PDA

View Full Version : In other news. Baseball tickets and parking pass just arrived.

Mjoelner34
02-06-2019, 05:54 PM

bulldogcountry1
02-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Yeah. Last year, I selected the parking lot just south of the Hump (lot 3) as my first option and got it. I paid another $100 this year, got neither of my two top choices and got put in lot 4 by the soccer field. I'm pretty pissed. What happened since last year that would knock me so far down the totem pole?

sethjoh
02-06-2019, 06:44 PM
Did y’all receive a email with tracking number like football or did they just show up?

confucius say
02-06-2019, 06:47 PM
Yeah. Last year, I selected the parking lot just south of the Hump (lot 3) as my first option and got it. I paid another $100 this year, got neither of my two top choices and got put in lot 4 by the soccer field. I'm pretty pissed. What happened since last year that would knock me so far down the totem pole?

Prob my fault. I got tix and a pass this year

Mjoelner34
02-06-2019, 06:52 PM

The only thing I can think of is more higher level BDC members bought passes. I've always heard that BDC rank applies more to your parking situation than your seat selection. I didn't buy one last year because I didn't pay attention to all of the press releases and just thought that the parking lot thing was temporary until I saw them guarding empty lots during the 4th inning of a Tuesday night game in early March. I knew then that I better try to get one this year.

Pit Bull
02-06-2019, 06:53 PM
Anybody in the Memphis and surrounding areas got their tickets? I have not. Also, did they come by Fedex, UPS or USPS?

Mjoelner34
02-06-2019, 06:55 PM
Mine came by USPS Priority Mail and did not include a notice from MSU that they were on the way. And, I live in Starkville.

sethjoh
02-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Mine came by USPS Priority Mail and did not include a notice from MSU that they were on the way. And, I live in Starkville.

Thanks for the info!!!

Pit Bull
02-06-2019, 08:03 PM
The only thing I can think of is more higher level BDC members bought passes. I've always heard that BDC rank applies more to your parking situation than your seat selection. I didn't buy one last year because I didn't pay attention to all of the press releases and just thought that the parking lot thing was temporary until I saw them guarding empty lots during the 4th inning of a Tuesday night game in early March. I knew then that I better try to get one this year.

I felt forced to buy one in the handicap parking lot as MSU changed up all the parking areas and started charging for them. Didn't want to be a mile away with my diabetic ulcer prone feet. Now, you are right in that many of us will not be there for a lot of midweek games. So those parking lots will likely look empty even though we purchased spots. So, I am one to probably blame as well.

Mjoelner34
02-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Is it my imagination or did they change up the ADA lots a little this year? Last year I think they only had one lot and it was like 3 or 4 tiers where the dark blue is now. I also recall people with ADA passes weren't allowed in there without a parking pass also. Looks like its broken into 2 lots this year. ADA with parking pass and ADA without parking pass for a $5 charge. I think its much better that way. I'm sure there are some ADA folks that physically can't make enough games to justify a parking pass yet they should also have a place to park.

https://hailstate.com/documents/2018/3/5//BaseballBClots2017.pdf?id=9693

SaintDawg
02-06-2019, 08:49 PM

I got stuck in Lot 4 too. I was in Lot 2 the past 2 seasons.

confucius say
02-06-2019, 08:56 PM

I'm in Lot 2. Which one is that?

bulldogcountry1
02-06-2019, 09:03 PM

It's not much further away than where I was. It's the principle of it. All parking is not created equal, but the price is the same. I got something worse for the same price despite attending 80% of the games. It's also a tiny lot. They probably oversold the lot by 50%, and parking pass holders will get redirected to South Farm when it fills up.

bulldogcountry1
02-06-2019, 09:04 PM
I'm in Lot 2. Which one is that?

The big one.

timotheus
02-06-2019, 11:53 PM
Donate more $$, make em think more of you.

Pit Bull
02-07-2019, 06:24 AM
Is it my imagination or did they change up the ADA lots a little this year? Last year I think they only had one lot and it was like 3 or 4 tiers where the dark blue is now. I also recall people with ADA passes weren't allowed in there without a parking pass also. Looks like its broken into 2 lots this year. ADA with parking pass and ADA without parking pass for a $5 charge. I think its much better that way. I'm sure there are some ADA folks that physically can't make enough games to justify a parking pass yet they should also have a place to park.

https://hailstate.com/documents/2018/3/5//BaseballBClots2017.pdf?id=9693

Last year you could just drive up and show your handicap placard and pay $5. This year, you have to have a season parking ticket AND handicap placard to get in.