PDA

View Full Version : 2019 wrap up

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 05:49 PM
You can believe me or not, care about my opinion or not but Im going to write this out anyway. I see a lot of these kids during summer and all during the season and coached a couple of them who both signed SEC LOI's today. And Im going to tell y'all this, if we had signed them all today instead of some back on ESD we would all be high as a kite. Well the sane ones anyway not the ones who have already dug Moorheads grave and made his tombstone. Im going to try to give yall a player by player breakdown on what I saw of them during the season and 7 on 7 for the ones that I didnt see during. I know I have been big on Mingo all cycle long and deservedly so, hate we didnt get him bc he is special. But I think something we should do is look at the kids we did get and see that we got some damn good ones. If I leave any off its bc I have never seen them in person play a snap. Apologize in advance if long.

Jarrian Jones: You knew the first time you saw him this past summer at camps and in 7 on 7 he was special. He had one of the best all star game showings out of anyone along with Pickering. He is exceptional with the ball in the air as a WR and a DB my only concern with him is if he will ever be physical enough to play every down defense in this league. IMO he should play WR but mine doesnt matter. His does. Most importantly the kid is all dawg and did his best to get some others here. Him vs Mingo will be a great matchup for years to come. Jarrian will tell you Mingo was the best WR he played and Mingo would tell you Jarrian is the best DB he played. Could be our best WR if he chose to play that. Explosive with the ball in his hands. Could easily be our PR and KR day 1. Could play CB, S, or WR. Kid loves to talk too and can back it up. He has a Deion attitude and you need that to play that position.

Nathan Pickering: 5 star talent IMO. Is really big and really fast. Seminary used him as QB some theyd just snap it to him and say go get it, and he looked damn athletic doing it. Him, Jones and Cross had great MS/AL practices and games. Really big deal to get all 3. Pickering is the most college ready DL in the class, could probably trim some weight but we can take care of that. Kid is a beast and was obviously all Dawg from the jump. He is going to be a 3 year player and early entree into the draft. Jeffrey Simmons esque type player.

Charles Cross: Best OL we have signed in years. Long, athletic and mean as a snake. Go watch his Hudl for all you need to know on the kid. He finishes with the best of them and is only going to get better. He could play next year if needed. Even better is he is an early entree guy so he will have a headstart on the other OL. 6'5 270 should probably play around 290 or so. If Mullen and Hev are here we never sniff this kid. Credit to Moorhead and co for getting him. Everybody in the league wanted him by the time he signed his papers. His rise during the all star games was something else. Prototypical LT

Brandon Cunningham: When he wanted to be he was hellacious. Up and down some on film but when he decided to play was as good as any. If he was at a metro school he'd be ranked higher because he is huge and can move. Saw him pick up another good HS OL when he was playing Nose and throw him like a ragdoll. Had a lazy streak but was part of a team at St. Martin that had 10 guys sign papers today. Really talented team but was allowed to be lazy. That wont happen at MSU. He is extremely talented and mean. Needs to slim down some, probably a RS player but will be another Gabe Jackson road grader type before he is done.

Javeious Purvis: If he played at Brandon or NWR and not Pelahatchie he would be at least a 4 star. Didnt have a true position at the Hatch because they put him at QB bc he was their best athlete. But seeing him on film some and at 7 on 7 he is a beast. Extremely physical and twitchy. Probably a Matthew Wells/Willie Gay type. Smaller but will strike your ass at LB. Could play the Brian Cole/ Jon Abram type too. Really excited about him. Under the radar bc he is from Pelahatchie but trust me dude can ball.

Kyziah Pruitt: Gonna be a solid dependable slot WR. Deddrick Thomas type. Good hands but gonna be really raw when he gets here. Noxubee Co. isnt the most modern offense but he will get there. Prolly a RS but glad to have him. Keeping that Noxubee pipeline going. Smaller but a solid blocker when he got his hands inside.

Jack Harris: Had an injury during the season that slowed him up some but when he came back and was healthy was really productive. Another guy that was probably allowed to be a little lazy but when he wanted to go he stood out. He is well put together and could maybe play ILB. He is athletic enough. Has some good pass rush moves and is quick enough to make you respect the edge rush but can surprise you with his strength. Another solid player from OG. Wouldnt surprise me to see him produce early on special teams.

Dylan Lawrence: Big athletic looking kid. Def passed the look test. He was part of a bad team at GC so you could tell he wasnt all in at points but again, a kid when he wanted to go was pretty good. He is worth a late take and will RS. But you dont find many 6'5 190 guys that can run a 4.6 this late in the game. Gonna need to find a true position and be developed but I think he will be a WR or OLB at the next level. He wanted to be a Dawg from the jump.

DeMonte Russell: Injuries really hurt his stock and he was still a 4 star. He is going to be raw but dude can play. Gonna need to put on weight but is really long and athletic. Good with his hands and feet, he will grow and be another big time DL here. His arms are so long that Tackles are going to be in trouble when he figures it out. Kid really wanted to be here and that is great. Had a good showing in the all star game, surprised he didnt make the MS/AL but that may have somn to do with being at Provine. If he was at another metro school he would be much more hyped.

We signed great classes on the OL and DL and got our QB. We signed big time guys where championships are won and that is on the LOS. I think all of them will be starters before its over. The DL prospects could skip RS's and be ready for us if we need the depth especially at DT. I think the biggest sleeper in the class is Purvis.. He is a damn good one and could be a Nickoe Whitley, B-Mac before it is done.

Hail State

tireddawg
02-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Too positive*. Seriously, enjoyed the read.

hacker
02-06-2019, 05:59 PM
Good info, that's the kind of stuff I come here for

Todd4State
02-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Thanks Bucky. My sleeper of the class is Lee Witherspoon. Purvis is my sleeper on defense.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Good stuff. Thank you

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 06:14 PM
Thanks Bucky! Appreciate that!