PDA

View Full Version : Time to focus...

jwells
02-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Listen I get it. It is disappointing to not grab some of these players today. However, Mississippi State suffered no on the field losses this morning. Which is what we're all here for, winning games. And in that light, we have two basketball teams in season that are both primed to make the NCAA tournament. I know for me, the men's team making the tournament has seemed like it may never come. So instead of sulking about kids who will not have any direct impact on a Mississippi State sporting event for at least 7 months, let's all turn our attention to the hardwood and the diamond.

Tonight at 8 PM in Starkville a top-25 team will be taking on the Bulldogs in a big time basketball game. Everyone on this board wants to beat Ole Miss at anything. Well that's exactly what the basketball team did on Saturday. So let's get over the disappointment of missing out on some hypothetical contributions from some players and get behind our actual athletes that will take the court tonight.

One last thing on football, we are fine. Come August 31st, we will field another team, just as we have for over 100 years. All of us will support them, just as we do each and every game. Recruiting is very important, no doubt, but the mindless melts over something that isn't an actual game is over the top. So get with me and let's fully get behind our basketball and soon to be baseball team as they will play actual games on the court and the field. Hail State.

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2019, 12:52 PM
Listen I get it. It is disappointing to not grab some of these players today. However, Mississippi State suffered no on the field losses this morning. Which is what we're all here for, winning games. And in that light, we have two basketball teams in season that are both primed to make the NCAA tournament. I know for me, the men's team making the tournament has seemed like it may never come. So instead of sulking about kids who will not have any direct impact on a Mississippi State sporting event for at least 7 months, let's all turn our attention to the hardwood and the diamond.

Tonight at 8 PM in Starkville a top-25 team will be taking on the Bulldogs in a big time basketball game. Everyone on this board wants to beat Ole Miss at anything. Well that's exactly what the basketball team did on Saturday. So let's get over the disappointment of missing out on some hypothetical contributions from some players and get behind our actual athletes that will take the court tonight.

One last thing on football, we are fine. Come August 31st, we will field another team, just as we have for over 100 years. All of us will support them, just as we do each and every game. Recruiting is very important, no doubt, but the mindless melts over something that isn't an actual game is over the top. So get with me and let's fully get behind our basketball and soon to be baseball team as they will play actual games on the court and the field. Hail State.

That's wayyy too much logic and calmness for the these chicken little the sky is falling people. Waiting on that write up for tonight's game... keep it up

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 12:52 PM
Appreciate the post, jwells! Good stuff!

jwells
02-06-2019, 12:56 PM
That's wayyy too much logic and calmness for the these chicken little the sky is falling people. Waiting on that write up for tonight's game... keep it up

Thanks, I'll have that up by 2 or so probably. Big time game tonight

Scared_Hitless
02-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Logic on this board, blasphemy honestly I am excited for the season. Really excited to watch KT and see what him and Kylin can do. If we suck well hell I have seen that before, but I will be in the Dome for the Opener.

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 12:57 PM
This melt is good. Wait until everyone want to fire Howland tonight ***