PDA

View Full Version : Basketball vs LSU

CadaverDawg
02-06-2019, 10:15 AM
Big game tonight. Time to get ready to cheer on Howland's boys. Need a split this week, so tonight is huge.

How do you guys think we match up

BB30
02-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Big game tonight. Time to get ready to cheer on Howland's boys. Need a split this week, so tonight is huge.

How do you guys think we match up

I'm cautiously optomistic. Seeing Perry come along the way he has over the last couple of weeks along with the hard nosed play by Woodard has me thinking we are starting to see this team turn a bit of a corner. Huge game for sure. I think we win.

Hump should be rocking none the less.

jwells
02-06-2019, 10:38 AM
I'm cautiously optomistic. Seeing Perry come along the way he has over the last couple of weeks along with the hard nosed play by Woodard has me thinking we are starting to see this team turn a bit of a corner. Huge game for sure. I think we win.

Hump should be rocking none the less.

I agree. Cautiously optimistic. Naz Reid will be a handful in the post but I like us to pull it out at home.

louisvilledawg
02-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Guard wise I think we match up well. Their PG is really good (Avg 15 ppg and 6 apg.)

I don't think we match up well with their bigs, though. They have a 5* in Reid that's 6'10" 260#ish that plays like a great value DeMarcus Cousins. Then they also have Bigby-Williams who reminds me of a taller Donte Hall - athletic with really long arms that dunks a lot of his shots.

Holman, Perry, and Ado gonna have their work cut out for them.

LSU is a very long team. They have waters who is under 6 feet tall, but everyone else is like 6'4" or taller.

StarkVegasSteve
02-06-2019, 11:21 AM
We have to limit Waters and Mays. And as in the other games we have to rebound, but especially this one cause LSU is extremely long on the front line

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2019, 11:39 AM
We win.

We have to.

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 11:41 AM
If they have bigs it doesnt sound well for us

mstatefan91
02-06-2019, 11:42 AM
Roll with the Freshmen and sub in Ado when necessary. Holman is too soft for LSU's bigs (hope he proves me wrong).

CadaverDawg
02-06-2019, 11:51 AM
If they have bigs it doesnt sound well for us

This is what worries me. We have no girth

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Its going to be tough.

Duckdog
02-06-2019, 01:56 PM
please please win

Covercorner2
02-06-2019, 02:03 PM
please please win

We are 4 point favorites FWIW

RougeDawg
02-06-2019, 02:26 PM
I think we coast to a W. As much praise as we got winning on the plantation Saturday, we really only played an average game. Lamar was off. Nick was off, probably due to injury. Ado had baby hands as usual. We really only had two guys playing well and won on the road in the SEC.

Perry is turning into a monster and you can see his confidence boosting his results. I expect him to eat LSU?s lunch. We need Q or Lamar to have another above average game and we will win. If more than two guys are on its gonna be a rout.go look at lsu?s Schedule and it?s absurd how easy they have had it. They are a paper tiger, pun intended.

MCsMGs
02-06-2019, 02:29 PM
I think we coast to a W. As much praise as we got winning on the plantation Saturday, we really only played an average game. Lamar was off. Nick was off, probably due to injury. Ado had baby hands as usual. We really only had two guys playing well and won on the road in the SEC.

Perry is turning into a monster and you can see his confidence boosting his results. I expect him to eat LSU?s lunch. We need Q or Lamar to have another above average game and we will win. If more than two guys are on its gonna be a rout.go look at lsu?s Schedule and it?s absurd how easy they have had it. They are a paper tiger, pun intended.

Hope you're right! The only one that concerns me is Waters...we can't let that guy go off.

See y'all at The Hump!

RougeDawg
02-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Hope you're right! The only one that concerns me is Waters...we can't let that guy go off.

See y'all at The Hump!

Forgot to add that LSU shooting has cooled off dramatically of late. They are shooting around 25% from three and that is boosted by a 6-10 game from waters during the stretch. They are 18% without that game. They struggle with guard heavy teams. I think Perry and baby hands can hold them at bay well enough to allow us to make the outside shots. LSU gives up a lot of open look threes. We have to hit them.

mstatefan91
02-06-2019, 02:38 PM
Forgot to add that LSU shooting has cooled off dramatically of late. They are shooting around 25% from three and that is boosted by a 6-10 game from waters during the stretch. They are 18% without that game. They struggle with guard heavy teams. I think Perry and baby hands can hold them at bay well enough to allow us to make the outside shots. LSU gives up a lot of open look threes. We have to hit them.

Perfect night for Lamar to have a 25 point game

Doggie_Style
02-06-2019, 02:59 PM
Perfect night for Lamar to have a 25 point game

I think he will need to....somebody has to get hot and knock down some 3's, looking for a W

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Roll with the Freshmen and sub in Ado when necessary. Holman is too soft for LSU's bigs (hope he proves me wrong).

He shouldnt step back on the court till he decides he cares about someone else other than himself

MarketingBully
02-06-2019, 07:03 PM
If we are patient and run our offense, we will be fine. We should get open looks from the perimeter as Arkansas had a ton of them. Just need to play with effort and we will be okay.