PDA

View Full Version : Basketball RPI

somebodyshotmypaw
02-07-2019, 08:34 AM
I know the committee isn't using RPI as much, but after last night our RPI is 25. Our strength of schedule is 18. For comparison Ole Miss has an RPI of 51 with a strength of schedule of 60.

We certainly have work to do and need to improve. But the level of competition we have played has been very good. Certainly a much tougher schedule than the last few years.

Dawg2003
02-07-2019, 08:39 AM
We need to be 9-9 in conference play. We have 4 more games we can loose.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-07-2019, 08:39 AM
Among SEC teams (includes nonconference and conference games):

We have the 4th highest RPI (behind Tennessee, Kentucky, and LSU).

We have the 4th highest strength of schedule (behind A&M, Alabama, and South Carolina)

msstate7
02-07-2019, 08:45 AM
What's our NET?

sleepy dawg
02-07-2019, 09:14 AM
This is what you need to be looking at and comparing. I doubt RPI will even be glanced at. The committee will likely be looking at a sheet very similar to the one below to make the majority of their decisions. The most important thing will be that Net ranking, then quadrant 1 wins. What will hurt the most is a bad conference record and quadrant 3-4 losses. We have a solid ranking and good quandrant 1 wins at the moment. We need to improve our conference record to get any kind of respect from the committee.

https://i.imgur.com/wXa4GYt.jpg

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2019/net-nitty-team
http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2019/net-nitty

Big4Dawg
02-07-2019, 09:28 AM
State had 6 quadrant 1 wins coming into last night. Which was good for 3rd in the entire country.

klong-dog
02-07-2019, 09:46 AM
I'm sure Slime has, or at least will be notifying the zebras... we gotta keep Kentucky in the #1 seed contention, do what you can without making it too obvious.

RiverCityDawg
02-07-2019, 09:55 AM
I'm sure Slime has, or at least will be notifying the zebras... we gotta keep Kentucky in the #1 seed contention, do what you can without making it too obvious.

"Slime" as in Slive? As is the deceased Mike Slive?

msugolf
02-07-2019, 09:55 AM

He?d better have awesome roam cell coverage to do that. He died a year ago.

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 09:57 AM
We need to be 9-9 in conference play. We have 4 more games we can loose.

We can prob go 8-10 and still get in .. and not as a play in.
Agree 9-9 and you are easily a 5-7 seed
A win Sat or at Aub or at Tenn and get to 10 wins your flirting with the 4 line..

The issue is the sec is really good top to bottom even mizzu and Vandy are competitive at times .. 4-5 now with UK And road games at Tenn and Aub gives us little if no room for a let down game and makes winning at least one more road game a must need 2 more

klong-dog
02-07-2019, 10:07 AM
He?d better have awesome roam cell coverage to do that. He died a year ago.

Sorry. I guess it's not cool to joke on dead people. Obviously meant Greg Stanky.

klong-dog
02-07-2019, 10:21 AM
Yep. It's why last night's game was so big. We really needed to win 2/3 of our current home game stretch. I was looking forward to the Kentucky not having as much pressure on us from beating LSU. Oh well.