PDA

View Full Version : What really ticks me off..

Negative Waves
10-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Is that 10 years ago, we had a chance to hire Jimbo Fisher. I heard he was wanting to come to State. Instead, LT went off and hired Croom. I wonder what the program would look like today had we hired him? FSU is making Clemson look like a SWAC school.

Coach34
10-19-2013, 10:55 PM
yep...past decisions define your future

slickdawg
10-19-2013, 10:57 PM
There are insufficient words to describe my hatred and disdain for Larry Templeton.

maroonmania
10-19-2013, 11:18 PM
There are insufficient words to describe my hatred and disdain for Larry Templeton.

Well you just get whatever you get when you have a bean counter running your athletic department. I'm also starting to wonder if Byrne is in danger of losing his "Ninja" mystique. Seems the luster is coming off of Mullen at this point and that's the hire that got him the nickname. That hire isn't looking nearly as good now as it did a few years ago.

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Why we went with Croom I have no clue. When I heard Fisher wanted the job in 2004, that solidified my disdain for LT. Fisher is a heck of a recruiter and would have done a great job here. Only an idiot would have turned him down. Someone like LT.

FlabLoser
10-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Jimbo and Spurrier. We could have hired Spurrier before Florida did.

bully99
10-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Come on people ...The ncaa and especially the sec put enormous pressure on Lar to hire a black coach ..that's no secret. The sec was getting beat to hell and back about the sec never having a black coach front the national media. Very simple.

Dawgowar
10-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Come on people ...The ncaa and especially the sec put enormous pressure on Lar to hire a black coach ..that's no secret. The sec was getting beat to hell and back about the sec never having a black coach front the national media. Very simple.

And the NCAA actual pretended to hold a hammer on recruiting charges at the time....we were facing the hearing with one JWS - NCAA public enemy number 1b behind Tarkanian, and Croom's hiring helped our cause. On paper it wasn't a bad hire at the time. Now, had we known going in what effect the photos JWS's lawyers had was going to be...

Coach34
10-19-2013, 11:49 PM
that NCAA crap is bullshit- they still cut schollys and visits

LT was an idiot. People forget that LT wanted to hire Bobby Wallace over Jackie Sherrill. The freakin President had to over rule him on that one. RIP Dr Z

Relf2.0
10-20-2013, 12:52 AM
We aren't a losing program yet everyone is bailing on Mullen too fast Tyler Russell has shattered our passing records and we won back to back 9 games and he own Ole Piss.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Wonder how Clemson fans feel about Dabo tonight? Wonder if they want him fired?

Dawgfan77
10-20-2013, 07:47 AM
We aren't a losing program yet everyone is bailing on Mullen too fast Tyler Russell has shattered our passing records and we won back to back 9 games and he own Ole Piss.

I must have missed it when we won back to back 9 games

msstate7
10-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Wonder how Clemson fans feel about Dabo tonight? Wonder if they want him fired?

No. USCe lost. You only fire your coach if you're rival wins a big game

Dawg61
10-20-2013, 08:03 AM

Haha it's when you're on a Bye week and your rival wins a big game.

hells bells
10-20-2013, 09:26 AM
yep...past decisions define your future

So TSUN and Freezus gets a signature win. Now the war drums beat to fire Mullen. One, Mullen ain't going no where! I personally do not think State has the money to buy him out and hire a new coach. Two, there are too many Elite Dawgs obsessed with TSUN. Three, recruiting is shaping up at this time, Mullen needs to play four quarters of recruiting-he will. Upsets were contagious yesterday. Last, a friend who is a bear texed me hotty hottie, then followed up with "need to enjoy this while I can." Actually we are in a better place.

Dawgfan77
10-20-2013, 09:40 AM
So TSUN and Freezus gets a signature win. Now the war drums beat to fire Mullen. One, Mullen ain't going no where! I personally do not think State has the money to buy him out and hire a new coach. Two, there are too many Elite Dawgs obsessed with TSUN. Three, recruiting is shaping up at this time, Mullen needs to play four quarters of recruiting-he will. Upsets were contagious yesterday. Last, a friend who is a bear texed me hotty hottie, then followed up with "need to enjoy this while I can." Actually we are in a better place.
Mullen's buy out is only about 1.6 so to think we couldn't buy him out is crazy talk. With the upgrade in facilities and stadium exp. along with the TV contracts we cannot sit ideally by and say "takes time to build a program, stay the course." Bull shit, this aint 1994, its 2013 and if we lose to OM this year, then its time to make a change. Love him or hate him Mullen did some good things for us, but it may be time to move on.

Relf2.0
10-20-2013, 09:44 AM
He is starting to recruit better. Aeris and Shump will be the best tandem of running backs in the sec.
lay off mullen guys

DownwardDawg
10-20-2013, 09:45 AM

Hahaha!!! Well played!

scottycameron
10-20-2013, 09:51 AM
That was the the SEC and ncaa's call. When Bama hired Shula it sealed the deal.

drunkernhelldawg
10-20-2013, 10:17 AM
that NCAA crap is bullshit- they still cut schollys and visits

LT was an idiot. People forget that LT wanted to hire Bobby Wallace over Jackie Sherrill. The freakin President had to over rule him on that one. RIP Dr Z

I know. I'd hate to think it's true that we hired based on race, and I don't think that's true. However, "The Only Color That Matters" was the most ill-conceived campaign I've ever seen. That forced us to look at the coach in a racial context, which is the absolute dumbest and wrongest way to look at it. Somebody in marketing should have had more sense that to constantly make sure that we were getting props for the color of our coach. Football is a color-blind sport, and that's how it needs to stay.