PDA

View Full Version : So this recruiting class has the highest average player rating

deadheaddawg
02-06-2019, 05:38 PM
We have had since they started keeping track of this? Is that correct? Just

Highest average rankings in a year all the blue bloods were flocking to MS. Pretty impressive for a brand new coach

This coming off a season where our coach, in his first year as a head coach in D1, won as many games as he was projected to.

Seems like he held serve. Moorhead didn't do a great job, but he hardly did a bad job.

Moorhead hit expectations right on the head. Your crying and pouting like a kid doesn't make this not true. Just because you had unreasonable expectations, doesn't make them the correct expectations

I will pray for the people on this board tonight.

Thank you Cohen, Moorhead, and Staff

msstate7
02-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Avg per recruit and the 2 elite players he signed helps stomach finishing last in the west. Truth be known though, I'd have liked to have filled this class out with project 3-stars even if it hurt our avg per recruit.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 05:42 PM
You sir are a way bigger problem to the future success of MSU football than I'll ever be.

mstatefan91
02-06-2019, 05:47 PM
You sir are a way bigger problem to the future success of MSU football than I'll ever be.

Why does it have to be this way shotgun? You have your opinion and he has his.. Let's all just be miserable together come football season!

deadheaddawg
02-06-2019, 05:47 PM

Get over yourself dumbass. You are not that important and I'm not that important .

Our impact on the future of this program only lies on the money we spend. I have a kid at state and get 10 season tickets in football. That's all we matter to the success of the program.

I used to just think you were a fool. Now I'm convinced you have a mental illness.

My thoughts and prayers to your family

tireddawg
02-06-2019, 05:49 PM

You keep fighting with them key strokes brother.*

deadheaddawg
02-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Avg per recruit and the 2 elite players he signed helps stomach finishing last in the west. Truth be known though, I'd have liked to have filled this class out with project 3-stars even if it hurt our avg per recruit.

lol

At least you admit today's melt is completely about what we all love to knock ole miss for.

A recruiting ranking. Not the talent of the kids mind you, but just that little number

Ole Miss's class is garbage and honestly outside of the top 10-15 or so schools it's all a numbers game that schools like ole miss manipulate to make themselves appears better.

And you are CLEARLY jealous of that. I'm sorry you can't hang your head high around your ole miss buddies because they signed more players that will never see the field. Tell them I said congrats.

BeardoMSU
02-06-2019, 05:55 PM
https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/final-sec-247-composite-recruiting-rankings-by-avg-recruit/81878830/

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 05:55 PM
Get over yourself dumbass. You are not that important and I'm not that important .

Our impact on the future of this program only lies on the money we spend. I have a kid at state and get 10 season tickets in football. That's all we matter to the success of the program.

I used to just think you were a fool. Now I'm convinced you have a mental illness.

My thoughts and prayers to your family

Did you consider what their recruiting average would be if you eliminated the bottom 7 players that they signed.

So what would be the average if you took OM's best 23 vs our best 23?

What you wrote was ignorant & dumb.

Mental illness? Are you 17ing kidding me?

Posting dumb stuff like this lowers the degree of MSU.

The excuses & wussification of this fan base is absolutely mind boggling & disturbing. Most of you have absolutely no idea how to win. Absolutely none. You just want someone to pat your head & tell you everything is gonna be ok. It's ridiculous how gullible some of you are.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 05:57 PM
lol

At least you admit today's melt is completely about what we all love to knock ole miss for.

A recruiting ranking. Not the talent of the kids mind you, but just that little number

Ole Miss's class is garbage and honestly outside of the top 10-15 or so schools it's all a numbers game that schools like ole miss manipulate to make themselves appears better.

And you are CLEARLY jealous of that. I'm sorry you can't hang your head high around your ole miss buddies because they signed more players that will never see the field. Tell them I said congrats.

Avg per recruit loses its value when you undersign for no reason.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 06:00 PM

Average recruiting rankings per player goes down when you sign more players.

5 star
5 star
5 star
5 star

= 5 star average.

5 star
5 star
5 star
5 star
1 star

= 4.2 star average

Use your brain

Todd4State
02-06-2019, 06:01 PM

How about if you oversign Will James?

msstate7
02-06-2019, 06:03 PM
Average recruiting rankings per player goes down when you sign more players.

5 star
5 star
5 star
5 star

= 5 star average.

5 star
5 star
5 star
5 star
1 star

= 4.2 star average

Use your brain

Why did you quote me with this? I've said essentially the same thing

ShotgunDawg
Why did you quote me with this? I've said essentially the same thing

Gotcha. Was just confirming your point. Good post

BuckyIsAB****
https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/final-sec-247-composite-recruiting-rankings-by-avg-recruit/81878830/

7 and Shotgun click this and please have a beer

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 06:05 PM
Did you consider what their recruiting average would be if you eliminated the bottom 7 players that they signed.

The excuses & wussification of this fan base is absolutely mind boggling & disturbing. Most of you have absolutely no idea how to win. Absolutely none. You just want someone to pat your head & tell you everything is gonna be ok. It's ridiculous how gullible some of you are.

I promise you I know how to win and its not flipping shit and finger pointing when something doesnt go your way or when somebody says you aint as good as someone else

deadheaddawg
02-06-2019, 06:18 PM

I ran the numbers. Average of ole miss top 23 is 88.66. we are 88.64.

So if you want to look at it like this, let's look at who will actually make it on campus.

Out of our class who do we expect to not make it? What about ole miss?

I will re-run the numbers.

Again it's clear some of our fans are more concerned with recruiting ranking than actual players.

I assume shotgun and msstate7 have never made fun of ole miss for doing that

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 06:25 PM
I ran the numbers. Average of ole miss top 23 is 88.66. we are 88.64.

So if you want to look at it like this, let's look at who will actually make it on campus.

Out of our class who do we expect to not make it? What about ole miss?

I will re-run the numbers.

Again it's clear some of our fans are more concerned with recruiting ranking than actual players.

I assume shotgun and msstate7 have never made fun of ole miss for doing that

I agree on your point of who will make it to campus. Just pointing out that the average recruit ranking is flawed.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2019, 06:30 PM

Dude, we just signed one of the best classes we have ever signed and you are melting down. Give it a rest.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2019, 06:31 PM

You can't have more than 85. We are at 83. How exactly did we undersign?

deadheaddawg
02-06-2019, 06:32 PM
I agree on your point of who will make it to campus. Just pointing out that the average recruit ranking is flawed.

Not as flawed as total recruiting rankings, which is what everyone is freaking out over.

Why do you care that ole miss finished "higher" than us if their class isn't balanced and had highly rated players that will not actually play?

Who gives a crap?

You obviously do, but why would a rational person care?

Msstate7 wants us to sign 3 stars just to look better in the recruiting rankings. Even though it better to leave a couple of spots open for transfers and next December.......nope. he doesn't want that. It's more important to y'all to finish ahead of ole miss in some poll that doesn't matter than to actually get players we need.

Ole miss owns y'all's dome. They are in your head and you are acting like little brother.

It's embarrassing TBH

Just obsessed with ole miss. And obviously jealous, although for the life of me I don't know why

Oxfordawg
02-06-2019, 06:47 PM
How many elite defensive guys did they sign? Did they sign another Metcalf because they will need several receivers in his caliber to compete with a complete lack of defense. I wish we could have done better but those guys are still inflating their rankings by signing tons of receivers without filling any positions of need.

deadheaddawg
02-06-2019, 07:06 PM
How many elite defensive guys did they sign? Did they sign another Metcalf because they will need several receivers in his caliber to compete with a complete lack of defense. I wish we could have done better but those guys are still inflating their rankings by signing tons of receivers without filling any positions of need.

Shotgun is on record saying ole miss has a better class and luke handed us our ass

lol

confucius say
02-06-2019, 07:10 PM

And cut who? Even if couch transfers (which is not guaranteed) that still would only give us 22 spots available under the 85.

And remember the new apr penalizes you now for every kid who leaves your program.

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 07:17 PM
A scholarship at State is a 4 year contract. We refuse to do the things necessary to free up spots.

oldjoedawg
02-06-2019, 07:27 PM
We have had since they started keeping track of this? Is that correct? Just

Highest average rankings in a year all the blue bloods were flocking to MS. Pretty impressive for a brand new coach

This coming off a season where our coach, in his first year as a head coach in D1, won as many games as he was projected to.

Seems like he held serve. Moorhead didn't do a great job, but he hardly did a bad job.

Moorhead hit expectations right on the head. Your crying and pouting like a kid doesn't make this not true. Just because you had unreasonable expectations, doesn't make them the correct expectations

I will pray for the people on this board tonight.

Thank you Cohen, Moorhead, and Staff

Great post!

oldjoedawg
02-06-2019, 07:36 PM
Not as flawed as total recruiting rankings, which is what everyone is freaking out over.

Why do you care that ole miss finished "higher" than us if their class isn't balanced and had highly rated players that will not actually play?

Who gives a crap?

Msstate7 wants us to sign 3 stars just to look better in the recruiting rankings. Even though it better to leave a couple of spots open for transfers and next December.......nope. he doesn't want that. It's more important to y'all to finish ahead of ole miss in some poll that doesn't matter than to actually get players we need.

Ole miss owns y'all's dome. They are in your head and you are acting like little brother.

It's embarrassing TBH

Just obsessed with ole miss. And obviously jealous, although for the life of me I don't know why

This man speaks 'truth' to the unenlightened!

msstate7
02-06-2019, 07:39 PM

Who gives a crap?

It's embarrassing TBH

Why do make up stuff about me? I wanted us to sign more players bc more players are more chances for us to develop good ones. I want us to get to the 85 number every signing day. If we want a transfer after signing day, make room... there are players on every sec roster that probably need to be processed.

Dawg61
02-06-2019, 08:32 PM

You're an awful poster that posts entirely too much. Give the board a rest and delete your account.