02-06-2019, 10:31 AM
Dec 5th, 2019. Go ahead and pin it. 😂

jwells
02-06-2019, 10:33 AM
Dec 5th, 2019. Go ahead and pin it. ��

Mark??? Is that you?

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 10:33 AM
We sure as hell need someone that knows how to sell our university & wants to stay here.

Ari Gold
02-06-2019, 11:26 AM
Funny thing about this is.... go ask Plumlee about Coach Hud...

AROB44
02-06-2019, 11:27 AM
We sure as hell need someone that knows how to sell our university & wants to stay here.

I see that your signature line "Fighting Stupidity & Ignorance With Every Key Stroke" doesn't apply to you. You have to be one of the dumbest posters on here.

Ari Gold
02-06-2019, 11:27 AM

Wants to stay here?? He just left ... why not stick it out for a few more years if everyone is so sure Moorhead isn’t the guy and will leave or get fired in the next few. why not stay on the staff and get the job when he leaves..

He is right where he needs to be... at Austin Peay

MedDawg
02-06-2019, 11:36 AM

Doggie_Style
02-06-2019, 11:47 AM
Hell I'd fire Moorhead today and make Shoop HC.....he accounts for the only real success we've had since Mullet left

Jack Lambert
02-06-2019, 11:55 AM
Wants to stay here?? He just left ... why not stick t out for a few more years if every is so sure Moorhead isn’t the guy and will leave or get fired in the next few. why not stay on the staff and get the job when he leaves..

He has left twice.

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 11:57 AM
He has left twice.

I'm starting to think Hud has as many issues as Moore may have. He all over the map too.

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 11:58 AM
I honestly hope we never hire Hud again.

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 11:58 AM
I'm starting to think Hud has as many issues as Moore may have. He all over the map too.

Yeah he's a strange bird.

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 11:59 AM
I still remember the whole "blood brothers" weird crap at ULL he pulled. He's a bit a nut job.

1bigdawg
02-06-2019, 12:05 PM
After the job he did at ULL, which led to him being fired there, you still are pushing Hud?

Ari Gold
02-06-2019, 12:09 PM

Agree. I was excited to get him back but didn’t hear much positive vibes from anyone about it.
We upgraded tremendously with Hughes for Hud.

AROB44
02-06-2019, 12:09 PM

I'm with you!!!

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 12:17 PM
Replacing Hud with Hughes was a huge upgrade imo.

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 12:17 PM
I think the steroids must be affecting Huds brain****

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 12:19 PM
I think the steroids must be affecting Huds brain****

That legitimately can happen.

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 12:20 PM
That legitimately can happen.

Yes it can, unfortunately i've seen it's effects and devastation.

sleepy dawg
02-06-2019, 12:23 PM
Hell I'd fire Moorhead today and make Shoop HC.....he accounts for the only real success we've had since Mullet left

Shoop didn't do anything any other pretty good DC would've done with the most talented defense in the country.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2019, 12:25 PM
Hud will never be the head man here. I'm surprised we even let him come back as an assistant.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 12:26 PM
Shoop didn't do anything any other pretty good DC would've done with the most talented defense in the country.

I thought he did a good job. Bama and Clemson were every bit as talented on defense

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 12:27 PM

Yes he did. Grantham wouldn't have coached this D to #1. What was done with limited LB depth and in the secondary was pretty impressive. His schematics sure messed with some teams too. Not saying he did it all by himself ... the D staff certainly contributed but Shoop was pretty top notch this past year.

ETA: When injuries plagued the backend the guys that stepped in didn't miss a beat. These were guys I thought would be pretty decent, but they played lights out.

To add something else tho: I don't think I like the idea of Shoop as the HC. I do prefer OCs that hire good to great DC and leave them alone, as a general rule. There are some exceptions tho.

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 12:29 PM
Yes he did. Grantham wouldn't have coached this D to #1. What was done with limited LB depth and in the secondary was pretty impressive. His schematics sure messed with some teams too. Not saying he did it all by himself ... the D staff certainly contributed but Shoop was pretty top notch this past year.

Yeah it was the best secondary play I've seen in a long while and that's Shoops specialty. Shoop did a great job all the way around but I was super impressed with how much better our secondary was.

HoopsDawg
02-06-2019, 12:50 PM
Bill Clark.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Bill Clark.

^^^^^^
The guy knows how to win with less than optimal circumstances

Saltydog
02-06-2019, 01:14 PM
won't be blowing him like they were this year.

preachermatt83
02-06-2019, 02:32 PM
It works out perfectly. No. Crooting Moorehead will decline even Moore and HUD has a good year at Austin Peay and all things fall into place. May happen the next year. But it could certainly happen. JoMo won't be the coach here more than 2 more years.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-06-2019, 02:59 PM
WHY DOES EVERYONE LOVE HUD SO MUCH??!?

He was a good recruiter here, he had early success at a G5, cheated (he knew what Saunders was when he hired him), and then the whole thing fell apart. Spends one year here where he doesn't do anything of note.

I think 5% of his love is that he's a State guy who's less likely to leave us if he has success, 20% is that he's the only name they know and they like ot pretend they're plugged in to the cfb world, and 70% is that people thought he'd be good when he left for ULL and since then hasn't bothered to reevaluate that opinion. Only 5% is that people genuinely thought it all through and still think he'd be the best coach for us.

Like yeah he's a State guy and he's less likely to leave us than most other coaches. But 1) that doesn't mean he wouldn't leave, and 2) he's not an X's and O's guy. You'd have to have a DC AND and OC. And continuity on offence is a heck of lot more important than on D... all those years of new DCs and Sirmon was the only one who produced a bad D. Mullen leaves and even a slight change in offence results in a disaster.

We can't pay our coaches enough to keep them as is. You really want to add in the need for an OC? Then if he's good he'll get poached (by Bama or to be an HC), and we've got to find a new quality OC that runs the same system, which rules out 4/5 OCs. It would be a disaster, especially with how hard it is for us to recruit quality skill players that can excel with talent alone.

Hud is Matt Luke. Yeah the fanbase knows him and had a good opinion of him and he's very loyal and knows MS recruiting... but at the end of the day he's not an SEC HC.

Pit Bull
02-06-2019, 05:09 PM
Yeah he's a strange bird.

Funny everyone is mentioning that......I felt that way too a little bit. He has bounced around a bit too much for my liking. Something just doesn't seem to square up with Hud. Think it's time to move on from many saying he is the savior.

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2019, 05:14 PM
It works out perfectly. No. Crooting Moorehead will decline even Moore and HUD has a good year at Austin Peay and all things fall into place.

Aw how cute..another stupid nickname. Your Daddy make it up for ya?

May happen the next year. But it could certainly happen. JoMo won't be the coach here more than 2 more years.

Another bold predication that will turn up incorrect.... Ya just don't learn.

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2019, 05:17 PM
WHY DOES EVERYONE LOVE HUD SO MUCH??!?

He was a good recruiter here, he had early success at a G5, cheated (he knew what Saunders was when he hired him), and then the whole thing fell apart. Spends one year here where he doesn't do anything of note.

I think 5% of his love is that he's a State guy who's less likely to leave us if he has success, 20% is that he's the only name they know and they like ot pretend they're plugged in to the cfb world, and 70% is that people thought he'd be good when he left for ULL and since then hasn't bothered to reevaluate that opinion. Only 5% is that people genuinely thought it all through and still think he'd be the best coach for us.

Like yeah he's a State guy and he's less likely to leave us than most other coaches. But 1) that doesn't mean he wouldn't leave, and 2) he's not an X's and O's guy. You'd have to have a DC AND and OC. And continuity on offence is a heck of lot more important than on D... all those years of new DCs and Sirmon was the only one who produced a bad D. Mullen leaves and even a slight change in offence results in a disaster.

We can't pay our coaches enough to keep them as is. You really want to add in the need for an OC? Then if he's good he'll get poached (by Bama or to be an HC), and we've got to find a new quality OC that runs the same system, which rules out 4/5 OCs. It would be a disaster, especially with how hard it is for us to recruit quality skill players that can excel with talent alone.

Hud is Matt Luke. Yeah the fanbase knows him and had a good opinion of him and he's very loyal and knows MS recruiting... but at the end of the day he's not an SEC HC.

Yep... it's a Mississippi mentality.. recycle what you know and don't be open to something new.
Some people love Hud, i think, because Ninja almost hired him instead of Mullen...

Either way, he did nothing special while here in my eyes and then got caught up in the Saunders mess and is not so pearly clean as a head coach now.