) look completely lost?

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Yup...I wonder how much help a 1 year WR transfer would be anyway. It takes some time for sure to adjust to what we are doing on offense. How many times did our WRs (who had been there since spring) look completely lost?

Gotta bring in those smart Wr's from the Northeast ***

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 09:25 PM
WR and DT. I think Moorhead wanted Kelly Bryant at QB but no one else.

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2019, 09:30 PM

That wouldn't be a bad idea actually, if they can CATCH the ball.

SmokeyDawg
02-07-2019, 09:40 PM

Or one of the 3 we that have been in his system longer than ours. Not sure how likely that is

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-08-2019, 01:18 AM
One official visitor will be Juwan Johnson as Hacker said. He?s visiting Super Bulldog Weekend. What?s intriguing about him is that he played for JoMo at Penn St. I think he was the second leading receiver JoMo?s last year there. If we?re running their same offense, he should know it.

Todd4State
02-08-2019, 01:27 AM
It's hard to catch a ball when the QB doesn't know where to throw it and then throws everything at 110 MPH.

It's not like there was a lot of confusion when our receivers played last year.

Todd4State
02-08-2019, 01:29 AM
One official visitor will be Juwan Johnson as Hacker said. He?s visiting Super Bulldog Weekend. What?s intriguing about him is that he played for JoMo at Penn St. I think he was the second leading receiver JoMo?s last year there. If we?re running their same offense, he should know it.

Really need to pick him up especially after NSD. He's 6'5" and fits the profile of an outside receiver well.

Also in the melt yesterday we are getting a good grad transfer at punter. That's going to allow us to redshirt Day and it should improve our special teams kicking unit overall. Alabama wanted Waitmann as well.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/10/south_alabama_punter_corliss_w.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTWX4b8DS38