PDA

View Full Version : Positive Recruiting Class Thread

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 01:52 PM
Ok, my anger has subsided & I'm ready to move on.

Solid class but a disappointing finish.

Here are some positives:

- Our average recruit is really high.
2015 87.69
2016 87.08
2017 86.11
2018 87.20
2019 88.94 (Best in school history?)

- Joe realized he didn't hire recruiters in his first year & has corrected that issue. Hopefully they can coach as well.

- We did damage on the LOS in quality. Came up 1 DT short but I don't think Moore woud've corrected that. Byron Young was the missing piece for us to have a Simmons/Reaquon type situation. Although maybe Lovett or Crumedy turns into that.

- We didn't sign a full class but we now have 83 on scholly. That means we have room for 2 grad transfers. Bo Bounds was talking this morning about how you have to over sign, but I'm not totally sure I agree with that in the new age of transfers. If you are going to play in the transfer market, you got to have room. I want to play in the transfer market because I believe they are better bets than taking just another guy to fill out a class. OM signed a lot of bad football players today & we did not. Look at our average player ranking.

- Can't forget Garret Shrader. As we saw with Dak, top notch QB play is the key to success for MSU regardless of what type of class we sign. Joe got his guy & he is easily the most important recruit in this class.

- Since we undersigned, that means we can sign more early in December. It'll be interesting how we play that, after somewhat of a disaster this year, & who those 2-3 guys extra are that we get to sign early. They almost have to be added to this class.

Feel free to add more positives. My biggest disappointment is that I like Joe & want to believe he's the guy that can take us to the next level. My frustration today was that, although I love Joe & believe personality wise he is a great fit at MSU, I really scared that he doesn't know how to close on recruits. Perhaps next year will be better.

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 01:57 PM
I worry about you sometimes

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKv6MgQfdSRT01G/giphy.gif

But, overall - this is a much more level headed take then your last 250 posts this morning.

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 02:03 PM
That's a rational well thought out post, Gun.

Rick Danko
02-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Must?ve gotten the ban hammer message and calmed down a little bit ha ha

RougeDawg
02-06-2019, 02:23 PM
Must?ve gotten the ban hammer message and calmed down a little bit ha ha

Not necessarily. Being mad about not achieving the maximum is normal. If not being the best or finishing first does not eat at you, you should spectate. Appreciating what you achieved after the feeling or not finishing first wears off, is also normal.

hacker
02-06-2019, 02:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/c5NvSGw.png

bitch

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 02:41 PM

bitch

I mean, they had 9 more signees than us & we still finished ahead of them with a greater average recruiting ranking, which includes 83 rated Dylan Lawrence who we just threw an offer at.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-06-2019, 02:43 PM
The smallest of silver linings: We signed 2 out of state 4 stars this year...not sure that Mullen ever managed to do that.

RougeDawg
02-06-2019, 02:43 PM
I would say that OM always under utilizes their classes because they lack the coacbing to develop them. Under SloMo the jury is still out on being able to develop 20-30 ranked classes into playoff contending teams. He has 18 months to do so or head back north.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 02:44 PM

bitch

Wasn't the consensus here that 247 is the best at recruiting evaluations?

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 02:48 PM
If our class played OM's, it would stomp a mudhole in their ass.

They simply didn't sign anything close ours on the line of scrimmage. Not even close

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 02:57 PM

bitch

They added another player and moved ahead of us and Ark. Still better avg and it took 10 extra players for them to do so.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 03:03 PM
They added another player and moved ahead of us and Ark. Still better avg and it took 10 extra players for them to do so.

4-star Juco LB. Their class is inflated, but this was a good signing

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 03:05 PM
4-star Juco LB. Their class is inflated, but this was a good signing

Wow they landed Henry. They closed on every player they had a chance with.

Yesterday David Johnson thought Henry was a long shot that was probably going to Arkansas or Texas.

How did OM pull this off? Crazy

hacker
02-06-2019, 03:08 PM

Damn. Haha. I retract my post.

Dawgology
02-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Ole Miss recruited lights out for their situation. When they get going full steam again ole JoMo is screwed.

Mobile Bay
02-06-2019, 03:17 PM
Ole Miss recruited lights out for their situation. When they get going full steam again ole JoMo is screwed.

https://olemiss.forums.rivals.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FfYW8II O.gif&hash=d6d3318f9be9a12d7620846b621a9dd5

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 03:19 PM

I bet they hire Rich Rod as their next head coach. He'll have no issue working with the boosters

msudawglb
02-06-2019, 03:21 PM
Almost everyone was bitching, but if we signed 4 more 3 star recruits, we would have finished at about 18th.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2019, 03:27 PM

Yesterday David Johnson thought Henry was a long shot that was probably going to Arkansas or Texas.

Man, they really do own you. Why help them play their game?

Homedawg
02-06-2019, 03:28 PM
I mean, they had 9 more signees than us & we still finished ahead of them with a greater average recruiting ranking, which includes 83 rated Dylan Lawrence who we just threw an offer at.

we didn't finish ahead of them

Liverpooldawg
I bet they hire Rich Rod as their next head coach. He'll have no issue working with the boosters

And he failed at Michigan. They ain't Michigan.

RougeDawg
OM achieved the most important sports goal for them in any given year. Won signing day.

Homedawg
02-06-2019, 03:29 PM

they only count the top 25. but yes, we did have a better avg

Homedawg
02-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Almost everyone was bitching, but if we signed 4 more 3 star recruits, we would have finished at about 18th.

If we had caught a pass......if, if, if. we didn't

msudawglb
02-06-2019, 03:47 PM

You missed my point. We could easily still sign four 3 star kids. I'm sure there are some out there that didn't sign yet. But, that's not what we want. We will keep the spots until December.

Homedawg
02-06-2019, 03:51 PM
You missed my point. We could easily still sign four 3 star kids. I'm sure there are some out there that didn't sign yet. But, that's not what we want. We will keep the spots until December.

Sure........

GoDawgz
02-06-2019, 04:07 PM

Here are some positives:

2015 87.69
2016 87.08
2017 86.11
2018 87.20

- Joe realized he didn't hire recruiters in his first year & has corrected that issue. Hopefully they can coach as well.

- We did damage on the LOS in quality. Came up 1 DT short but I don't think Moore woud've corrected that. Byron Young was the missing piece for us to have a Simmons/Reaquon type situation. Although maybe Lovett or Crumedy turns into that.

- We didn't sign a full class but we now have 83 on scholly. That means we have room for 2 grad transfers. Bo Bounds was talking this morning about how you have to over sign, but I'm not totally sure I agree with that in the new age of transfers. If you are going to play in the transfer market, you got to have room. I want to play in the transfer market because I believe they are better bets than taking just another guy to fill out a class. OM signed a lot of bad football players today & we did not. Look at our average player ranking.

- Can't forget Garret Shrader. As we saw with Dak, top notch QB play is the key to success for MSU regardless of what type of class we sign. Joe got his guy & he is easily the most important recruit in this class.

- Since we undersigned, that means we can sign more early in December. It'll be interesting how we play that, after somewhat of a disaster this year, & who those 2-3 guys extra are that we get to sign early. They almost have to be added to this class.

Feel free to add more positives. My biggest disappointment is that I like Joe & want to believe he's the guy that can take us to the next level. My frustration today was that, although I love Joe & believe personality wise he is a great fit at MSU, I really scared that he doesn't know how to close on recruits. Perhaps next year will be better.

You had me until, "Bo Bounds was talking"....... my mind automatically shut off. Cut that hack off a long time ago.

Ari Gold
02-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Who’s class would you rather have
MSU or OM

HancockCountyDog
02-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Who’s class would you rather have
MSU or OM

I'd take ours, but I went into this season hoping we could land a top 15 class - not a top 25 class. I don't want to compare our class to a shitbird program. I want to compare it to teams that freaking matter.

JoMo talked about a championship standard when he arrived. This is not a championship standard class and the fact that we actually have to compare it to the bears is by itself a failure.

The fact that its close is a failure.

With the talent in state and our connections with that talent and the fact that we only signed who we did is simply unacceptable.

We should view today just like we viewed the loss to South Alabama, losing to Florida at home and losing to freaking Iowa on a neutral field - simply unacceptable based on the circumstances. I would think JoMo would admit if he was being honest that it was a failure.

Ari Gold
02-06-2019, 05:07 PM
I'd take ours, but I went into this season hoping we could land a top 15 class - not a top 25 class. I don't want to compare our class to a shitbird program. I want to compare it to teams that freaking matter.

JoMo talked about a championship standard when he arrived. This is not a championship standard class and the fact that we actually have to compare it to the bears is by itself a failure.

With the talent in state and our connections with that talent and the fact that we only signed who we did is simply unacceptable.

We should view today just like we viewed the loss to South Alabama, losing to Florida at home and losing to freaking Iowa on a neutral field - simply unacceptable based on the circumstances. I would think JoMo would admit if he was being honest that it was a failure.

Failure. No
Disappointing. Yes
With the top 12 players in the state if we could of landed around half of them I would have taken that back this past summer
We got 3 .
Moore , Hall , Young and Mingo were the 4 wild cards . Just sucked we went 0-4
And I’m still not sold on Moore or Hall it might turn out better in the long run we missed out on those 2.

confucius say
02-06-2019, 05:12 PM

Are you implying we could not have signed three mid 3 stars today had we wanted to?

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 05:24 PM
Failure. No
Disappointing. Yes
With the top 12 players in the state if we could of landed around half of them I would have taken that back this past summer
We got 3 .
Moore , Hall , Young and Mingo were the 4 wild cards . Just sucked we went 0-4
And I’m still not sold on Moore or Hall it might turn out better in the long run we missed out on those 2.

How would it have turned out better?

They are both better than Dylan Lawrence right?

While I understand they both may not pan out, many players we signed today won't pan out. So how were we better for not signing them?

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 05:25 PM

Nailed it

msbulldog
02-06-2019, 05:41 PM

Here are some positives:

2015 87.69
2016 87.08
2017 86.11
2018 87.20

Great post Gun. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again.

msbulldog
02-06-2019, 05:44 PM

$$$$$$