PDA

View Full Version : JaVonta Payton

chef dixon
02-06-2019, 08:27 PM
I just watched his JUCO film and maybe I'm crazy, but I think he's already the best WR on our team. He's got good speed/quickness and catches with his hands. I realize that's not saying much, but hey it can't get worse.

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 08:28 PM
I just watched his JUCO film and maybe I'm crazy, but I think he's already the best WR on our team. He's got good speed/quickness and catches with his hands. I realize that's not saying much, but hey it can't get worse.

I haven't watched but like the "catches with his hands part". I hope this WR coach can get that pounded into some WRs heads that we currently have.

Homedawg
02-06-2019, 08:31 PM

I hope so. But to be fair I heard Guidry would be here a year..... and he is our most talented receiver, by far. But had a bad case of the drops. and I'm pretty sure that wasn't getsey's fault

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 09:46 PM
I hope so. But to be fair I heard Guidry would be here a year..... and he is our most talented receiver, by far. But had a bad case of the drops. and I'm pretty sure that wasn't getsey's fault

Didn't catch it with his hands but against his body on his drops.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 09:47 PM
We just need a WR to step.

Seems like other teams find random WRs all the time yet we struggle.

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 09:53 PM
He wasn?t even the top two on his Juco team. But we are terrible at WR. I think he?s depth.

Political Hack
02-06-2019, 10:00 PM
If he can get separation and catches with his hands, put him on the field.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 10:07 PM
I'm hopeful that a lot of our wr issues were kids just thinking too much out there. Hopefully another offseason under joe will let these reads become second nature. I could be way off too and just wishful thinking

Homedawg
02-06-2019, 10:23 PM
Didn't catch it with his hands but against his body on his drops.

He didn't catch it. And clearly he didn't use his hands. Same as D Wilson use to do. He just didn't drop as many. People who have shitty hands do that.

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 10:38 PM
He didn't catch it. And clearly he didn't use his hands. Same as D Wilson use to do. He just didn't drop as many. People who have shitty hands do that.

I should've said tried to catch it against his body. And yea ... just like Bear Wilson did.

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 11:37 PM
He wasn?t even the top two on his Juco team. But we are terrible at WR. I think he?s depth.

Pretty good stat line for a 3 WR