PDA

View Full Version : OM is still cheating

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-06-2019, 03:54 PM
4* LB Lakita Henry signs with OM over Arkansas. Henry had told all the Arkansas people he would sign with them, and went with his gf to look at apartments in Fayetteville on Sunday, the last day before the dead period. 100% of crystal balls were for Arkansas. He

Then TheRebelWalk posts this http://therebelwalk.com/2019/02/a-look-at-ole-miss-class-of-2019-targets-for-national-signing-day/ on Sunday outright telling us the staff was going to visit him illegally. All crystal balls are still on Arky till noon today when suddenly it comes out he's signed with OM.

The NCAA is so pathetic. You can read Arkansas account of things here https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/anukax/2019_4_ilb_lakia_henry_signs_with_ole_miss/

KOdawg1
02-06-2019, 03:55 PM
They never stopped. It's a way of life ingrained into their DNA

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 03:56 PM
Honestly, we need to start replicating what they do. They just following Bama/AU/GA lead.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 03:56 PM
Bad news for Moorhead is this year was as tame as it will be.

GreenheadDawg
02-06-2019, 03:57 PM
You say that as if you are surprised. Until the NCAA shuts the program down they will never stop. Never. But they are gonna suck something fierce next year.

bluelightstar
02-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Should we not be doing the same thing

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 04:03 PM
In other news, water is still wet....

Political Hack
02-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Until we hire a defense attorney with ncaa experience to run compliance, we need to just accept it for what it is. When we get serious about competing as an institution they'll change our Pop Warner compliance office.

Ari Gold
02-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Until we hire a defense attorney with ncaa experience to run compliance, we need to just accept it for what it is. When we get serious about competing as an institution they'll change our Pop Warner compliance office.

Ding ding ding ... we have a winner.

timotheus
02-06-2019, 04:30 PM

No question about it. I regularly work in Lafayette county and those folks really know how to work the $100 hand shakes with the prospective athletes and promise more to come later. They paid several K to a few guys who went elsewhere but I think they rally made Mr Henry feel appreciated$.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Should we not be doing the same thing

Why not? OM did it for decades and when the NCAA finally came (which they only did because OM was very obvious), they did nothing. Now their own boards are posting news about the staff violation the dead period, and we know nothing will happen. They aren't even hiding it.

So why shouldn't we do what they do? Maybe be a bit more below the radar sure, but why not? Is it really cheating when every school you play against is doing it? Sounds like a fair fight to me, not something immoral.

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 04:41 PM

Yep.

Jack Lambert
02-06-2019, 04:43 PM
If this is true I am sure Arkansas will complain. Give them the info. I am sure the NCAA is still watching Ole Miss.

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 04:46 PM
We don’t even attempt to push the rules. That’s not going to change either.

Pit Bull
02-06-2019, 04:47 PM
4* LB Lakita Henry signs with OM over Arkansas. Henry had told all the Arkansas people he would sign with them, and went with his gf to look at apartments in Fayetteville on Sunday, the last day before the dead period. 100% of crystal balls were for Arkansas. He

Then TheRebelWalk posts this http://therebelwalk.com/2019/02/a-look-at-ole-miss-class-of-2019-targets-for-national-signing-day/ on Sunday outright telling us the staff was going to visit him illegally. All crystal balls are still on Arky till noon today when suddenly it comes out he's signed with OM.

The NCAA is so pathetic. You can read Arkansas account of things here https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/anukax/2019_4_ilb_lakia_henry_signs_with_ole_miss/

Wow....didn't think Plumlee would go to the ReBearSharks. And they kept their 5-Star RB.....let's hope he plays MLB.

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 04:52 PM
We also don’t want to hurt a kid’s feelings by processing kids to make room for other ones that could be better. We’re the all around good guy program. We just want kids that want to be here.

BeardoMSU
02-06-2019, 04:56 PM

Question: will our administration ever recognize this?

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-06-2019, 04:56 PM
If this is true I am sure Arkansas will complain. Give them the info. I am sure the NCAA is still watching Ole Miss.

I actually think the opposite. The NCAA cares about themselves. They spent YEARS in Oxford doing a very publicized investigation and handed out a punishment. to go back to OM not 2 years later is to say 'Our punishments were ineffective, they're still cheating like crazy".

Now why would the NCAA admit that mistake? What does it gain them? OM cheats harder than most schools but the vast majority of schools still aren't clean. If the NCAA really cared about integrity they'd have done a lot more at a lot of schools. Instead they pretend nothing is going on.

Going back to OM does nothing to solve the overall heating problem in football and yet it makes them look like a joke. In my opinion, OM is in the best spot in the world to cheat. We however, are nt since the OM lackeys made us look dirty too and accused the NCAA of bias. Targeting us would make them fair, targeting OM again doens't

Jack Lambert
02-06-2019, 04:58 PM
They continue to do all this and still did not break the top 20 in recruiting team ranking. Don't forget they have only won 16 games in three years with loaded recruiting classes. 2016 the class was ranked 5. In 2015 the class was ranked 17th. Those guys are gone. Now they 2017 ranked 31. 2018 ranked 32 and this year ranked 22. They can't win with top five class how are they going to win with that?

Pit Bull
02-06-2019, 05:01 PM
No question about it. I regularly work in Lafayette county and those folks really know how to work the $100 hand shakes with the prospective athletes and promise more to come later. They paid several K to a few guys who went elsewhere but I think they rally made Mr Henry feel appreciated$.

My 2nd cousin was a big OM Cigar boy. He has since passed away, but he told me they know how to get players and then showed me a briefcase with about $5000 in it mostly in small bills....$20 & $50.....and some $100. He donated that amount every year to someone who handled getting the cash to the players they really wanted. And, he told me a lot of times, they didn't get the player even after giving him $500-1000 in cash. Said it was part of the business knowing some players would take the money and sign elsewhere. He did this for their big recruiting weekend and told me a lot of other boosters did the same if not more. He just laughed it off as the price of doing business in the SEC. He was a former owner/investor of a large furniture manufacturer within the OM geographical realm. I turned all this in to the NCAA, but never heard back from them. They could have used this to start sniffing around OM years ago....I dunno. It is what it is I suppose.

Jack Lambert
02-06-2019, 05:01 PM
I actually think the opposite. The NCAA cares about themselves. They spent YEARS in Oxford doing a very publicized investigation and handed out a punishment. to go back to OM not 2 years later is to say 'Our punishments were ineffective, they're still cheating like crazy".

Now why would the NCAA admit that mistake? What does it gain them? OM cheats harder than most schools but the vast majority of schools still aren't clean. If the NCAA really cared about integrity they'd have done a lot more at a lot of schools. Instead they pretend nothing is going on.

Going back to OM does nothing to solve the overall heating problem in football and yet it makes them look like a joke. In my opinion, OM is in the best spot in the world to cheat. We however, are nt since the OM lackeys made us look dirty too and accused the NCAA of bias. Targeting us would make them fair, targeting OM again doens't

If Arkansas screams loud enough they will be heard. Don't forget they got Jerry Jones in their corner. He probably has some pull in places and his grand son plays at Arkansas. Never say never.

We knew what they were doing and we knew they would get caught. They will get caught again. Just be patient.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-06-2019, 05:02 PM

How would you know?

https://media.giphy.com/media/10lqVdCCc9812M/giphy.gif

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 05:28 PM
Here is how I'd run compliance. Should I apply?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTurSi0LhJs

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 06:24 PM
They are def still playing ball and we are standing in the concession line