PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun, describe "losing the fan base"

basedog
02-06-2019, 02:27 PM
I have to say sir you are kidding yourself. Msu has never been better in sports, as far as recruiting, please it's not even close as bad as your forecast. Fact is, it's pretty much as improved, why you live in misery over Msu is your business, I'm just glad I don't have to sit by you at football, basketball and baseball games.

Why bitch complain and kick a dawg when a kid committed to Cheater U, then signs with them and you melt? It's recruiting, recruiting guys who rate players will always play into the "Blue Lines", not the underdogs such as Msu.

Time will tell, but I sure wish you naysayers would praise the ones we got who want to be at Dear Ole State! Not the ones that don't!

This is just me, I want every give up on Msu and folks like you should quit posting as you did say "the fan base is lost", really?

RougeDawg
02-06-2019, 02:28 PM
I have to say sir you are kidding yourself. Msu has never been better in sports, as far as recruiting, please it's not even close as bad as your forecast. Fact is, it's pretty much as improved, why you live in misery over Msu is your business, I'm just glad I don't have to sit by you at football, basketball and baseball games.

Why bitch complain and kick a dawg when a kid committed to Cheater U, then signs with them and you melt? It's recruiting, recruiting guys who rate players will always play into the "Blue Lines", not the underdogs such as Msu.

Time will tell, but I sure wish you naysayers would praise the ones we got who want to be at Dear Ole State! Not the ones that don't!

This is just me, I want every give up on Msu and folks like you should quit posting as you did say "the fan base is lost", really?

Allowing your QB to keep making the wrong reads in games that should have been easy W?s, is called losing the fan base. Coaches do not allow that. Period.

basedog
02-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Expectations are not the same as reality!

bluelightstar
02-06-2019, 02:36 PM
Expectations are not the same as reality!

Expectations are how job performance is measured in virtually all industries.

basedog
02-06-2019, 02:58 PM
Expectations are how job performance is measured in virtually all industries.

So 8-5, New Year's bowl game seems to be about right for Msu football. How many New Year bowls have we played, how many Sec championships have we won, what about National Championships., how many losing seasons verus winning seasons! I will hang up and listen to your expectations.

I think Shotgun should start a GoFund to raise money to get a great coach**

Gutter Cobreh
02-06-2019, 03:02 PM
So 8-5, New Year's bowl game seems to be about right for Msu football. How many New Year bowls have we played, how many Sec championships have we won, what about National Championships., how many losing seasons verus winning seasons! I will hang up and listen to your expectations.

I think Shotgun should start a GoFund to raise money to get a great coach**

Why a GoFundme? We have quite a few "qualified" coaches on this board. He just needs to name the place and time and they all can meet and have mock interviews...

basedog
02-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Why a GoFundme? We have quite a few "qualified" coaches on this board. He just needs to name the place and time and they all can meet and have mock interviews...

Well I agree but I did add the ** at the end of the GoFund.

As for as Mock Interviews, they do it all the time. Lost fan base, LMBO!

Todd4State
02-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Allowing your QB to keep making the wrong reads in games that should have been easy W?s, is called losing the fan base. Coaches do not allow that. Period.

The coach can't make the QB not throw into triple coverage or see wide open people.

bluelightstar
02-06-2019, 03:18 PM
The coach can't make the QB not throw into triple coverage or see wide open people.

The bench can, but we didn't use it

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2019, 03:20 PM

Great Post

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 03:21 PM
I said this a couple months ago and it's true. Some people never liked the Moorhead hire and they'll never accept him barring an insanely good season. He's also following the only coach in my lifetime that wasn't fired, so he's following one of the best we've had and that's tough. I absolutely have concerns about his offense and ability to adapt to the talent available, but he's doing more in recruiting than we've seen. Didn't necessarily show up this round, but I believe it will next time.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2019, 03:22 PM
The bench can, but we didn't use it

Not always. You guys seem to think you can tell a player to do or not do something and he automatically does what you tell him. Coaching and sports doesn't work that way.

bluelightstar
02-06-2019, 03:27 PM
Not always. You guys seem to think you can tell a player to do or not do something and he automatically does what you tell him. Coaching and sports doesn't work that way.

I'm not going to pretend to have played college sports. I didn't. But even for what I did play, if the coach didn't like my performance, it would be off to the sidelines. That's my point. I'm not saying he didn't coach Fitz hard enough (I never thought Fitz was that good of a *QB,* so his 2018 didn't surprise me), but I am saying he doesn't have to put up with it.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2019, 03:41 PM
I'm not going to pretend to have played college sports. I didn't. But even for what I did play, if the coach didn't like my performance, it would be off to the sidelines. That's my point. I'm not saying he didn't coach Fitz hard enough (I never thought Fitz was that good of a *QB,* so his 2018 didn't surprise me), but I am saying he doesn't have to put up with it.

Actually a LOT of times you DO have to put up with it. You go with the best option to win games. Most times that best option ain't perfect. Many times it's not even close. I don't think there is an argument to made about Fitz not being the best option we had at QB.

If you knew what we had and what Moorhead brought to the table you had to know we were going to struggle on offense against really good defenses. Heck we did running Mullen's with pretty much the same people who fit his system much better. After UK and Florida Joe DID adapt. He didn't go full Mullen but he sure as heck wasn't running his scheme full out either. We still were a dropped pass away from beating UF. I ain't gonna proclaim Joe the next Saban based on last year. I'm also not anywhere close to proclaiming him the next Rick Ray yet either. Y'all tend to forget he was just about THE highest rated assistant in the country.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-06-2019, 03:49 PM
Mullen was our Saban. We all like to say that whoever follows up Saban will be doomed from the start. Well...

NCDawg
02-06-2019, 04:08 PM
Mullen was our Saban. We all like to say that whoever follows up Saban will be doomed from the start. Well...

Oh, man. Mullen was no where close to Saban. Plenty of guys we could have hired that would have been as good as Mullen-Cohen just didn't do it.

99jc
02-06-2019, 04:16 PM

Shotgun does not go to games...calls people out on attendance but doesn't go himself. I challenge him to find one game thread where he isn't posting during games.

RougeDawg
02-06-2019, 04:56 PM

Never said that. A coach Can call a designed run play to the RB when We are a gnats ass hair from a TD though, and take the option away from a selfish QB.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-06-2019, 05:00 PM

Exactly...we should just thank Bama for the welfare check and enjoy this run.

basedog
02-06-2019, 05:17 PM
Never said that. A coach Can call a designed run play to the RB when We are a gnats ass hair from a TD though, and take the option away from a selfish QB.

You fail miserably as many on the dark side, 3 drop passes and Joe didn't miss a one. Make those plays and the crap you are spewing would be nonsense!

Joe may not be the next "Mullen"** but one year isn't enough data to determine he lost the "fan base" Btw, do you buy tickets and if so are you coming back to games or you gonna wait around till we win the Sec and declare we have arrived***

Todd4State
02-06-2019, 05:24 PM

When Joe threatened to bench Nick that was the point where he improved started after the LSU game. He regressed to the old Nick for the Outback Bowl. My guess is because people started telling him how good he was.

At any rate, right or wrong Joe went with Nick and honestly I can't fault that because I would have done the same if I was in Joe's shoes. I probably would have jumped Nick's ass after K-State instead of waiting until after LSU but that's me. And now we get to move on and forward without Nick. Which I'm thankful for.

AROB44
02-06-2019, 05:59 PM
You fail miserably as many on the dark side, 3 drop passes and Joe didn't miss a one. Make those plays and the crap you are spewing would be nonsense!

Joe may not be the next "Mullen"** but one year isn't enough data to determine he lost the "fan base" Btw, do you buy tickets and if so are you coming back to games or you gonna wait around till we win the Sec and declare we have arrived***

+1000
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to basedog again.

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 06:09 PM

Either he does it as hard as he can and the way he is taught or he stands by me the whole game. Its simple. You can live with getting beat but you cant live with the same mistakes over and over and you damn sure cant live with lack of effort.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Either he does it as hard as he can and the way he is taught or he stands by me the whole game. Its simple. You can live with getting beat but you cant live with the same mistakes over and over and you damn sure cant live with lack of effort.

Oh really? What do you do when you know the replacement is not going to do anything any better? What if you know he is going to do worse? It's not that simple, ever. FYI: Fitz had problems but lack of effort wasn't one of them. If anything he tried TOO hard.

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Oh really? What do you do when you know the replacement is not going to do anything any better? What if you know he is going to do worse? It's not that simple, ever. FYI: Fitz had problems but lack of effort wasn't one of them. If anything he tried TOO hard.

I do agree with that. He always played his ass off.

BUT if you know the replacement isnt any better but know the starter could be you sit his ass down to send a message. Which is what JoMo did in the A&M game he gave KT a drive. IMO if Fitz was as bad as they say about doing whatever he wanted then he shouldve sat for longer. But in the A&M game and after Fitz played really well and was a big reason we finished well. But I know for a fact he did his own thing in the bowl and Joe let him have all the reps and made KT play RB and WR.

oldjoedawg
02-06-2019, 07:41 PM
Oh, man. Mullen was no where close to Saban. Plenty of guys we could have hired that would have been as good as Mullen-Cohen just didn't do it.

Read WeWon's post again and read it slowly.....He said that Mullen was OUR Saban?.nothing about Mullen being in the league with Saban, but don't ever let the true statement get in the way of your reading comprehension....lol

Goldendawg
02-06-2019, 07:50 PM

Never my Saban. He never got us to Atlanta, not even close. Jackie did and I was there. Waiting to go again, in this lifetime I hope. Hail State!

bobcat91
02-06-2019, 07:53 PM
Let's talk about losing the fan base. People have complained about this class but are right now are trying to put lipstick on a pig. We did not sign one single skill position difference maker. In a Mississippi class filled with them and we got shut out. On the other hand Ole Miss just cleaned our clocks in this category after missing two straight bowls, a losing season and another one next year.

Let's talk about results on the field. This team was built to win 10 or 1q games and close at the top 10 area. What we got were incredibly bad on field decisions, the total lack of using our weapons, the RB, and finished with 8 wins.

Let's talk about the bowl game. What the hell were we actually doing. Our D played well but again our offensive guru looked totally lost. There was zero offensive imagination the entire year. Brutal

Now let's talk about how you really lose a fanbase. Ticket sales. I personally know 17 season tickets that wont be bought for next season. Everyone of you knows folks who want be back as well. My guess is that our season ticket sales will be down close to 5000. You let Joe have another season like this one and the sales will totally cave.

I like Joe and want him to succeed, but he is on the ropes with the fans after one season and it cant be sugar coated.

AROB44
02-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Let's talk about losing the fan base. People have complained about this class but are right now are trying to put lipstick on a pig. We did not sign one single skill position difference maker. In a Mississippi class filled with them and we got shut out. On the other hand Ole Miss just cleaned our clocks in this category after missing two straight bowls, a losing season and another one next year.

Let's talk about results on the field. This team was built to win 10 or 1q games and close at the top 10 area. What we got were incredibly bad on field decisions, the total lack of using our weapons, the RB, and finished with 8 wins.

Let's talk about the bowl game. What the hell were we actually doing. Our D played well but again our offensive guru looked totally lost. There was zero offensive imagination the entire year. Brutal

Now let's talk about how you really lose a fanbase. Ticket sales. I personally know 17 season tickets that wont be bought for next season. Everyone of you knows folks who want be back as well. My guess is that our season ticket sales will be down close to 5000. You let Joe have another season like this one and the sales will totally cave.

I like Joe and want him to succeed, but he is on the ropes with the fans after one season and it cant be sugar coated.

Now I understand....losing 17 season ticket sales = losing the fan base.

bobcat91
02-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Now I understand....losing 17 season ticket sales = losing the fan base.

I know of 17. Every knows some. Yes losing around 5000 paying customers is right on the brink. Put a smiley face on this shitshow Joe brought if you want

deadheaddawg
02-06-2019, 08:04 PM
I assume anyone giving up their tickets will also stop posting here? Probably best not to associate yourself in anyway with this program. Take a break and go fishing until we get a new coach?

Please?

Thanks

bobcat91
02-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Well let's all sing kumbaya and talk about the good old days. Until we make a decision to go all in, like every other damn team in the conference, you will see us on a steady decline. It's our choice.

Goldendawg
02-06-2019, 08:18 PM
"Go all in". We have attempted to go all in several times in my lifetime and always seemed to end up on probation. What did we forfeit, about 19 victories under Tyler when we had some of the best teams in our history. What makes you think it won't happen again? We better be better at that game than we have in the past.

deadheaddawg
02-06-2019, 08:36 PM
What does "go all in" even mean?

I am certain a lot of you are completely clueless on the big picture even though you claim to know so much.

It's clear some of you have paid zero attention to coaching hires over the last few years.

You want a dose of reality? Regardless of what you want to believe we are not high on the list of destination jobs in the country.

Better programs than State have had a hard time hiring coaches lately. Better programs than us have hired coordinators.

It isn't little poor MSU either. It's just a fact.

Fire Moreland and we go "all in" and we hire another coordinator or an old ass retread.

And let's make it massively more difficult to hire our next coach by firing a guy after his first year when he was projected to win 8-9 games and did exactly that. Oh and had one of the best recruiting years we ever had.

So let's look for a new coach, in a job market that is already difficult for all programs, and get to to come to a school with a small budget, after we fired a guy for doing what everyone thought he would do?

What do you people do for a living? Are y'all all trust fund babies?

Because y'all sure are not involved in football professionally and you clearly have no idea how to run a business, hire employees, manage a department, or carry on a intelligent conversation.

Moorhead didn't Excel, but he didn't shit the bed. He did about average.

And it's foolish for so many reasons not to give him time. Because out next hire will be a unknown coordinator or a career 8 win retread

bobcat91
02-06-2019, 08:44 PM
Arkansas, Tennessee and Ole Miss didnt just blow by us in this class because of coaching hires. Everyone knows damn well what going all in means

deadheaddawg
02-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Arkansas, Tennessee and Ole Miss didnt just blow by us in this class because of coaching hires. Everyone knows damn well what going all in means

Then do it big boy. Get that wallet out and work it.

Because now you have crossed over into something you can actually do. None of us have the power to hire or fire a coach.

But you can go buy a car for someone. Are you wanting someone else to do it for you?

Or maybe you will need to buy your way into the program. Get the big checkbook out and build my kid a fancy new dorm with your name on it and start this network up.

Be the change you want

West Tn Dawg
02-06-2019, 08:50 PM

NO DOUBT!!!!!!!

Goldendawg
02-06-2019, 08:51 PM

Yeah, nice rides in the players' parking lots for decades in the SEC.

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 10:22 PM
I know of 17. Every knows some. Yes losing around 5000 paying customers is right on the brink. Put a smiley face on this shitshow Joe brought if you want

And this - right here - is why we will never get over the hump in football at MSU. Too many cut and run at the first sign of things not being "what we could have been!!!!" I know many UGA fans who wanted to fire Mark Richt 5 years before he left. Not a one of them gave up their seats. Not a one of them lowered their donation - most of them gave more. Hell, none of them gave up seats or giving when Ray Goff couldn't win more than 6 games with Eric Zeier, Hines Ward, and Terrell Davis in their backfield. That's why schools like UGA, Bama, and even Ole Miss clean our clock in image and in the recruiting game. They chug the kool aid, while we are debating if it has too much sugar in it.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2019, 10:36 PM
And this - right here - is why we will never get over the hump in football at MSU. Too many cut and run at the first sign of things not being "what we could have been!!!!" I know many UGA fans who wanted to fire Mark Richt 5 years before he left. Not a one of them gave up their seats. Not a one of them lowered their donation - most of them gave more. Hell, none of them gave up seats or giving when Ray Goff couldn't win more than 6 games with Eric Zeier, Hines Ward, and Terrell Davis in their backfield. That's why schools like UGA, Bama, and even Ole Miss clean our clock in image and in the recruiting game. They chug the kool aid, while we are debating if it has too much sugar in it.

Yep.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 10:40 PM

Yep. I agree.

Bama and LSU don't do that though.

When Bama wasn't good, Bryant Denny has a lot of empty seats and Tiger Stadium as well.

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 10:48 PM
Yep. I agree.

Bama and LSU don't do that though.

When Bama wasn't good, Bryant Denny has a lot of empty seats and Tiger Stadium as well.

Not attending is different then not giving or buying tickets. Those fans know that if they give up seats they will never get them back.

oldjoedawg
02-06-2019, 11:22 PM
Then do it big boy. Get that wallet out and work it.

Because now you have crossed over into something you can actually do. None of us have the power to hire or fire a coach.

But you can go buy a car for someone. Are you wanting someone else to do it for you?

Or maybe you will need to buy your way into the program. Get the big checkbook out and build my kid a fancy new dorm with your name on it and start this network up.

Be the change you want

Deadhead, the more of your posts I read, the clearer, stronger picture you paint of these guys who are blowhards....wanting someone else to do what they cannot do themselves. Just a bunch of hot air posters.....please keep posting and expose them for what they are....(and yes, I am asking Deadhead to do what I cannot...he has a gift for clear concise statements that are a breath of fresh air on a very stale board!

RougeDawg
02-06-2019, 11:31 PM

So I fail miserably by stating that 3 qb runs up the gut on the goal line against Iowa could have been at least one called RBhandoff?

You fail miserably by lacking any ability to comprehend a simple statement.

Please explain to me how a coach could not call a designed run play with 0.00000 QB option involved? Are those plays no longer allowed? When did that rule change take place? December 31,2018?

You are a clown and part of what?s wrong on this board and this nation. Completely whiff with preschool comprehension and give a completely irrelevant response because you would not see reality it if poked you in the eyes.

Eta. I have had 8 tickets for 11 seasons since graduating. I’ve had 5 gridiron passes since the first season. And this week when I received the renewal form, for the first time ever I actually thought about reducing them. I’ve been to 90% of the home games since 1997. Been to all 13 games, home and away, two seasons. Go to 2-3 away games a year average. This coach is a putrid in the SEC as I’ve seen since Croom. Only difference is Croom wasn’t handed a team with 6-12 future nfl starters and about 15-20 future nfl players.

deadheaddawg
02-06-2019, 11:48 PM
As putruid as any coach in the SEC since croom.

lol.

This is our fanbase folks.

bobcat91
02-06-2019, 11:49 PM

Lol. They are buying player like no tomorrow and that's why they are cleaning our clocks. You really think these guys were going to Ole Miss because they like the Grove. Is that you, Yancy

BrunswickDawg
02-07-2019, 08:41 AM
Lol. They are buying player like no tomorrow and that's why they are cleaning our clocks. You really think these guys were going to Ole Miss because they like the Grove. Is that you, Yancy

Where did I say they weren't? If part of our problem is money - either ticket sales, donations or "donations" - then having people cut bait only makes that harder. Ole Miss just went thru the ringer and has Matt 17'n Luke as HC, and they are still at. They may not have come to games, but we know the money is still flowing. When Bama went through their trials in the 90s, you think their bagmen and big donors stopped? Nope, they doubled down. Our folks? No, we always take our ball and go home.

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 09:42 AM
Well let's all sing kumbaya and talk about the good old days. Until we make a decision to go all in, like every other damn team in the conference, you will see us on a steady decline. It's our choice.

What good ole days? National titles and sec championships? Where? Croom and Rick ray? Felker? Those? Shit we are better now across the board than at any time in our history. I don't understand the nails across the chalkboard bitching like we have gone from national titles to where we are now. **** everyone wants to win championships but football is controlled right now by 2-3 teams. Hoops is getting better and baseball is a national power.

If football is all anyone cares about then ok. But don't drag the rest of sports down bc of being stupid. Either hate the ****ing school and leave it alone and play with someone else or muther****ing get your ass in gear and start pulling for the school.

MedDawg
02-07-2019, 10:19 AM

Or make the wide receivers catch perfectly-thrown uncontested TD passes.

Just two easy catches = 10-3 and Moorhead is a hero.

basedog
02-07-2019, 10:32 AM
What good ole days? National titles and sec championships? Where? Croom and Rick ray? Felker? Those? Shit we are better now across the board than at any time in our history. I don't understand the nails across the chalkboard bitching like we have gone from national titles to where we are now. **** everyone wants to win championships but football is controlled right now by 2-3 teams. Hoops is getting better and baseball is a national power.

If football is all anyone cares about then ok. But don't drag the rest of sports down bc of being stupid. Either hate the ****ing school and leave it alone and play with someone else or muther****ing get your ass in gear and start pulling for the school.

+1

NCDawg
02-07-2019, 10:36 AM
Never my Saban. He never got us to Atlanta, not even close. Jackie did and I was there. Waiting to go again, in this lifetime I hope. Hail State!

I was there, too. Sherrill has his faults, but he did get us to Atlanta, albeit by signing many good JC players that developed into good players for us. I would like to go back to in my lifetime too, but it doesn't seem probable right now.

Commercecomet24
02-07-2019, 11:06 AM

Amen!

bobcat91
02-07-2019, 04:43 PM

Let me add this to your bullshit I'm a man rant. When you love your school, you buy tickets(I buy 11 season tickets each year), and donate (Bulldawg Club top 1500) and then state your opinion. When you want to get into a territorial pissing contest, let's do it. I have bought tickets and donated through the Sherrill, Croom, Mullen and Moorhead regimes. So save your shit for the usual MSU fan that watches most games on TV, never contributes a penny and buys 1 ticket every now and then. I bleed maroon but I dont have to drink the circle the wagons crap when we just laid a turd on offensive difference makers. Some folks like sunshine stories with unicorns and happy endings. I prefer the truth.

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 04:51 PM
Let me add this to your bullshit I'm a man rant. When you love your school, you buy tickets(I buy 11 season tickets each year), and donate (Bulldawg Club top 1500) and then state your opinion. When you want to get into a territorial pissing contest, let's do it. I have bought tickets and donated through the Sherrill, Croom, Mullen and Moorhead regimes. So save your shit for the usual MSU fan that watches most games on TV, never contributes a penny and buys 1 ticket every now and then. I bleed maroon but I dont have to drink the circle the wagons crap when we just laid a turd on offensive difference makers. Some folks like sunshine stories with unicorns and happy endings. I prefer the truth.

I'm impressed kudos and I guess I should bow down to your stats. I'm so sorry I didn't respect your standing enough while ranting about all the negativity and how it's gotten old and tired. Keep bleeding.

And I'm not any less pissed our season went the way it did and I want offense to be better than the sometimes horseshit we rolled out there this Yr. But **** it's over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. And over. And ****ing over again. Some people I wonder how they are actual fans of the school.

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 04:54 PM

And if you read my post all the way thru around all the maroon you bleed you would have caught the first sentence of the second paragraph. "If football is anyone cares about then ok." Learn to see the ****ing context of the words that are put together in the whole post before going all bulldog club swole chested.

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 05:07 PM

Not arguing they are cheating it’s just not like it was during Freeze BUT
I would Love to know and please break it down for me the.... They are cleaning our clocks

bobcat91
02-07-2019, 05:12 PM
And if you read my post all the way thru around all the maroon you bleed you would have caught the first sentence of the second paragraph. "If football is anyone cares about then ok." Learn to see the ****ing context of the words that are put together in the whole post before going all bulldog club swole chested.

This article is about losing the fanbase and in reference to football recruiting, so no there is no context of baseball, which is my favorite sport, and basketball which I can take or leave, but at no time do I pull against us. Your the one who interjected other points and then decided to go on a get your ass in line screed. And yeah, when you reach my levels of actually supporting this University instead of just talking rah rah shit, congrats. Some folks are very passionate about football which pays for all the other sports on campus and about recruiting in general because there is a good correlation between recruiting success and results on the field. We couldnt score in games against ranked opponents in games: in the 4 regular season losses we averaged less than 7 points a game. That's a fact. If that doesnt bother you and you are ready to get into more positive sports like mens basketball where we have a losing record in conference at the mid point, then let's rejoice in our good fortune where for the second game in a row our coach forgot to play guys who could have helped, and said so after the game. Yeah team. See I can be a happy clappy Dawg fan and get in line.

bobcat91
02-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Not arguing they are cheating it’s just not like it was during Freeze BUT
I would Love to know and please break it down for me the.... They are cleaning our clocks

Who added better skill position players? They did. And they did it with Mississippi kids. Not one RB or WR is better than what they signed. And what is our weakness? Lack of explosive players and plays.

basedog
02-07-2019, 05:19 PM
And I only asked Shotgun to describe which he hasn’t.

But thanks for everyone’s support, looks like bitching does pay by some.

We’re a baseball school anyway, been that way since I can remember. True Maroon to all!

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 05:27 PM
This article is about losing the fanbase and in reference to football recruiting, so no there is no context of baseball, which is my favorite sport, and basketball which I can take or leave, but at no time do I pull against us. Your the one who interjected other points and then decided to go on a get your ass in line screed. And yeah, when you reach my levels of actually supporting this University instead of just talking rah rah shit, congrats. Some folks are very passionate about football which pays for all the other sports on campus and about recruiting in general because there is a good correlation between recruiting success and results on the field. We couldnt score in games against ranked opponents in games: in the 4 regular season losses we averaged less than 7 points a game. That's a fact. If that doesnt bother you and you are ready to get into more positive sports like mens basketball where we have a losing record in conference at the mid point, then let's rejoice in our good fortune where for the second game in a row our coach forgot to play guys who could have helped, and said so after the game. Yeah team. See I can be a happy clappy Dawg fan and get in line.

Well up in those levels of support only a few can reach how about getting more people pulling the rope on getting more staff in recruiting and more pulling the rope on recruiting on things we know we are weak in.

basedog
02-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Well up in those levels of support only a few can reach how about getting more people pulling the rope on getting more staff in recruiting and more pulling the rope on recruiting on things we know we are weak in.

It's Coming***

LOL

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 06:00 PM
Who added better skill position players? They did. And they did it with Mississippi kids. Not one RB or WR is better than what they signed. And what is our weakness? Lack of explosive players and plays.

That?s what you going with for the Cleaning our Clocks.
Ok .. Thanks for clearing that up...

bobcat91
02-07-2019, 06:23 PM
That?s what you going with for the Cleaning our Clocks.
Ok .. Thanks for clearing that up...

If you think it's okay, then great. As always, four years from now will tell us about our class

deadheaddawg
02-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Deadhead, the more of your posts I read, the clearer, stronger picture you paint of these guys who are blowhards....wanting someone else to do what they cannot do themselves. Just a bunch of hot air posters.....please keep posting and expose them for what they are....(and yes, I am asking Deadhead to do what I cannot...he has a gift for clear concise statements that are a breath of fresh air on a very stale board!

I appreciate it. This constant complaining is driving me crazy. I dont get to get on here much anymore with 3 kids and work, but when I do it would be nice to actually see some intelligent conversation, not people who do not understand football and think they have a coach figured out after one year.

Nobody here has a CLUE on how good of a coach Moorhead will turn out to be in the long run. You just cant tell that after one year when a coach actually hits most peoples expectations. I dont know if he will be great, average or bad. Anyone acting like they do is an idiot. Actually thats not strong enough of a word. Dumbass. They are dumbasses. and we have our share here.

One thing is obviously clear though. Moorhead deserves another year and our support

Ari Gold
02-08-2019, 03:00 PM

Since this was your answer to them Cleaning our Clocks here is the reality
Lets take it position by positing with who each signed and I will let you pick between the 2 who you want

Qb . We can go 1 each
Tisdall OM
Garrett MSU
Winner MSU

RB lets go 2 each
OM - Ealy , Connar
Msu - Walker , Witherspoon
If Ealy plays 3-4 years . Nod goes to OM.
But if Ealy only plays one year or doesnt play at all have to say MSU

OL lets go top 3
Im not even going to list them .
Winner MSU

TE .. wash dont think any signed by either

WR
Here ya go.. agree OM winner
OM - Mingo, Jackson , juco kid.. thing is tho dont be shocked to see Mingo on def there
Msu - Torbor, Pruitt, and juco Payton

DL we can top 3 or 4 doesnt matter
Not even close . State

LB we didnt need any . So whoever OM signed they won by default.

DB . We can top 3 -5
Doesnt matter we win here again

If you want to add Plumlee in there for OM as an athlete I will counter with Purvis for State and take him all day and twice on Sunday. He may end up being the steal of class.

Besdeis OM singing 31 kids to our 22 , who again cleaned whos clock ????
So if you had said ... OM won the recruiting battle with WR I would have agreed 100%..

I’m glad we cleare this up , we both can move on now..

Cooterpoot
02-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Mullen left us with nothing on offense and a big Sr. class on defense (plus we lost Simmons). We had to replenish our defense this year and we've already loaded up on WRs for next year. Sucks we couldn't pull some big time WRs but neither did OM. Mingo isn't a difference maker. Jackson isn't. Both are good players, but not likely 1st round picks. Will be funny to see Jackson trying to block and Mingo trying to cover.

basedog
02-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Lets take it position by positing with who each signed and I will let you pick between the 2 who you want

Qb . We can go 1 each
Tisdall OM
Garrett MSU
Winner MSU

RB lets go 2 each
OM - Ealy , Connar

OL lets go top 3
Winner MSU

WR
OM - Mingo, Jackson , juco kid.. thing is tho dont be shocked to see Mingo on def there

Not even close . State

DB . We can top 3 -5

If you want to add Plumlee in there for OM as an athlete I will counter with Purvis for State and take him all day and twice on Sunday. He may end up being the steal of class.

So if you had said ... OM won the recruiting battle with WR I would have agreed 100%..

BIG +1

Commercecomet24
02-08-2019, 03:54 PM

Qb . We can go 1 each
Tisdall OM
Garrett MSU
Winner MSU

RB lets go 2 each
OM - Ealy , Connar

OL lets go top 3
Winner MSU

WR

Not even close . State

DB . We can top 3 -5

Really good stuff, Ari! I like this assessment.

bobcat91
02-08-2019, 05:32 PM

Qb . We can go 1 each
Tisdall OM
Garrett MSU
Winner MSU

RB lets go 2 each
OM - Ealy , Connar

OL lets go top 3
Winner MSU

WR

Not even close . State

DB . We can top 3 -5

Nice. Except I specifically said WR and RB. You said what I did--they win. But whatever you need to keep the masses happy. And in the end, our inability to get big time difference makers in those areas is costing us games. We did not get better in either position. We held serve but yall spin it how you want.

Ari Gold
02-08-2019, 06:21 PM
Nice. Except I specifically said WR and RB. You said what I did--they win. But whatever you need to keep the masses happy. And in the end, our inability to get big time difference makers in those areas is costing us games. We did not get better in either position. We held serve but yall spin it how you want.

Actually you didn’t.. you said Cleaning our Clocks .. I just broke down that they didn’t .. no spin needed.
Spin would have been let’s see what WR core with this class has a better career.. that’s spin and actually the truth as is the case with every recruiting class

Everyone on here knows what goes on in recruiting .. it’s the ole saying if your not cheating your not trying and it’s not cheating unless you get caught ..

Your issue isn’t our recruiting this year , it is who we hired as a head coach. And that’s fine .
But try this since you glossed yourself as on the “elites” how about getting behind the program, the coach , pony up , get all ur fellow cigar boys together and see what happens going forward ..

BeardoMSU
02-08-2019, 06:34 PM

Qb . We can go 1 each
Tisdall OM
Garrett MSU
Winner MSU

RB lets go 2 each
OM - Ealy , Connar

OL lets go top 3
Winner MSU

WR

Not even close . State

DB . We can top 3 -5

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ari Gold again.

/slow clap

basedog
02-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Actually you didn’t.. you said Cleaning our Clocks .. I just broke down that they didn’t .. no spin needed.
Spin would have been let’s see what WR core with this class has a better career.. that’s spin and actually the truth as is the case with every recruiting class

Everyone on here knows what goes on in recruiting .. it’s the ole saying if your not cheating your not trying and it’s not cheating unless you get caught ..

Your issue isn’t our recruiting this year , it is who we hired as a head coach. And that’s fine .
But try this since you glossed yourself as on the “elites” how about getting behind the program, the coach , pony up , get all ur fellow cigar boys together and see what happens going forward ..

You pretty much nailed it, recruiting was fine, yes we missed on a few. But like Joe said the other day when asked about losing 4 coaches, “yes it hurt on a few kids”. He stated when coaches spend a year building relations it hurts when they choose to leave. He also said you can’t put your head in the sand and quit.

Also we offered way more kids than Mullen did. I want to say it was over 100.

Yes the bitching is they don’t like the hire.

bobcat91
02-08-2019, 07:25 PM
I never once said I didnt like the hire. I do think some of the offensive decisions were head scratching. But yall want to live in a dreamland and act like not using our RB didnt cost us games, like Kentucky. Or forcing passing, like LSU. Or just having a shitty gameplan, like Florida. Or having no offensive gameplan like Iowa.

Please sticky a post at the top where genuine questioning of Moorhead is an offense. He took a 10 win top 10 type team and laid an egg. I want to see better results, but when you cant score in big games and cant bring in talent at your positions of need, how are you going to get better results? Oh wait, you just blame the messenger because yes I'm pissed we became a mid level team with the best talent in our lifetime.

I seen it dawg
02-08-2019, 08:24 PM
Holloway on the dive for no gain...offensive geniuses everywhere

I seen it dawg
02-08-2019, 08:26 PM
I never once said I didnt like the hire. I do think some of the offensive decisions were head scratching. But yall want to live in a dreamland and act like not using our RB didnt cost us games, like Kentucky. Or forcing passing, like LSU. Or just having a shitty gameplan, like Florida. Or having no offensive gameplan like Iowa.

Please sticky a post at the top where genuine questioning of Moorhead is an offense. He took a 10 win top 10 type team and laid an egg. I want to see better results, but when you cant score in big games and cant bring in talent at your positions of need, how are you going to get better results? Oh wait, you just blame the messenger because yes I'm pissed we became a mid level team with the best talent in our lifetime.

Moorhead may not be worth a ****...but neither was Dabo his first couple of yrs but Clemson stuck with him. How about getting all your high rolling bdc people to get shit rolling and get behind the guy for more than 3 ****ing weeks. Give it a shot what's to lose? National titles?

bobcat91
02-08-2019, 08:33 PM
Moorhead may not be worth a ****...but neither was Dabo his first couple of yrs but Clemson stuck with him. How about getting all your high rolling bdc people to get shit rolling and get behind the guy for more than 3 ****ing weeks. Give it a shot what's to lose? National titles?

No one is not supporting the guy. Yes I know some folks who arent renewing tickets. I assume you do as well. I dont give a damn who our coach is and that included Sherrill, Croom, Mullen, Moorhead, Etc. But if your not at least a little disappointed by last year, then you are lying to yourself. I'm encouraged by the WR we have committed for 2020 and we need to add Mark's at RB. My comments in this thread are about how disappointed some of us are. So what we will be there in September watching the team start a new season. I bitch. Then I show up. Hail State!

basedog
02-08-2019, 09:36 PM
No one is not supporting the guy. Yes I know some folks who arent renewing tickets. I assume you do as well. I dont give a damn who our coach is and that included Sherrill, Croom, Mullen, Moorhead, Etc. But if your not at least a little disappointed by last year, then you are lying to yourself. I'm encouraged by the WR we have committed for 2020 and we need to add Mark's at RB. My comments in this thread are about how disappointed some of us are. So what we will be there in September watching the team start a new season. I bitch. Then I show up. Hail State!

The problem is the season is over. Bitching about the past you say? Well I suppose we should keep bitching as the past has been way worse than the present. Good coaches adjust from mistakes, especially first year coaches in a P5 conference.
Joe made mistakes but he also did good things.

I've been a season ticket holder for a long time in all sports, believe me I think better days are ahead. As an ex Coach you always look forward to correcting mistakes. Not bitching about mistakes but phrase what's ahead and motivate to be better.

Msu has come a long ways, and yes we have a long ways to go to catch up to be elite.

I seen it dawg
02-08-2019, 10:24 PM

Kudos. We needs to rally up. Let's go!!!

IMissJack
02-08-2019, 10:29 PM
The real problem is that we have only 18% of our alumni donating to our university. And, I am not talking about big donations, I'm talking anything.