PDA

View Full Version : The power of Negative talk about MSU....

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2019, 12:39 PM
You just never know how it could effect MSU in the future.....

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Words are powerful, you never know what affect they may have for good or bad. Choose wisely.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2019, 12:44 PM
What is said here CAN have an effect. Some can't help themselves. A few know exactly what they are doing.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 12:44 PM
I thought Williams said it was the Mississippi flag

deadheaddawg
02-06-2019, 12:51 PM
I thought Williams said it was the Mississippi flag

.... Deleted because people can't read. Keep politics to the political board.

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2019, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=deadheaddawg;1067544]That's something that definitely needs to go.
.... f/QUOTE]

Let's keep that topic to the political board please... in fact their is a thread about that subject and actions about it that occurred yesterday... currently ongoing on the Political board.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 01:18 PM
I think this is an interesting conversation that I honestly go back & forth on.

- We just got our ass handed to us today in recruiting by two head coaches (Luke & Malzahn) who will likely be fired after next season & who's fan bases have virtually nothing nice to say about. So how much has negativity hurt their efforts?

- It's my belief that in general in my lifetime, the MSU family has been WAAAYYYY to lenient with under performers & entirely too loyal to people that have done nothing. So while it may come across as negativity, I do believe it's important for the MSU fan base to not fall into that trap. It's our nature to trust people & it's also what makes MSU people so wonderful, but I believe people have to earn trust & the MSU fan base is far too giving IMO to people that have not earned it. I believe accountability is good.

- Lastly, I do generally agree that positivity & finding the sliver lining is mostly better. For example: as frustrating as this recruiting class was, we really just came up 1 DT short & I'm not sure Charles Moore was that guy. If we would've signed Byron Young, I think it woud've been a hell of a class because I believe, ultimately, football games are won on the line of scrimmage. So we came up 1 DT short, but we signed a really good LOS class & that SHOULD go along way at helping us continually be a 7-9 win program.

Gutter Cobreh
02-06-2019, 01:54 PM
You just never know how it could effect MSU in the future.....

What are the odds that in 1986, Roy Williams would run into Shotgun and his boyfriend while interviewing on campus and alter our program forever???***

msstate7
02-06-2019, 01:55 PM
What are the odds that in 1986, Roy Williams would run into Shotgun and his boyfriend while interviewing on campus and alter our program forever???***

It was me. I was 8, but wise for my age

Ari Gold
02-06-2019, 02:04 PM
I think this is an interesting conversation that I honestly go back & forth on.

- We just got our ass handed to us today in recruiting by two head coaches (Luke & Malzahn) who will likely be fired after next season & who's fan bases have virtually nothing nice to say about. So how much has negativity hurt their efforts?

- It's my belief that in general in my lifetime, the MSU family has been WAAAYYYY to lenient with under performers & entirely too loyal to people that have done nothing. So while it may come across as negativity, I do believe it's important for the MSU fan base to not fall into that trap. It's our nature to trust people & it's also what makes MSU people so wonderful, but I believe people have to earn trust & the MSU fan base is far too giving IMO to people that have not earned it. I believe accountability is good.

- Lastly, I do generally agree that positivity & finding the sliver lining is mostly better. For example: as frustrating as this recruiting class was, we really just came up 1 DT short & I'm not sure Charles Moore was that guy. If we would've signed Byron Young, I think it woud've been a hell of a class because I believe, ultimately, football games are won on the line of scrimmage. So we came up 1 DT short, but we signed a really good LOS class & that SHOULD go along way at helping us continually be a 7-9 win program.

How did Luke hand us our ass? I didn’t even read the rest of this post becuse of that..
See it’s shit like this that Keeps you on blast with other posters on here.
It’s almost like you welcome it

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 02:05 PM

Awesome lol! Rep!

msu15
02-06-2019, 02:05 PM

GOLD LOLOLOL

dawgs
02-06-2019, 02:06 PM
Let's keep that topic to the political board please... in fact their is a thread about that subject and actions about it that occurred yesterday... currently ongoing on the Political board.

Right and wrong ain't politics

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 02:09 PM
How did Luke hand us our ass? I didn’t even read the rest of this post becuse of that..
See it’s shit like this that Keeps you on blast with other posters on here.
It’s almost like you welcome it

No joke. Ole Miss did their normal star-chasing recruiting. Strong on flash, light on substance. They ignored their glaring needs on defense, and signed a key player at a position of great need (RB) who will likely never see campus.
They won the press conference. When Senior Day rolls around in 2023, it will be 4-5 guys in this class and a bunch of JUCO transfers trotting out to get flowers just like every class they signed the past 8 years.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 02:11 PM
How did Luke hand us our ass? I didn?t even read the rest of this post becuse of that..
See it?s shit like this that Keeps you on blast with other posters on here.
It?s almost like you welcome it

I'm pretty sure you got my point.

Gutter Cobreh
02-06-2019, 02:16 PM

Show us on the doll where Shotgun touched you that day in the student union???***

Maybe it was what Roy saw and not what Roy was told that made him change his mind.

RougeDawg
02-06-2019, 02:19 PM

You can't read obviously. Take it to the political board.

Ari Gold
02-06-2019, 02:53 PM
I'm pretty sure you got my point.

Please explain to me and everyone how Luke handed us our ass....

Dawg61
02-06-2019, 04:33 PM
Hearing students trash athletes in person is always more influential than reading it online. Especially today where everything online is trashing everything.

West Tn Dawg
02-06-2019, 06:28 PM
Take your opinion on that subject to the political board...
-Scooba