PDA

View Full Version : I need somebody to explain Oregon

Irondawg
02-06-2019, 02:52 PM
They came into the SE and got multiple good players to move thousands of miles away to play for a 9-4 team that was 5-4 in the freaking Pac-10. I know they have Nike and Cristobal has some ties, but family, location and the SEC should have given any of the SEC school at least even footing.

I can see 1-2 kids wanting to get away, but they did something in one year that we've never been able to do.

Mobile Bay
02-06-2019, 02:55 PM
Legal Weed

preachermatt83
02-06-2019, 02:55 PM
Cristobal will build a beast there.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 03:02 PM
Everyone that comes from Bama knows how to recruit due to the access that Bama gets to the 7 on 7 teams, HS coaches across the country, & their network.

For example: Alabama was not recruiting Amari Cooper at some point early in his recruitment & the Miami Northwestern coach took Cooper to Alabama one day & told Saban to find his best DB to try & cover him. Bama offered Cooper that day.

The moral of that story is that the coach at Miami Northwestern, one of the best HS programs in America, took a player to Alabama, a 12-13 hour drive from Miami, without an offer, just to be seen by the Alabama coaches.

So when you coach at Alabama, you have access to relationships that coaching at virtually no other program offers & that leads to those assistants carrying those relationships with them to their next job.

It is what it is & it's also the reason Saban can pop in two weeks before signing day & steal 2 of our assistants

Irondawg
02-06-2019, 03:03 PM
Cristobal will build a beast there.

But why?

I think he and Kirby both realized that talent trumps everything and basically dare them to come after you, especially if you already have a national brand. Ole Miss was basically almost there before it fell apart.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 03:28 PM
Tennessee just beat out Alabama for a 5 star LB.

Again, another former Alabama coach that knows how to recruit.

RougeDawg
02-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Tennessee just beat out Alabama for a 5 star LB.

Again, another former Alabama coach that knows how to recruit.

And Bama knows how to dismantle a coaching staff that threatens their recruiting prowess. They not only recruit well, they destroy other programs even better.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 03:40 PM
And Bama knows how to dismantle a coaching staff that threatens their recruiting prowess. They not only recruit well, they destroy other programs even better.

No doubt

coachnorm
02-06-2019, 03:50 PM
Psychology of the young mind come into place. Oregon is all about the youth and does not have a priority on tradition. Oregon lives for today and not the past. What appeals to the traditionalist is irrelevant to the youth and Oregon is tuned in to this. Nike has helped profoundly and the Oregon machine knows how to roll with it? Remember, the State of Oregon produces very little high school talent yet Oregon has become a Mecca for the young minds?

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 03:55 PM
What do you think Cristobal learned from Saban. It wasn't how to be the most cool or convincing dude in the room. He learned how to hide the distribution of $$.

Dildoes
02-06-2019, 04:09 PM
Psychology of the young mind come into place. Oregon is all about the youth and does not have a priority on tradition. Oregon lives for today and not the past. What appeals to the traditionalist is irrelevant to the youth and Oregon is tuned in to this. Nike has helped profoundly and the Oregon machine knows how to roll with it? Remember, the State of Oregon produces very little high school talent yet Oregon has become a Mecca for the young minds?

This is the correct answer. Oregon is still the “cool” school, and until Phil Knight stops shoveling obscene amounts of money into that program, it will remain that way.

Bothrops
02-06-2019, 04:11 PM
Seriously hot girls that don't care about their reputations because no one else does. It's almost like Europe compared to here.

Irondawg
02-06-2019, 04:11 PM
My point is that I know they have nice facilities and it's a neat place to visit, but they had a lot of success gaining traction to even get people to visit that we can't get to make a 3-6 hour trip to Starkville. In my mind some of the "trendy" part of Oregon had worn off the past 5 years or so. It all change with Cristobal walking in the door so something changed.

coachnorm
02-06-2019, 04:28 PM
Seriously hot girls that don't care about their reputations because no one else does. It's almost like Europe compared to here.

Not to come across disrespectful, but how can anyone comment on Oregon females who take pride in their personal appearances if they have not been there or researched that culture? The same can be said about European girls? I thank God that the US Navy sent me to Holy Lock, Scotland which allowed me, as an 18 year old, to go clubbing in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, and London. At least I got an eye full before I drew my conclusions?

Bothrops
02-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Not to come across disrespectful, but how can anyone comment on Oregon females who take pride in their personal appearances if they have not been there or researched that culture? The same can be said about European girls? I thank God that the US Navy sent me to Holy Lock, Scotland which allowed me, as an 18 year old, to go clubbing in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, and London. At least I got an eye full before I drew my conclusions?

So I guess you know who I am and that I'm making random shit up?